ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LY 182 - In Demand??

GTD, Lupo
There is a demand but the price can still be too much. There is a 60k mile clean one with belts done on eBay at the moment for £4200.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
LY is a demand, however you cant just slap 4k / 4.5k on it & expect it just to sell

once your over 80k the price drops off rapidly
Also any scratches to bumpers thats another 2/300 off -
plus you still need good service history -

its only a 4k car private if its mint.
S

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
LY is a demand, however you cant just slap 4k / 4.5k on it & expect it just to sell

S

You did, your last LY 182 was horrific with paint missing on the boot lid, doors etc

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Sunflower Ph1 is the only way to go if you want yellow imho.

It has its own charm, mainly that it's on a Ph1, but in terms of comparing colours purely, then LY is a much nicer yellow than Sunflower Yellow, both are better than the s**t flat yellow you get on the Meg 250 though.

If you saw Sunflower Yellow on almost any other car it'd look naff, whereas I've seen an LY M3, and an LY S2k, both looked good, there's an RB classic Scooby near me too, looks awesome, the non-standard RenaultSport 182 colours (Inferno, LY & RB) really are the dogs.

is1

Integra Type R DC2
Every time I hear "liquid yellow" I think is liquid yellow french humour for p*ss. Think about it.
Horrid colour.
Sunflower's fantastic though.

GTD, Lupo
The only thing that now puts me of LY is damaged paint. The colour match is almost impossible to get right and in most cases will end up costing a fortune. Such a shame as it is a lovely colour but if neglected it does look naff! I saw a LY 182 on the M1 near Leicester last weekend and it was a mess.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
You did, your last LY 182 was horrific with paint missing on the boot lid, doors etc

Lol, its sold to the first genuine buyer who didnt think that they was buying a brand new car for 4k

I cant help it if you turned up with unrealistic expectations. The wear on the car was age related being that it was 73k. - however excellent service history + belts done that week with dephaser pulley.
Also a full front end restoration.

Perhaps the picture should speak for itself, plus when the NEW renaultsport badges went on the tailgate looked perfect.
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/706/wuaa.jpg

I also PMed the person who you came with to say it probably wouldnt be their cup of tea, but you came anyway.

Maybe you should buy a personality guage to go with your paint guage.... chipping on here with a comments that add no value & being a bellend.

S

Last edited:

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I'm not that bothered by paint actually what put me off most was the drop down LCD monitor in the roof that the advert failed to mention.

But a link to the personality gauge would be great thanks :)

GTD, Lupo

Lol, its sold to the first genuine buyer who didnt think that they was buying a brand new car for 4k

I cant help it if you turned up with unrealistic expectations. The wear on the car was age related being that it was 73k. - however excellent service history + belts done that week with dephaser pulley.
Also a full front end restoration.

Perhaps the picture should speak for itself, plus when the NEW renaultsport badges went on the tailgate looked perfect.
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/706/wuaa.jpg

I also PMed the person who you came with to say it probably wouldnt be their cup of tea, but you came anyway.

Maybe you should buy a personality guage to go with your paint guage.... chipping on here with a comments that add no value & being a bellend.

S

Wow that escalated quickly, seeing as i was the person with unrealistic expectation i guess i should be the one to calm this down. Yes i did expect a mint car for almost £4500 but as you said before i should have!

S

Im not going to get into a slagging match and i think i left it all on friendly terms considering the wasted journey and disappointment of something that i was very much looking forwards too. You did inform me of some aspect of the car but there was a lot of stuff that i was not informed about like the flat screen in the roof non age related issues with paint! It even had a headlight out as you followed us away.

Last edited:

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
It was left on good terms I didnt chip in the thread ....

As i said all realistic points on the car were covered - & returns me back to my original post

price will drop off quickly after 80k as age related marks on the paint become so visible that they become a cost to respray - with that being LY you wont find many private sellers shelling out money to do that -
same as cambelt - most will leave it if they can.

Being that mine was 76k the job sheet was to get it into the best shape possible with the budget available - with the dephaser being done it took away £600 of spend and so things like removing the roof tv unit and replace with a new roof skin became uneconomical-

ive no issues with you , just people that chip in cr*p before they think what they are saying.