ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Learning car limits/how to drive the bloody thing!!!!

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
@Knuckles

That has nothing on some of the stories that I can't repeat on the internet lols

But as a taster some include a well known race track in the U.K. and it's Christmas doo's. Which involve copious amounts of alcohol St. John's ambulance wheelchairs being borrowed, bread trays and race school cars.

Followed by severe gravel rash.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
@Knuckles

That has nothing on some of the stories that I can't repeat on the internet lols

But as a taster some include a well known race track in the U.K. and it's Christmas doo's. Which involve copious amounts of alcohol St. John's ambulance wheelchairs being borrowed, bread trays and race school cars.

Followed by severe gravel rash.

I'm always eager to hear funny stories. My inbox is always open haha

I'm trying to piece together whether you just pushed the wheelchairs or attached them to cars lol.

I did the Car Limits course a few years ago prior to doing any track day driving, along with some other courses (don palmer and another I cant recal), they all teach the basics of the system of car control, which is great and handy to know, esp when out on the road. Other reading material is the Police driving handbook and speed techniques 1 and 2 to supplement what has been learnt.

As whats already been mentioned, is to get out and learn the car on track, since racing, I have found that the system of car control has got me out of a few hairy moment, however, its not made me go faster, race tuition will do this, so two different beasts, so to speak, which both have to be learnt. Hope this helps.

The car limits course, do an interesting 90deg high speed right turn, applying throttle and no throttle to demonstrate car balance and confidence.

Last edited:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Wow!

How come you've posted this now Scott when the track day you'd booked was on the 29th? Or am I missing something?
I should have been a bit more constructive maybe with my comment's mate. But that's not me...lol

I haven't said anything before because I thought I'd just keep my mouth shut and I knew if I did decided to post then I'd say it how it was.

Last night yet again I have seen a post from a member on here saying that Hellcat had taken money from him and not handed over the goods, so far I think this is the 2nd or 3rd time I have read something negative about this guy.

I was actually on my way to bed when I saw it so I thought I'd get something added quick to this, I would hate for someone else to fall victim to this con artist.

I'll reply to the other posts later when I'm home in front of the PC. [emoji106]

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
With the diffs then it sounds like you should just keep your foot in, i pressume it won't chuck the whole 80% to the rear with steering angle on and will vary it to get you back on line. Its just getting past that point where it slips and keeping on it.

It took me ages to tame the 300hp MPS and I still didn't fully attack it on track like you can in a front driver like the CS.

I had similar power in the VI. Although the car itself was extremely capable (far better than my abilities, anyway) - the weight increase could always be 'felt' over the 182. I've never tracked the Clio, but pushing on a decent A-road, its more nimble and arguably forgiving in some ways.

Comparing the two cars on attack is like taking two different people onto a mental rollercoaster. The Clio is a 10-year-old kid - happy to go along with you then looks at the ride ahead and gets a bit twitchy. A bit of reassurance from you and invariably its happy and enjoys the ride. The Evo was like a burly Marine - literally laughs at the petty ride ahead, then s***s itself at the drop, realises that you're shitting it too - then punches you cleanly in the throat as it heads into a 720 degree spin. The latter may well have much more capability than the little Clio, but you upset the Evo in what it wants to do, and you'll know about it in 0.25 seconds.

The Clio needs direction from you. The Evo needs 75% of that and the remainder in trust that it can handle what's coming up. That's tricky to do initially and really quite alien to the inputs that your arms and feet are trying to feed it with. Once you get the hang of it though, you can drive like a hero - or at least feel like you are anyway! ;)

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
I have see the Car Limits people all the time at North Weald. Looks like they put the cars through there paces.

However I would recommend getting some tyres you don't mind scrubbing the hell out of.
The surface at North Weald is very abrasive so you will add a lot of wear to your tyres.