ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Longlife Quote.

Track 172 & Golf R32
Just got quoted 400 quid for a custom stainless stell system with bolt on/off decat does this sound expensive to you?

Other thing is i have'nt heard of this lot before so have'nt got a clue what there systems are like. Anyone know anywhere near me?

MK3

Dynamiqueee
When i was getting quotes for a cat back system for mine, Longlife's quote was very competitive. Saying that, i've got no idea how much a bolt on/off decat usually costs.

Track 172 & Golf R32
When i was getting quotes for a cat back system for mine, Longlife's quote was very competitive. Saying that, i've got no idea how much a bolt on/off decat usually costs.

Was 350 without the bolt on/off decat.. thinking about it my mate who done my MOT's on my Rallye helped me out with the de-cat.

Was wondering if it would work out cheaper to buy a second hand decat pipe and getting a system built from there? I am being tight but the Pro-speed systems seem such good value for money and i dont know anyone to come away from there disapointed but its the 2.5 hour drive lol

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Longlife were about a fiver cheaper than Pro-speed when i was shopping around, but decided to take the trip to Cardiff after hearing nothing but great things about them, and nothing atall about longlife!

Track 172 & Golf R32
Had a longlife cat-back fitted for £200 and been quoted £50 for a bolt on/off decat

:approve:

How long ago was that? Thats more the price i was looking for well tbh that is extremely cheap for a custom system.

What did you think of it?

Was fitted just over 6 months ago, had no real problems and anything that has been wrong i just pop back and its sorted free of charge.

PM me if you need more info

Laguna sport tourer
i have just got a quote from longlife for £280 cat back for a 182 but ive been told to avoid them as the car will probably loose power as its custom made on the day and not tuned for that car, don't know how true this is though

Track 172 & Golf R32
i have just got a quote from longlife for £280 cat back for a 182 but ive been told to avoid them as the car will probably loose power as its custom made on the day and not tuned for that car, don't know how true this is though

i swear there a bit more complicated to make aswell surely? as for the power issue cant see the logic behind that one afterall it will be better than standard so :S

ph1 black 172
i got one fitted to mine. its cat back. was fitted over 4 years ago by previous owner. cant remember the price but its still tip top.

had one fitted about 6 years ago to my rover coupe 220 turbo. that was about £500 with decat and front manifold. again sounded great and brilliant quality.

Laguna sport tourer
i swear there a bit more complicated to make aswell surely? as for the power issue cant see the logic behind that one afterall it will be better than standard so :S
all i know is a friend of a friend who has a scooby had a longlife exhaust fitted went on a rolling road afterwards and lost 20 bhp, its all about the back pressure and radius of bends etc

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It all depends on whos making the exhaust at that particular outlet. Its only a franchise afterall.

Track 172 & Golf R32
It all depends on whos making the exhaust at that particular outlet. Its only a franchise afterall.

True but they cant go far wrong with it on a Clio Can they? not the most difficult of systems by the looks of it

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
FLOL! You'd be suprised.

I've seen some absolutely shocking efforts. Infact I could have welded it better if I used some sticks and some spit.

Track 172 & Golf R32
FLOL! You'd be suprised.

I've seen some absolutely shocking efforts. Infact I could have welded it better if I used some sticks and some spit.

Yeh i know what u mean same with everything though to be honest some people are just a bunch of mugs! I aint stupid so if something dont look right i will question them lol Espescialy when im parting with my hard earned cash.

Oh well going to get a price from a company near me thats meant to be half decent and have a chat with a number ive been given for someone from longlife and see what happens

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I'll swap ya plus cash my way? lol!

(Long life & ktec decat)

(This is assuming your system is standard and not falling apart (and a ph1)

Last edited:

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Just got quoted 400 quid for a custom stainless stell system with bolt on/off decat does this sound expensive to you?

Other thing is i have'nt heard of this lot before so have'nt got a clue what there systems are like. Anyone know anywhere near me?

What bore is the pipework? Im guessing for that money it would be 2.5"?