ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MarkCup's Fiesta ST

Fiesta ST3
Nice one, thanks mate. It was 4 weeks yesterday so I'll give them another week.

check your spam folders as thats where mine went for some reason! luckily the chap at G2L called me as soon as he sent them to explain what they were for

when did you order btw? and whats the delivery date of the car?

Clio 182
I'll keep an eye out, cheers mate.
I ordered on the 11th May, sent off Proof of ID on the 12th May.

I haven't been given a delivery date yet as I haven't heard from them since sending in said ID, but I was given an 8 week estimate, which would make it the W/C 7th July.

Edit; bigup, were you given a VIN or anything to track your order via Ford?

Last edited:
  Fiesta ST-2
Of my own doing, I won't blame a bird lol. Managed to salvage all the bits and assemble it back together. Mirror is damaged and so is the little clear section that holds the indicator bulb.

Fiesta ST-2
Got the OE number for the mirror glass, it's made by John's autotelle, only £12.95 online! The indicator section I've seen on eBay, but it's up to 2009-2013, assume there's been no changes?

Edit - found the other part £11.95 :)

For reference:
32 03 37-96 indicator
32 03 37-81 mirror glass

Both passenger side.

Last edited:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Got the OE number for the mirror glass, it's made by John's autotelle, only £12.95 online! The indicator section I've seen on eBay, but it's up to 2009-2013, assume there's been no changes?

Edit - found the other part £11.95 :)

For reference:
32 03 37-96 indicator
32 03 37-81 mirror glass

Both passenger side.

Lucky! That's a lot better than £240!

Hit 20k miles in mine at the weekend, it's gone so quick.

Fiesta ST-2
Luckily I have access to tecdoc!

I'm hitting 43mpg on my commute so far this week, I normally have to give my brother a lift but he's on holiday, so he's obviously affecting my fuel economy!

Fiesta ST3
Mark, how loud is the MP215 induction?

does it get annoying after each gear change?

my car has done 150 miles and im thinking MP215 :D

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Mark, how loud is the MP215 induction?

does it get annoying after each gear change?

my car has done 150 miles and im thinking MP215 :D

I responded over on STOC...not loud at all. If I had no badge on the back I'd challenge any normal person to even get the slightest hint from the noise alone that the car is modified.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
So today after almost 5,000 miles on them it was time to rotate the 'new' Bridgestone RE050s around. Starting off with 7.5 mm when new, today, before swapping them around, they were;

Front left - 4.6 mm
Front right - 5.0 mm
Rear left - 6.4 mm
Rear right - 6.4 mm

Compared to my Clios the pattern/rate of wear front vs rear is as near as identical.

While I had the car up on stands and the wheels off I blitzed them and the arches...that'll do for another year.

IMG_20140726_173500_zpsirb2fl3w.jpg

IMG_20140726_173433_zps8sbcfhew.jpg

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Now I've got mine, I've heard about the tyre pressure? Is everyne just running the standard pressures?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Shiny :)

what products did you use? Have you sealed them now?

Pressure wash, Wonder Wheels Hot Wheels, pressure wash, Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover, pressure wash, Farecla G3 wash, pressure wash, dry, Autoglym Super Resin Polish, Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection, Collinite 476S.

I know that's not the ideal products and or the internetz approved process and products, but it's what I did a year ago, and today, after my efforts, they looked like the pics i.e. perfect.

Now I've got mine, I've heard about the tyre pressure? Is everyne just running the standard pressures?

Yep. Stick with them, they work.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
At almost 22k miles I've decided I really should check the boost pipe clamps on mine...there's many reports (albeit it in the US of A) of them being/working loose and there's useful gains in boost when they're all pinched up. Need a variety of 7mm sockets/spanners/universal joints and tiny hands to do it though. I'm going to stick it up on stands and have a go tomorrow...I'm going to record a logged run in each gear before and after to see if I gain any boost :approve:

While looking for the clamps under the bonnet tonight I noticed my radiator assembly rocks back and forth a couple of mm.

Anyone else got a loose radiator?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's meant to move mate. Lots of cars are like that. All located into rubber bungs so not solid.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
So I spent all of 30 mins on this at the weekend, was surprisingly easy to access them all (except the front intercooler ones which I'll leave for now) and the result of all the boost hose clamps being tightened up is, f*** all.

No extra boost recorded, it feels exactly as it did before. Glad I did it for peace of mind though LOL

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
A few days further down the line from having fiddled around with all the boost clamps I could reach and...on the way home tonight I lost ALL boost!

Car sounds like a jet fighter plane though so it's not all bad LOL

Better get the stands out again and go see which one has completely detached and why...

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Dash reflection? I've not noticed any problem with that.

One thing i have noticed is that the sun visors are useless, they either completely cut off my vision or do nothing.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
My forward camera picks it up really badly :(

Fixed the boost pipe, it was the one clamp I didn't bother to get to as all before it seemed tight enough. There was a spate of boost pipes coming off a year ago so mine must have been one of those.

It survived a year, 22k miles, and a Goodwood trackday but my fiddling at the weekend must have loosened it just enough to pop off under pressure. It's on and done up properly now though!

Im going to head out later and log boost levels...I'm thinking if it was that loose beforehand I must have been losing some pressure.