ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lambda sensor stuck :(

Clio 182 FF cup'd
Fitting my decat today and for the life of me I can't remove the lambda sensor from the cat! I tried for hours but it wouldn't move 1mm.. Is there any technique to removing these?

If I can't get it off will running it without a sensor cause any issues?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I also found heat was the only way, blow tourch FTW

Clio 182 FF cup'd
Thanks for the advice guys, I finally got it off! The method I used was: put it on the gas hob for 5-8mins using some wet gloves to handle it.. After this I picked it up and ran through the house into the garden where I had a hammer and a spanner waiting.. After placing the spanner on the lambde sensor and beating it like a cheap hooker with the hammer, it eventually moved! I had to repeat this 3 times for it to come loose to the disappointment of my parents who were waiting to use the hob..:dapprove:

So thanks again guys for the first class advice..:D

Clio 197
Thanks for the advice guys, I finally got it off! The method I used was: put it on the gas hob for 5-8mins using some wet gloves to handle it.. After this I picked it up and ran through the house into the garden where I had a hammer and a spanner waiting.. After placing the spanner on the lambde sensor and beating it like a cheap hooker with the hammer, it eventually moved! I had to repeat this 3 times for it to come loose to the disappointment of my parents who were waiting to use the hob..:dapprove:

So thanks again guys for the first class advice..:D

haha quality

Golf GTD Mk7
spanner and hammer to "shock" it free is the best way to do it. Had mine heated and in a vice at the time too.