ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lollipop Final Release

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
how do you put it on silent ?

Press the volume down key, then choose from either 'none', 'priority' or 'all'.

None will be no sound at all and Priority you can set which things you want to ignore using the little cog wheel menu that pops up when you select Priority.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Like this

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-09-15-12-47.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-09-15-12-47.png
    324.1 KB · Views: 57
  2014 Focus Titanium
My mate had to do a factory reset because his calendar was eating the battery and no matter what he did (disable/greenify) he could not stop it. After factory reset it's back to normal.

It's worth checking what's keeping your phone awake if you're having issues!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
My mate had to do a factory reset because his calendar was eating the battery and no matter what he did (disable/greenify) he could not stop it. After factory reset it's back to normal.

It's worth checking what's keeping your phone awake if you're having issues!

What's the best way to check? Just looking under battery usage?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Exactly this ^^^.

If something is taking a high percentage you can drill in and find out what it's doing, how long it's kept the phone awake etc.

I tried doing that on my wife's 5C last night.

LOL at what information I couldn't find and what I couldn't do. Just LOL.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
The bugs are really beginning to piss me off now! Apps closing. Chrome slow as f**k. This f**king keyboard keeps opening and closing. It originally seemed to be spot on, but it seems to get worse by the day.

My Mrs is having a nightmare with hers aswell.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Have a look in your photo gallery for any files that don't look like they should be there.
I had it a few times. Found one folder with a white image (hidden folder using quick pic) and once I deleted that and restarted the phone it's been fine.

It did happen again a week later, repeated the above and it fixed it again.
Something is happening though and I'd like it fixed.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Anyone just had the 5.1 update?

Suppose to fix performance issues and bugs.

Its now even slower on my N5! I'm typing this and I'm a word ahead before it appears on the screen.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Anyone just had the 5.1 update?

Suppose to fix performance issues and bugs.

Its now even slower on my N5! I'm typing this and I'm a word ahead before it appears on the screen.
Since posting that its actually settled down and seems ok. However, this site is still quite slow but it always has been since the new site

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Had my 5.1 update tonight but haven't noticed any lag/issues.

Hopefully it'll sort the niggling issues out with Chrome /apps crashing at random.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Various sites are reporting Android 5.1 will be available end of February. Some key fixes:

• Silent mode added after missing on Android 5.0
  • General improvements in system stability
  • Improved RAM management
  • Fixes for sudden app closures
  • Improved battery management
  • Excessive consumption of network devices when used Wi-Fi fixed
  • Issues with wireless connections fixed
  • Problems with Okay Google function solved
  • Notifications problems solved
  • Some sound problems experience by certain devices fixed
  • Other improvements and changes
  • Changes in the Material Design color palette (after users complaints, possibly for a higher version though)

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Got 5.1 HTC one M8 last night

Anyone else get the update yesterday ?? And whats the verdict ?

1.8 Civic EX
I'm on 5.0.1 on my N5.

It's still been a bit buggy and slow, like last night trying to use chrome and the keyboard wasn't coming up. Apps closing randomly, taking ages for the camera to open etc.

However, this morning I downloaded a Defrag app called "Cache Defrag Free". Run that (took about 2 mins) and now the phone is lighting quick and running like it's brand new out the box. I'd definately recommend others to try the same if they are having issues.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Are you surprised? If your phone is a carrier variant its going to take even longer.
And also defragging a phone? Really?
Its probably just clearing standard caches unless your N5 has a old school hard drive inside, terrible name for an app.

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
Still waiting on my HTC (M7), checking it several times a day! Bit annoying they missed the 90 day deadline but they have improved a lot with speed of updates. If it's any good (peformance wise) I might keep it until the price starts dropping a bit next year on the M9/Hima whatever they'll be calling the next flagship model.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Decided to give the Xposed Alpha version a go which has Lollipop/Art support. Bit buggy but seems to be working great, finally good to have Amplify and other mods back on!

^Same here. I don't like how notifications are either on the lock screen or completely off. There are certain ones (like play store updates) I'm not arsed about seeing on the lock screen, but if you turn the notification off, it disappears from the notification bar also.

5.0.1 on nexus 5. Been terrible. I did a full reboot from the bootloader menu and it seemed slightly better, but now its laggy (especially when returning to hiome screen from chrome) and apps crash a fair bit for no reason.

Hmm... seems its hit and miss as a lot of people have no issues, some have lots. Might strip out some of my apps that are hardly used anyway, and see what happens.

Right, stripped back a load of useless apps and will do a boot when home and hopefully it will improve!