ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-Tec Racing Clio 182 Championship

Leon Cupra R
Hi all

new to the forum

Joined as i have just got my National B licence and have decided that next year i am gonna build a clio 182 to compete in 2018.. which unfortunately means selling my Leon Cupra R which i love, but haven't got the space for both!

I did my test at Oulton park on Oct 26th so saw a few of the Clio's there - and the 135 BMW that spun off 🙈 hope the repair costs aren't too much!

Just compiling a list of required parts.. Anyone know what harness to choose? 4 point seems cheaper but whats the benefit of a 6 point?

Anyone else competed this year?

I'm intrigued with actual racing costs - excluding the cost of building and maintaining the car..

Cheers!
Fozzy

182 x 6 & Mk4 200
I have been speaking with mark fish about a safety devices cage, there was a cloud over them currently being MSA approved. I emailed safety devices to see if they could shed any light on it and this was their reply:

Hi mark,

Sadly, we do not manufacture a roll cage for the 172 Renault Clio that is MSA/FIA homologated. Our R016 and R017 roll cages were built to MSA spec. up to this year however the interpretation of the regulations are changing and these roll cages no longer fully comply top this. We are in the process of developing a new, bolt-in roll cage that will fully comply with regulations, this will be available from next year.

Should you need more information, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Lili

This being the case, other than the cage they are developing what would be the best route to go down for a MSA spec cage?
also will this effect people currently competing with one of these cages?

I think this is to do with the RO17 cage that only has a single door bar.
Check out "Matt Holtom Clio 182 crash Anglesey 2016" on you tube around the 7.30 minute mark.
Nick Garners car only had a single door bar and the footwell folded in and crushed the pedals luckily Nick got his feet out the way pretty quickly!!

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
From speaking to safety devices it's not the singl door bar that is the issue. It's the proximity of the A pillar leg to the actual A pillar and the position of the mounting foot for said leg of the cage