ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking exhaust.

Clio 182 cup
Was just woundering if any one else has a problem with their exhaust ratterling at about 4k in 5th ? I have no idea wot it is there is no heat shields near the exhaust the only thing close is the anti roll bar by the de-cat Any one heard any thing of this before ?
Thanks for any help.

nup

clio 172
my back one was sitting on the outside bit ( if you know what i mean) but i had the very nosy you describe..

Clio 182 cup
No all the mounts are brand new and still does it, it's so weird and a hard one to diagnose.

Clio 182 cup
you need to give it a bang with the engine running it could be a loose baffle..:(

Wouldn't a loose baffle rattle all the time not just at 4 k ?
And wen u say 'Give it a bang' u mean the back box whilst it's running ?

nup

clio 172
No sometime they only rattle when really hot or on load others only rattle on idel. You need to bang all the boxes including the cat to identify which it is.. Its not alway eaisy.. P.S. it will be fookin HOT so be careful..

1.2 clio
ive got a high pitch rattle like loose bolt rattle.but ive check and i cant fine anything loose... as above bracket probs dude