ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ktec uprated gearbox mount

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
anyone else who has bought this, did it come with a main long bolt supplied?

if not what length/size does it need to be?

yeh the original will not come away from the rubber mount to be re-used, looks like it is manufactured that way

think its a bit of a poor do that k-tec didnt supply one

this is the thing, i'm not sure how long it has to be, too long and it will hit the gearbox, too short and i wont be able to get the nut on the end of it

i think its longer than 100mm, but not totally sure

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
The stud is in the gaer box mounting bracket and is not included in the mounts as it comes away from your standard mount, a firm clout with a soft blow on the top should shake it loose. We've never had a problem fitting them here and have never been asked to supply one before, hence it is not included.

Sean.

my bad then :eek:

i put it in the vice and gave it a good whack but not alot happened, i will have another go

you can get it out while still mounted on the engine...let the weight of the engine help you with it.

As a side note...Ktec you should include 12.9 bolts instead of 8.8 being a structural component and all it might be wise to err on the side of caution... just a thought