ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Korky's Ph1

Titanium Ph1 172

Not always a fan of Ph1s but your is fantastic, the stance looks brilliant.

Cheers dude!
Added 16 mm spacers on the front today, looks so much better!

Also fitted the cup alternator setup, what a ballache! however I did notice a change in throttle response.
Going to have to get a custom power steering line made up as bending mine to fit the new set up is not ideal.

Did not get chance to fit my painted handles or rear axle spacers or ported inlets, they will have to be done next weekend.

1EC79ED6-88C8-4B63-B008-A14EB2E701FC-26175-00000AB6F4AB1A4C_zps999c4a0b.jpg

588D9C09-E01D-4277-A7F3-961443F59601-26175-00000AB6E935B7FE_zps60929481.jpg

FF220AE0-5C9F-4AFC-B587-9562F6EBB0AF-26175-00000AB6EF053555_zpsbf10e41c.jpg

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
Re: Titanium Ph1 172

am i the only person who likes the black roof look?? im tempted to do mine to hide the dents where someones ran over it!! though it will only be in matt black, not carbon

clio looks really nice!! nice to see someone putting proper work into making one mint!

Titanium 182

This used to be mine :'( wish I never ever sold it. I was the owner before the JCT guy bought it from me. I have a project thread on here from start to finish. I did some serious tarting up on this car!

Also one of the coilovers was stiff from new, so that's probably the reason you had such a problem with it. It was a PITA to set the ride height on it out the box.

Last edited:
Titanium Ph1 172

Despite electrical problems I made it to the rolling road today which turned out to be a real good laugh!

The ph1 made 195.9 bhp and 169lb/ft torque, the rollers were reading hi I believe as a friend ran at rs tuning few weeks previous and made 12bhp less, even with this correction it's around 180bhp which i'm over the moon with (no doubt people will argue with this)

ybu8a2a2.jpg

Titanium Ph1 172

Recent update:
4 new uni royal rainsport 2's full alignment setup running 1 degree camber
197 steering wheel
Brembo max discs
K-tec style intake setup

epagupyn.jpg

aza7epud.jpg

Got A few interesting plans I'm working on aswell so there should be alot more updates soon!

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1

Looking good mate, Like the wheel. Thinking of a ph1 myself so will keep an eye on this.

Titanium Ph1 172

So, it's been a while since I've updated this, I'm not running satin black turbines with ph2 dynamic centre caps.

7aba4ema.jpg

The rear interior is out and the inside will be painted titanium soon.

I also bought a set of boddies to run using a ph1 ecu set up, I have had them running but they need balancing, they are up for sale but I'm taking them to be balanced Saturday morning.
Big thanks to Craig for having a late night with me during the week to get them ready for the weekend, drilling and tapping them for take offs for the map tank, and trying to come up with idea's for the fuel rail. We made and adapter for the tps too!

eqaqyse7.jpg

udyny6yt.jpg

A friend of mine is making the adapters for the filter In the machine shop from the cad drawing I give him too!

There is a long list of things in the pipe line after discussions this week.
I will start to keep this thread updated more often and with a lot more photo's as the car seems to be worked on quite a lot!

No problem at all mate you know I like you help, just glad they are about ready to be on & running perfect. The cars coming on loads now since you first go it & in a good direction :approve: Even better if the plan discussed comes into action.

Need to get some pictures of the Ph1s together.

So the boddies are on and running, had a few little moments but with a few calls to Fred (btm), bit off topic but such a good guy, they were busy in the workshop and I didn't leave a answer phone message but he took it open himself to ring me back and help out and Paul from RsTuning who still helped even though they were meant to be shut when I rang! There pretty much sorted! I'll put a few miles on them and then go get the map tweaked. all I can say is 'that noise!'

Big learning curve on the throttle body frontier with balancing etc this weekend, my hands are cut to bits and my neighbours now hate me even more but had a laugh setting them up.

I now owe several beers out to everyone who's helped too!

And as a few of you might want to know, this full setup so far has cost me around £600 all in, it's by far not the best setup and driving under 2k is abit of a pig but compared to the 2k I could spend on jemvey's, I'm quite happy! I'll update with pictures and so on soon. And details of how mapping goes to!

I only have this one so far.
za8e5e5a.jpg

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6

Thats a whole bag of awesomeness.

What are the arse dyno figures?

gudger12345

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172

They Look so good mate
If you and Craig ever pop down T park one night give us a shout

Went for a blast with Craig tonight an he instead we took a few pictures, it's abit dirty and the baffles in my exhaust were rattling. Also my map tank moved and a vacuum line came off so I need to jubilee the map tank down. There's a few little issues I want to sort before mapping to!

ahyvu2yq.jpg
sejuheqa.jpg
arubajeb.jpg
dy9e7y8y.jpg
aqumyze5.jpg
suvavaty.jpg
e6aqejad.jpg
epegysyj.jpg
5are6a4e.jpg

Here's the videos mate, shame the back box has rattled itself to bits & was spoiling them :(

Once you get the plans done you've spoke about its going to be even better.

