ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Korky's Ph1

340i
Cheers buddy, yeh I've been keeping an eye on your thread, is it in the car yet?

Bought our first house together 3 months ago so the engine has been put on the back burner... All the parts are here, cleaned up, head is built, block painted etc. Just needs balancing then building up! :)

Bought our first house together 3 months ago so the engine has been put on the back burner... All the parts are here, cleaned up, head is built, block painted etc. Just needs balancing then building up! :)

Sounds good buddy, hope everything's going well!

This thread is dangerous. What's worse, now I've posted in it, I'm subscribed to it.

Haha boost is dangerous mate, it's the most fun you can have legally for sure!

Small update, my coolant header tank was making a load of funny noises when I turned the car off and I had a leak that was hard to find, I harrowed it down to the plastic tee's I had used to tie the turbo lines in so had some stainless ones made up.

Removed the down pipe and set about the glorious task of undoing the banjo fittings. when I built the car I used custom 16mm barbs on m14 banjo as I bought 25x16 tees but this meant having to jubilee clip the silicon line on the banjo that was in close proximity to the bulkhead which was a nightmare. so with the new tees made up at 1"x3/8" I used m14 banjo's with swagged 3/8" lines resulting in no jubilee being needed and inevitably eliminating another leak path.

Reattached the downpipe positioning it slightly different so it did not bang on the subframe and it seems to of fixed everything.

phase one 172
Awesome build mate love the phase 1 172's im currently looking for a decent one myself
looking to build a road/track monster hope it turns out as good as yours

Ph1 172 and Ph1 225
Awesome car mate. Just recently (past few months) got a phase 1 and I love it. Bodywork is terrible but engines strong and on 45K. Hoping to go down the boost route in the next 6 months but got a garage full of parts to go on. Including a ph2 interior inc dash. How did you do then clocks? Was it easy?

Awesome car mate. Just recently (past few months) got a phase 1 and I love it. Bodywork is terrible but engines strong and on 45K. Hoping to go down the boost route in the next 6 months but got a garage full of parts to go on. Including a ph2 interior inc dash. How did you do then clocks? Was it easy?

Sounds good mate!

erm clock were easy yeh, just ph2 body with ph1 electronics, couple of torx bits and they are apart

little update,

car wont be at pfc, turbo shat itself

ordered a new garrett gt2560
going to pull the engine out on saturday and shot some arp rod bolts in it too whilst its out, will paint the block and gear box again and give it a little tidy up.

ill be at PFC with craig though and hopefully still have a good day

That's a shitter sorry to hear this mate

Cheers bud, should of bought a genuine garrett to begin with, we live and learn though. Was only a 1/4 mile push home

How many miles had the turbo done and what boost were you running?

About 800 mate, and only kids boost between 5-8psi.

Checked the oil feed to make sure there was no blockage too and that's all clear as is the return so its a strange one.

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
What turbo was it? I ran a Chinese replica turbo on my daily for 12k miles with no issues, I've also seen garret turn round and void a warranty when a few of my friends turbos have gone , both being less than 2k old, hence myself not paying the extra

172 cup, Impreza P1
You might be better getting the turbo checked to see what caused the failure before the same thing happens to the next one. Seems very odd for a turbo to fail with such low miles and boost levels.

So it turns out I had a restrictor in the oil feed to the turbo and shouldn't have which was causing my oil to turbo problem. That seems all sorted now.

On another note I have a wiring issue we believe, if I can't fix the car in the next week it will be getting returned to standard, really can't be arsed with it anymore, no love or drive for it at all.

cheers guys, its just annoying after so much effort it dtill doesnt work, i guess thats the 'fun' part about building something which isnt meant to be though.

the problem is the ecu is only seeing 40% throttle posistion at wot and is causing a fueling issue.
need to check the voltage at standard ecu at wot and the adaptronic ecu if there are different then thats where the problem lies we believe.
i also need to check for a ground loop so to speak as this could also be the issue. hopefully ill have some time tonight to crack on with it.

172 cup, Impreza P1
cheers guys, its just annoying after so much effort it dtill doesnt work, i guess thats the 'fun' part about building something which isnt meant to be though.

the problem is the ecu is only seeing 40% throttle posistion at wot and is causing a fueling issue.
need to check the voltage at standard ecu at wot and the adaptronic ecu if there are different then thats where the problem lies we believe.
i also need to check for a ground loop so to speak as this could also be the issue. hopefully ill have some time tonight to crack on with it.

Sounds like the exact same issue as mine has and you sound as frustrated as me with it. Hope you get it sorted soon.

Sounds like the exact same issue as mine has and you sound as frustrated as me with it. Hope you get it sorted soon.
have you found a solution to the problem mate?

yep, if i cant find an issue with the wiring, the only thing i havent replaced are injectors, fuel pump and relays, howeer injectors were new less than 1k ago but i imagine it is possibe for them not to work correctly from new.

KT

172 cup, Impreza P1
have you found a solution to the problem mate?

yep, if i cant find an issue with the wiring, the only thing i havent replaced are injectors, fuel pump and relays, howeer injectors were new less than 1k ago but i imagine it is possibe for them not to work correctly from new.

KT

Not found a solution yet but am leaning towards the fuel pump relay or wiring. I'm having another go this weekend.

Interesting but not sure it's my issue as I'm getting a good crank speed reading on WARI and scoff told me if this is happening the crank signal is fine.

Can you clarify which relay is fuel pump mate I don't have a diagram to hand.

Also tonight I measure voltage at stanadard ecu end with throttle at 0% and it was 3v at 100% it was 0v however at the adaptronic end at 0% it was 0v but at 100% it was 4v.

Funky wiring gremlins it would seem as in wari with just ignition on at 0% throttle it reads 0% tps and at 100% throttle it reads 100% tps. However with the car running the tps position just dances about wherever it wants?

I have tried about 6 tps sensors now. I can't imagine all of them to be faulty.

Cheers for your input guys I will check crank signal tomorrow.

172 cup, Impreza P1
The fuel pump relay is the rusty browny coloured one in this pic.

20141018_120348.jpg

I'm using the DBW TB so not sure if it's more accurate than the tps on a cable TB.

Got the car back its all sweet, got my cup shocks from clio turbo and along with the cooksport springs they have transformed the car, really nice to drive and a lot better ride than the k-tec coilovers.
Hopefully get to give it a good blast out this weekend if it dry's up

Took the car up to the hartside meet today with the North East lot, first time I've ever drove that road and it was great fun. Few niggles to sort on the ph1 but it was going well for its first proper good run out.