ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Keeping the engine bay lookong nice

Trophy, Audi TT,
Inspired by the thread on "What is this hanging in my engine" and the state of the guys engine... I thought I would post a few pictures of the engine bays of a few cars I have owned over the years. I have kept them nice by using AFC-50 anti-corrosion spray which is used extensively in the aircraft industry. (Ebay if you want some)

it comes in a spray can and really does keep the engine bay clear of corrosion. A lot of the motorbike guys use this stuff on their bikes. The engines below have all covered a fair few miles and as you can see are still free of corrosion. BMW 7 series did 150K, the Celica 80K, the Xsara 140K, honda 130K and the caterham 20K.

All it takes is a good spray of the stuff all over the engine and engine bay, just avoiding the fan belt / cam belt areas. Its great for keeping corrosion out of electrical joints as well. When I buy a car I always give the engine a good clean with Jizzer and hose it off (not jet wash.. this leads to problems....) and let it dry. I then give it a good coating with AFC-50. I do the same every few years if I keep the car.

honda engine (Large).JPG
BMW 8 (Large).JPG
engine 2 (Large).JPG
engine 1 (Large).JPG
citroen engine (Large).JPG
celica engine (Large).JPG
conrad engine (Large).JPG