ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Laptop Processor help

Hi guys just looking for some help with my processor.. getting right on my boobs! Sometimes especially when I am running football manager the processor gets upto 100% useage, I've done all the obvious things i.e Virus checked on both AVG and avast, Ran CCleaner, Defragged, Disk Clean up, deleted large files, folders and programs, is there anything else I could do? Could the problem be related to a poor battery at all?

The laptop is as follows:
HP G61 with;
Pentium Dual core processor @ 2.1 GHz
4 Gb Ram
210 Gb free on a 300Gb Hard drive

Also I the hard drive die on me a few months back, when i replaced it I installed windows 7 back on with an ISO. But it came as a trial period is there any way I can get a key for free? Phoned HP they said phone microsoft and cant get a number for them, I refuse to pay for an OS again.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Does your machine not have a windows key sticker on it? Usually underneath, hologram type.

As for processing power, maybe your laptop can't hack it. Close tasks that are open in the task manager (I'd avoid windows tasks unless you know what's what). If you're not on the net with the game, switch your wifi off and close down your antivirus etc as well. Just remember to restart them if you go back on the web.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
My housemate had some norton software installed that caused his CPU (top of the range i5) to go to 100% all of the time could be a similar thing maybe

Street Triple R
Having 2 virus checkers doesn't really do it much good, also Im not sure what version of AVG you are using but the latest one is very heavy on the processor, maybe worth removing that one

Vish the sticker has rubbed off, cant see anything, unfortunatley.

Will check the drivers in the morning although I am sure I updated them not long back and have deleted AVG aswell!

Any other suggestions is the drivers are fine?

Silver 182
Try having a look in the task manager, go to processes and put them in memory usage order. What is using the most?

You could also have lots of startup programs that are running that you don't realise, sometimes when you download a program, you install a toolbar along with it and they can cause problems.

Did look at task manager and thought it strange that firefox would use 83,000 Kb is that normal? Seems high! Other than that everything is fairly low. (Other than steam which is needed to run FM)

Silver 182
You use firefox as your browser? If you do then that's pretty normal I would say.

I always find running a spybot search and destroy and an anti malware bytes finds something you don't need. Give that a bash. They're both free and find things normal av wont