ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MarkCup's Fiesta ST

Passat
The backs to the seats look two feet deep!

Everything just seems so out of proportion - from the Aston rip-off grille to the 4 foot long headlights.

Probably the only fiesta I've ever disliked.

Steering wheel looks good though

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Superb Mark. I do love the Blue as all hot Fords should be, but the colour works okay with the shape.

The steering and gear-change I imagine to be utterly epic if the standard car and the ZS are anything to go by.

Enjoy it. These new age cars with performance and fuel economy are just brilliant.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Got to make my decision in 4 weeks, to order or not, arg!

That looks so good.

RS6 C7
Love it!

Saw a blue one yesterday and it looked superb too! They are on to a winner with these especially with the price in comparison to the rivals. I think Renault will really struggle with the 200T.

The car looks good Mark. Just can't imagine you driving such an ASW. Was it the Evo article that convinced you to change your mind about The Clio 200T? look forward to seeing it in the flesh some time.

Leon Cupra 300
Like this a lot.. Would like a black one.

Although, I'm sure I read somewhere that ESP isn't fully disabled even when you switch it off. That might not be ideal for your track work?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Those pics are either terrible or that colour is crap?

Fair play to you though and just wow at the fuel economy! Very impressive. I'm sure it's a brilliant car to drive too.

If the above is true as well then that bloody sucks although I guess it depends how well it works etc.

IMO people need to get over this 'Aston' thing. Inferiority complex? At least it doesn't have a Renault diamond which was accidentally specced from the Renault Trucks part number.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
That's one of the worst colours I have ever seen on a car. What made you go for that colour?

ff cup ur 200
spot on mate and I bet the colour defo looks better in the flesh, think you made the right choice in getting the st over the 200t its just seems like a better car for a lot less money. enjoy bud.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Why did i get this over a 200T? One word, Renault. Reinforced more and more as I crawl over and explore it, the way it's put together, the way things feel and work (electric windows being a prime example), the manual, everything about it generally puts Renault to shame by comparison.

Lots more running around in it today, a familiar cross country run, some motorway, some stop start city work. Have given it a full throttle run to 5k a couple of times, the noise is addictive! Couple more hours of general cleaning (mainly interior this time) and corrected the rear tyre pressures which were way off. Oddly, the correct pressures are f36/r26. 10psi difference front to rear...is that a Ford thing?

Thanks for all the comments, it doesn't look in the flesh anything like it does in these pictures so reserve judgement on the colour until you see it! It wasn't my first choice but it was either that or wait until July for my original Spirit Blue. I'm glad though as my Mum would have wanted me to 'get the loud one'.

The seats are huge, but because of the 45 degree seat squab with me set up in the front, I can get behind quite comfortably so they don't compromise rear space.

Plans? Keep it original and cherished while giving it death on the odd trackday. I'm not going to ruin this one like i did my 172 Cup...I will look at Mountune when they announce what they have for it though...with my warranty extended to 5yrs/100k that's a no-brainer.

So far though it's more than i hoped it would be. I can't wait for the 26 mile b-road blast to work In the morning. I might even set the alarm early so I can take a few detours LOL

No it's not a ford thing. I run 36/34 and that's with a hulking great i5 up front.

Anyway welcome to life after Renaultsport TBH. You can't very easily beat the way a performance Ford rolls down the road. They feel just right.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
I like the shape. Looks very good imo. Saw a non ST version last week. Very smart car. Shame they don't do a 5-door.

Suzuki Jimny
The orange looks much better in real life, these pictures aren't the best sorry. Like it a lot :)

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
The pressures on these surprised me when I checked them for a test drive. Not normal for Ford at all. I had to check with a technician to confirm but hats what the sticker says so that's what they are.

I imagine it's a combination of very low rear axle weight, and a desire to promote front axle responsiveness and turn-in.

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
I like it. Had to try and find pictures online to show the colour better though. This should help your cause I think...

Last edited by a moderator:
  Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Your pics make it look like a washed out peach, but in reality its a stunning colour.

My mates on about getting his Mrs one (white with black wheels to match his RS), but he loves her Arbarth 500 Essesse, and she wants an A1 S line lol

Z4
No it's not a ford thing. I run 36/34 and that's with a hulking great i5 up front.

Behave, it's only a 2.5.
I bet you call your penis king dong.

I'm liking that Mark, good choice. Renault let us all down with that eurobox, I'm glad Ford were there to cash in!
Ford really do seem to do their homework into what the market wants from the st/rs range, they're not perfect but they do what they've ticked most boxes. I can't wait to see what tuning gains there are going to be. Huge respect to Ford for keeping the weight down, if this car had another 100kg I wouldn't look twice.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Is the coloured seats an option? How does that work?

With the ST-2 you can opt for Smoke Grey or Molten Orange seats...nil cost option...but I don't think you can have orange interior with all paint colours.

Sat in one of these last week. The interior felt like it cost a total of 12p

Really? I know I'm still very much in the honeymoon period and it is brand new, but it feels far more substantial than my 200. Some textures/materials are clearly low end/budget, but it's still a nicer place to be I think...that's probably down to the seats.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Not a fan i'm affraid. Seems to get good write ups on the chassis front, but it looks dire and the interior is equallys as poxy!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Seen one in real life yet Ali? I was quite impressed with the one I saw the other day. I even stopped for a nosey.

Only in passing Rob. Looks like a fish at the front! (Same goes for it's bigger brother) I think Ford have gone backwards in that department...But if the chassis is as good as it appears to be, maybe that's enough for most!