ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lights

Clio 1.5 DCI (80)
Tonight i parked up somewhere for a while. As i went to go i noticed that my dipped-beam has stopped working. Sidelights, fogs and main-beam work just no dip
sad.gif
Any ideas of whats wrong?

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
First place to check, the fuses and the bulbs..

Then suspect the switch, they are prone to failure, twist it on/off a few times in quick succession.

If still no joy, check the relays, after that its a trip to have your pockets emptied.

The lights on the clio's seem a little unreliable to me :S Maybe im just unlucky? Take the dash off and test the wiring while he lights are on with a test lamp.

BMW M135i
Tonight i parked up somewhere for a while. As i went to go i noticed that my dipped-beam has stopped working. Sidelights, fogs and main-beam work just no dip
sad.gif

Erm, hate to state the obvious. But surely 99.9% it'll just be the bulb?

Clio 1.5 DCI (80)
sad.gif

Erm, hate to state the obvious. But surely 99.9% it'll just be the bulb?

I checked the fuses and the bulbs first thing, and they all seemed fine. The automatic lights thing is still working, because sidelights come on automatically when it’s dark. If it could be the switch then what’s the easiest way to check it, and how much is it going to be about to fix?

Clio 1.5 DCI (80)
Just sorted it :D :D :D :D

Underneath the passanger footwell there was 1 of them little brown boxes hangin out. Dunno what they are, are they relays or something?