ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ktec coilovers vs standard

Clio 182
My car has KTR Coilovers on it, does anyone know what the ride height difference is between these and the standard suspension at the highest setting?
I've got mine wound as far up as they'll go and they're still too low.

Also, what's the damping like compared with standard as well?

Is it worth changing them back to standard or is there a better alternative?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
There are quite a few spring options that will fit the standard shocks to sit them at different heights, so you should be able to find one that you like :)

eibach are a nice compromise, lowers it a bit but still drives nice.

When you buy standard shocks, buy cup ones, they are a mild upgrade.

BMW 1 Series
I'd be interested in your coilovers if you want to sell them? I've got a 2005 clio 182 on 65k on standard suspension if your interested?

"Navy" N17 TWO
I'll have comparison pics from KTR coilovers to Cup shocks & Cooksport springs in about 2 weeks time if that's any good :)

"Navy" N17 TWO
ive got ktec coilovers on mine and its a smoother ride than my mates thats on cooksport springs and std shocks..

TBH if there's any truth in this - I give up! (changing the car anyway)

Went from std shocks & Sportlines to KTR coilovers to Konigsports - back to KTR coilovers as I needed funds and soon to have these Cup shocks/Cooksports on

"Navy" N17 TWO
Still more comfortable (especially on country roads) than 3year old KTR coilovers I'd like to think

Clio 182
My problem is that the damping isn't great on the KTR ones, and the roads about me are pretty bumpy. Plus i've got them as high as they'll go and they're still a wee bit low. Are GAZ coilovers or similar worth the extra cash for the adjustable damp rates?

Clio 182
I'd be interested in your coilovers if you want to sell them? I've got a 2005 clio 182 on 65k on standard suspension if your interested?

I'd be putting them up for sale if i'm changing but i'd prefer to buy new stuff. Sorry.