ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kerb weights of the Renaultsport Clios

James Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Williams 3 / 172 Cup
I'm sure this has been covered a hundred times, but what are the weights of the 172 ph1 - 172 ph2 - 172 Cup - 182 - 182 Cup - 182 Trophy. Have I missed a model yet?

Any information would be appreciated!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Cup with 1/4 tank fuel was 1020kgs.

cup with aircon with 1/4 tank of fuel is 1040kg's

2002 clio sport
MK1 172 - 1035kg
Mk2 172 - 1110kg
172 Cup - 1011kg
182 - 1110kg
182 Cup - 1090kg
182 Trophy - 1075kg

2002 clio sport
Close...the 172 Cup was 1,021kg...89kg lighter than the 172. I thought he Trophy was 1,065kg but I'm not sure on that one.
either way there close weight dont really matter on an everyday road car its round track when it counts :approve:

James Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Williams 3 / 172 Cup
Thanks for responses, interesting read. Didn't realise how much lighter the cup was, 89kg is a lot! Thought it would be more like 30-40kg difference

2002 clio sport
Thanks for responses, interesting read. Didn't realise how much lighter the cup was, 89kg is a lot! Thought it would be more like 30-40kg difference

yeah the half leather seats weight a ton! must be at least 25kg per seat but worth the luxury

Scirocco GT 210

Renault really went for it with the 172 Cup; all sorts of weight saving. As already mentioned they used lighter cloth seats instead of half leather, lost the air con, lost the spare wheel, removed the ABS, used lighter wheels etc. Even went as far as using thinner (therefore lighter) glass IIRC.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Even went for Matt finish on the sidestrips ;)
Every little helps.

2002 clio sport
Renault really went for it with the 172 Cup; all sorts of weight saving. As already mentioned they used lighter cloth seats instead of half leather, lost the air con, lost the spare wheel, removed the ABS, used lighter wheels etc. Even went as far as using thinner (therefore lighter) glass IIRC.
i never knew that about the glass.... they could of saved more if they didnt put tar everywhere same ass all makes it would save them so much money

RenaultSport 172
I wonder what a phase 1 is with no spare wheel or rear interior. Gotta be under a ton for sure

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
The reason the seats are kgs lighter in the 172 Cup is due to not having side airbags or lumbar support. The difference due to leather versus cloth seat covers is measured in grams.

Interesting read. I'm getting a little bit obsessed with all this weight malarkey recently. Even weighing things I've taken out and things I've put in!

I blame Kelv ;)

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Interesting read. I'm getting a little bit obsessed with all this weight malarkey recently. Even weighing things I've taken out and things I've put in!

I blame Kelv ;)

I did exactly this with my 172 Cup. Every single thing removed was weighed, and every replacement part was weighed. Took a net total of 117kg out so ended up at a nice 904kgs (if the 1,021kg starting point was correct).

Made a huge difference to how it went.

I did exactly this with my 172 Cup. Every single thing removed was weighed, and every replacement part was weighed. Took a net total of 117kg out so ended up at a nice 904kgs (if the 1,021kg starting point was correct).

Made a huge difference to how it went.

117Kg jeez that's very impressive!

Any chance I could have a look at your notes please mate?

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Why not just get it weighed standard and then weigh the car when your finished? Stops the other halfs asking why you're balancing a seat on the bathroom scales lol