ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Low temp fan switch - Clio 16v

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

My fan switch has died and I want to get a new one this weekend.

I want a low temp one, but I cant wait for one to be delivered from BB.

I know that the one they sell is the same as another Renault fan switch, but I cant remember which model.

Any idea?

Thanks

James

Skoda Fabia vRS

Andy GDI might know, or BenR, or j3ned

pm a few people

aint got a clue myself sorry

1.9 diesel fan switch isnt it? I got a low temp thermostat and fan switch at the same time and im sure one of them came from the 1.9 diesel, perhaps both parts were.

Skoda Fabia vRS

if you go into any Motor World branch, they should have a big Intermotor book, which has pictures of all the parts in it, if i was in work today id look for you, but im not, im still on holiday !!:)

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

Cheers guys, BenR pmd me and said it was the R5 GTT one.

I remember now, it was just such a long time ago that it was posted, I had forgotten!

James

If you cant find one mate, ive got one.

I bought it when my valver was overheating but it turned out to be a faulty pressure cap.

Ill find out how much i paid for it, you can have it cheap.

let me know

The standard fan switch works fine anyway - Renault wouldnt put a fan switch in a car which let the car get too hot!

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

I realise that Daz, but I have a low temp one in there at the moment that has died and it was a lot better than the standard one as I spend loads of time in traffic commuting into London.

Casiodan, pm sent.

James

Skoda Fabia vRS

the low temp one still keeps the car at normal temps, you just feel better in traffic when the fan kicks in earlier

The low temp one kicks in as soon as it raises as notch over normal running temp really which is good. The standard one does stop it from overheating yes, but why let it go any hotter than need be!