ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Little rattle,...

Clio172cup, Scirocco
Hullo, new poster here, usually use edition38 as I am a VW man, but after a little advise from you clio folk.
I have bought a clio cup from a friend who let a spark plug loose and destroyed the thread. He then bought another engine which knocked loudly.
He then gave up because of money and I gave it a go. I used the original 140k engine, helicoiled the plug hole and had a mate at a sister dealership that a work for put a cambelt kit and dephaser on.
Now, it seems to tick a bit. my friends clio 172 doesnt make anything near like the noise mine does. it follows revs. and seems to do it pretty much from cold.
oil level and grade is ok ect,
I just wondered if any of you chaps have a shortlist of engine tapping problems.
juuuuust a little nervous it is a lifter.

thanks!

renault clio 1.4 16v
they are fairly noisy engines, if you post a vid of the noise Im sure someone can point you in the right direction

Clio172cup, Scirocco
Just spoke to the lad who did the engine and he said he drained the tappets and they take a long old time to fill back up again so no panic ATM!