ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

KTR induction kit noise

Evo
Does anyone else who has this fitted ( or similar design ) notice any funny noises when driving slowly?

Ive been chasing an exhaust blow for months, but after changing all gaskets and thoroughly inspecting the system I can't find anything out of place or leaking.

Noticed when I had the passenger window open yesterday it was more prominent on the N/S where the filter sits. It sounds like an irregular exhaust blow from 1000-3000 rpm. Anyone else noticed this issue? I'm thinking it could just be some sort of induction noise being heard through the open filter design.

Evo
Only problem is it really bothers me! Nothing worse than a dirty exhaust blow. I've had the cat flange changed twice but to no avail.

Could be a case for a closed filter in place if my current setup...

LY 182
Ive not noticed it making a blowing sound, ive noticed it sounds almost like throttle boddies when you plant your foot at about 2.5k revs, really deep and throaty

Evo
I've decided I can't live with this noise. What options do I have for a closed intake setup? Bearing in mind I don't have the original anymore and they're rare as horse poo.

Evo
I'm starting to think this has nothing to do with the induction kit, the engine in general sounds rough as fook. Anyone care to diagnose this noise?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gNzlViRKYLg

Dont think its dephaser as from up top with bonnet open it doesn't sound knocky at all in idle. Noise is most prominent between 1000-3000rpm when gently accelerating.