ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowest miles phase 1 172??

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I sold an exhaust to a guy on ebay (don't think he's on here) who inherited an X plate which his grandad had from new, with 39,000 miles on it.

This was only about 2 months ago.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Space cadet got the other low mielage one- sub 30k-

The one we all believed had been clocked- but turned out to be straight-

One on Autortrader last week on 39k- sold to a new member on here
One on Ebay currently on 29k- but looks a mess....

I keep tabs on them all..

Bobby got that V6 yet?

Steve

Lots of Alfas
Does anyone know yet if the mileage clock once you have passed 199999 does it go back to 0 or does it go to 200000 as it doesnt look like there is enough room for the 2?

pimp mobile Zafira
Hasnt Sir_Dave got nearly 190k on his trophy? If so he'll be able to tell us if it goes back to 0.

Evo 5 RS
Shell and power steering gumph is on 85k, engine is on 42k and everything else is on 2k lol.

But yus, dial reads 85k which is pretty crap/boring/bout right. Is a W plate though

53 Clio's & counting
Does anyone know yet if the mileage clock once you have passed 199999 does it go back to 0 or does it go to 200000 as it doesnt look like there is enough room for the 2?

Iv seen a ph1 172 on 204,000 Dave, yeah it does go over onto 2 :)

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
mines turned 110k at lunch today, these engines love miles if looked after.

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Mine has 124,000 miles. Just had it remapped at RS Tuning. 167.1 BHP. Pretty good for a 12 year old car with that sort of mileage.154 ft lbs torque. Its been a brilliant car and so much fun to drive.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I know its not a 'what's your milage thread' but mine's on 92 and its running as sweet as.

53 Clio's & counting
Mine has 124,000 miles. Just had it remapped at RS Tuning. 167.1 BHP. Pretty good for a 12 year old car with that sort of mileage.154 ft lbs torque. Its been a brilliant car and so much fun to drive.

The more miles that go on ,the quicker they get ;) On itb's (but still internally standard and still with the cat in) mine made 193bhp on Pauls rollers on 140,000 miles

220 Trophy
Lowest mileage PH1?

I’m soon about to click over to 24,000, just wondered if there was a PH1 out there with lower mileage? (and not one that’s gone around the clock!!).

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Re: Lowest mileage PH1?

Space- you bought yours the same time I sold the carlsberg one-

I currently have one on 68k

S

220 Trophy

I bought it August 2010 when it had around 22,500-23,000 (cant remember exactly), since then its done a few road miles to and from JMS, then TDF and now Mark Fish and a dozen or so track-days. I have copies of all the MOT’s and the servicing and they all log the odd 1k-3k miles per year. Bar a few very minor bits the car was absolutely mint inside, outside, mechanically and underneath when I bought it and was a good base to build up as a track-car. £25k later and I'm not even finished……..

Last edited:

I bought it August 2010 when it had around 22,500-23,000 (cant remember exactly), since then its done a few road miles to and from JMS, then TDF and now Mark Fish and a dozen or so track-days. I have copies of all the MOT’s and the servicing and they all log the odd 1k-3k miles per year. Bar a few very minor bits the car was absolutely mint inside, outside, mechanically and underneath when I bought it and was a good base to build up as a track-car. £25k later and I are not even finished……..

:dead:

220 Trophy

Photo attached.

Attachments

• 7157860344_35d25de878_s.jpg
    7157860344_35d25de878_s.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 187
  BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1

I think I remember seeing this one sitting at JMS when mine was there. Mines around 31K now, I can't remember the exact mileage.

220 Trophy

It was always going to be a track-car from day-1 and therefore I wanted the lowest mileage possible so hopefully it hadn’t been abused or in an accident etc, this one hadn’t a recorded cam-belt service which I think put others off but I knew that even if it had it would be the 1st thing I would be doing so it didn’t bother me. So I collected it from Bolton one morning and drove it straight down to JMS for a cam-belt service and all the fluids etc etc and a good check over. They said it was in fantastic condition so I knew I had bought a good-un. Then over the last 21 months it’s evolved into its current state. I should’ve written a ‘Build’ thread but haven’t had the time. I think £25k is probably on the conservative side. I dread to think how much its cost, but AST Sportline 2’s, 2118’s, 888’s, Willwoods, AP Racing discs, Pure AC Kit, Pure strengthening plates and spherical bearings, new bearing, lots of powder-coating underneath, TDF TB’s EC1, Swirl-Pot/regulator/pump/custom fuel rail & lines and fire-wall, carbon interior panels, complete re-spray (original colour), new lights front & rear, seats, harnesses, steering-wheel, electrics & battery, radiator & hoses, exhaust etc etc soon add up……….. Next on the list are Polycarb windows all round, heated windscreen up front, cams/larger injectors/head-work and re-map, lightened flywheel, clutch and LSD and then when my bank account recovers – a sequential box.

220 Trophy

I admit £25k is a lot to spend on 'just' a Clio, but its virtually a race car now and the idea is that should the worst ever happen I can just buy another shell or donor car and swap all the parts over. I had a motorbike faze for a couple of years but knew I was going to kill myself so after going on a Palmersport day and driving the 200 Cup Racer I knew I had to get a 200 for the track, but then I was ruining a brand-new car on track and was paying £120 a day for track-day insurance so I thought I'd get an old 172 to convert and have some fun with and not bother with the track insurance.