ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking for a new car.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
ive not even bothered looking for quotes on a 1.4 or 1.6 because im 1300 in my own name on my 1.2. also dont really want to pay 2 or 3k for a nice clean 1.4 - 1.6 clio when you can buy a 172 for that money, just cant do that!

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
I must be out of the loop. Surely a fully kitted 1.4 would be cheaper over all than a C2 VTS

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I totally understand not wanting to pay silly money for insurance when the car is worth half as much as the premium !

Is there anything wrong with your current bus ? If not, another 12 months and another years NCB might not be the worst idea in the world ?

If you want sh*ts and giggles, do your CBT and get a 125cc for a year :D

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
im just sick of it, its got 114k on it and the paintwork is getting tattie.
i want a nice car that i can look after and keep clean and shiny.
and also faster than a 1.2!!

just tried fiddling with the quotes, depending on where you park the car, it goes from 2.9k which is parked on the street up to 3.8k which is parked in a garage? how the hell is that... seriously haha.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
FLOL !

If you just want something a little faster, dCi's FTW. Much better MPGs, as much torque as a 172 and £30 a year tax.

Just don't get one with a sunroof as you well know, they're all sh*t and leak.

:D

Disastra Coupe
If you're looking at a VTS/GTI then yes, back axle's are common. I always say if someone plans on buying one then they should have £200 set aside to replace it... IM Axle's are the guy's to talk to about them: http://www.imaxle.co.uk/catalog/fully-refurbished-rear-beam-saxo

Other than that, check under the boot carpet on the corner's leading to the rear arches. Try, if you can, to check under the ecu and fusebox. They're the worst places for rust.

People may call Saxo's but honestly for the money they're a brilliantly fun little car. VTR is a lot cheaper to run than a VTS mind imo. The VTS is about on par with a 172 on fuel from what people tell me, i only ever had a VTR.

Modifications are cheap, running is cheap, repairs are cheap (minus the rear beam).

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
VTS is much better on fuel than a 182 if driven carefully.

Might be persuaded to part with mine, but its too old for what your after!

120d M Sport
I'd be looking at a MK5 zetec s on an 02/52 plate. Ticks all the boxes, massive step up from a 1.2 Clio I found. Insured mine for reasonably money at 19 too, cheaper than a GTI/VTS on insurance and easier on the petrol.

I'm 20 now and have a 106 gti, paying 1100 with 2 years ncb and 3 years experience.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Yes I was looking at the zetec S. Ill maybe have a look for one at the weekend again, how much do they sell for, any faults or anythng like that to look out for?Thanks again for the info guys!

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Going to save up for a few more weeks then take the plunge and buy a 172 :)

managed to get tpft insurance for 2.2k

just need to save another 600 or 700 :)