ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just how good are the 182s?

182 FF (Black Gold)
Hey have a 182 FF with aftermarket springs and Milltek exhaust, just how quick and good are the 182s compared to STs and GTIs? Had a play with a few and nothing much in it at all, the clio is much better taking corners at speed without a doubt. My friend had this car before me and we had a play with a VXR and it had the speed but nothing like a 240BHP vs 180BHP would expect he wasnt pulling much, come to a corner and LOL at the VXR taking one at speed. The clio is always planted. Yes not saying I race and speed etc etc, just wondering how the hot hatches and the like compare to the 182?

182's are alright. I enjoy mine but it's far from the fastest thing on the road. It also suffers from poor build quality and reliability is definitely an issue. Couldn't find anything else as fun for the money though, that I could actually afford to run/insure.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I had a drag down Marham with a focus ST, only slowly pulled away from me up till about 130, obviously no idea how hard the Focus driver was trying.

Reliabilility, my 172 broke down whenever i turned the key.

my 182 has had a washer jet and brake calipa in 44k and nearly 6 years.

Iceberg 172
My friend had this car before me and we had a play with a VXR and it had the speed but nothing like a 240BHP vs 180BHP would expect he wasnt pulling much

Ask any racer, any real racer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning.

Trophy #387
Ask any racer, any real racer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning.

"Yo dude I almost had you!"
"You almost had me? You never had me, you never had your car.. Ask any racer, any real racer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning."

Love it!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
My ph1 172 with very mild mods would just about out pull my mates ST-2 at (legal) speeds. Add another 20-30horses to get you to 190 like Martin's and I've no doubt it would pull on the Focar$e.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Lol this used to be my territory but I just gave up......just end up being flamed and getting a crap reputation on the forum which isn't very hard to loose

Oh and clios are crap......should of bought a Fiat

Fiesta ST Stage 3
+ 1 just get used to it braking ;)

Lol this used to be my territory but I just gave up......just end up being flamed and getting a crap reputation on the forum which isn't very hard to loose

Listerine & Poledo

dude, seriously, you bring it upon yourself!

What rep have you been getting on the Fiat forums so far anyway?

:)

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
dude, seriously, you bring it upon yourself!

What rep have you been getting on the Fiat forums so far anyway?

:)

i was saying on that post that im trying to change my reputation on here...slowly but surely but everyone takes it the wrong way

i give up tbh

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

No need to be like that really? No wonder the club is getting a rep for chavs with a response like that.

Back ot. For the money they command these days, there's not much better than the 182's. Reliability is fine if they are looked after.

Megane 225 F1

Finally admitted it then ;)

The only way to find out how good they are is to just drive one. Pisses me off how everyone asks what a car is like to drive and then others tell them they are s**t and that they didn't like them because of X Y and Z. Those are opinions, and while I respect them, you should find out for your self.

lynden why you arsed what random faces on the web think of you. fcuk them, they dont pay your wage, look after you, provide friendship.

everyone that knows you, knows your a top lad, just a berk on the web! :p

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I've got a 182. Had it for four years.

Ph1's are better to drive. And in standard trim, 172 Cups look better.

Both are cheaper than a 182.

Think about it.