ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Long-term storage for a 182

Peddled device
I hoping to move abroad within the next 12 months. I have a 05 182 Cup (51k) and I've owned it for nearly 7 years and it's never let me down. Its in good nick, just the usual stone chips and the odd wheel scuff and it stands me at nothing. I'm after opinions on whether to store it or not. I guess I would return each year for a few weeks at a time, but nothing more. I have no garage (soon to be no house,actually) and no-one who can store it for me. I hear its around £15 a week to store in Manchester. If the move works out then it won't be needed. I'm sure I could hire a car each time I return, or if I still have the Cup then just get insurance for a few weeks.

What would you do ?

AB 182-GTI-6-205 GTI
As heart-wrenching as it may be, i would probably sell the 182. :(

That way it frees up some cash for your relocation, and avoids the costly storage fees which may, if your move becomes permanent, have been for nowt.

Then you've got to try and sell the car from afar i guess too..

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
iirc cars have to be insured at all times now, so id just get rid

Clio 182
if I still have the Cup then just get insurance for a few weeks.

What would you do ?

+ tax + MOT and just getting the insurance could be an expensive pain in the @rse (non UK resident)

I'd agree with Stu, sadly I'd probably just sell it

Peddled device
Dan... would love to, but I don't think they allow rhd in China :( .... plus shipping costs lol !

Guys, I know you are right. There's lots of costs just to leave it here. I'm sure there would be a few minters around in the next few years, but maybe I should save the money,sell and think about a better car when/if I return (RSF,R26r etc).

Elise 111r, 182 FF
As heartbreaking as it may be I'd sell it. When you want to drive you then don't have the worry of Tax, insurance, MOT, storage - can just hire a different car each time!