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Za1xPBP7MO0&feature=plcp[/video]

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TgBpuVnq0e4&feature=plcp[/video]

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b0JS1GPXR1o&feature=plcp[/video]

So after speaking to ktec the lifetime warranty is with the first owner, consequently myself not being the first owner they were reluctant to do anything to help. I can understand this from a buisness point of view, but selling something with a lifetime warranty sort of undermines that.

Just to clarify, I have nothing against ktec, at the end of the day they are just a company trying to sell products.

I have gone for a custom rear section from a local-ish company being done today, will upload a few pictures later, hopefully it will sound better with a working back box!

Pictures to follow!

Custom rear section made, sounds so much better and no more rattling!

pu8ysyru.jpg

unugaja4.jpg

Popped to my mates detailing unit today and couldn't help but try out some new stock he had in.
Love snow foam pictures too!
a4eta4a6.jpg

This arrived.
a7ezu4yh.jpg

a3avynyn.jpg

Omp side mounts and sanely harness arrived too but there still wrapped up, I'll be fitting it this weekend and if its comfy I'll order one for the passenger side, if not then something a little conifer will have to be looked at

Spent 2 days cleaning the car, stripped it all off with snowfoam, then washed with doodoojuice sour power, then 4 coats of doojuice prelime polish, then 2 coats of g3 supergloss pastewax and finally sealed with poorboys sealant. Found an abandoned train yard with my friend who is a photographer and got a few snaps.

IMG_6982.jpgIMG_7028.jpgIMG_7034.jpgIMG_7051.jpgIMG_7085.jpgIMG_7099.jpgIMG_7126.jpgIMG_7179.jpgIMG_7202.jpg

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1

Looks great mate, its really coming along. Any other plans for it ?

Just done around 21 hrs straight on the car, it's fair to say clio's have the worst subframe! my rear subframe captive bolts managed to snap as I was lowering it so I could change the rack for the epas conversion and then I didn't have enough strength on my own at about 4am to lift it back up. But eventually got there and got it all finished, what a mess about, I just hope it's worth it!
I need to have the tracking done tomorrow and then I can have a good drive out!
Whilst I was messing about I did a oil change and gearbox oil change as I don't think that had ever been done!

3aruhe7e.jpg

6amagy5e.jpg

Regrettably the only place open to get the tracking done today was quickfit, but the one near me now actually has a hunter laser alignment system! I'm running 1 degree camber 1.31 degrees caster and 1degree toe in up front, the rear has 1 degree camber shims.

Overall the epas system totally transformed the steering of the car, everything feels so much tighter, if you can be bothered to do it I'd definitely recommend it!

The renault 21 alternator bracket should be here tomorrow so I can get rid of the cup one

Did a few bits this weekend, big thanks to Craig for the help!

Got a few snaps of some of my epas adjuster and my wiring in the engine bay showing how clear the bay is now
ydu9a5ap.jpg

uvabyra3.jpg

Managed to get hold if the ph2 172 handbrake cover and button and a few plastic bits of trim that I didnt manage to get when I converted the dash too!
9eqyreqe.jpg

Got a bulk head plate off a ph2 without air con too as mine was removed, give it a quick spray if silver as that was better than black! it nicely covers where my old air con pipes were too!
rugy9e5u.jpg

Split some ph2 clocks I had got aswell with the ph1 ones so I could have the silver surround, they now sit properly in the ph2 dash aswell
py8a9ane.jpg

After I discovered there was holes in the ph1 bootlid when I went to put the new style rs badge one I decided to get a 182 boot so I could do it.
Craig set about cleaning it as it was a mess!
u3epy9us.jpg

Really needs a decent polish but it was too warm so it will get one through the week!

More will be happening this week too hopefully

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Sounds great mate, you will have to post up another vid of how it sounds now. :)

Craig looks good at washing cars, ill let him do mine if he likes...lol

Sounds great mate, you will have to post up another vid of how it sounds now. :)

Craig looks good at washing cars, ill let him do mine if he likes...lol

I'll get a video next time I go for a run out mate

Haha he's not bad, I'm sure he wouldn't mind another ph1 to get some practise on though!

Ph2 Boot looks pretty good! Liking the car alot :)

What was involved in swapping the dial surrounds?

Cheers mate!

Erm there's around 8 t10 torx screws in the back of the clocks, just take them out on both sets, unclip the front plastic cover and swap them over, it's simple when you have them both apart mate