ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just got a mk1 help me

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
ok yesterday i picked up a mk 1 ph2 on an R reg with 44000miles on it and it looks a bit gay so i want to gain some knowledge on the mk1's before i cover the basics to stop it looking gay lol,

question 1. are the boot badges glued on or do they have the stupid holes in the bootlid?

2. how much should i lower it by ? (whats the norm?)

3. are the headlight bulbs and sidelight bulbs the same as the mk2 ph1 ? ( i have a mk2 ph1 and want to know if i can keep my bulbs seen as i payed £30 for em lol)

4. what type of bulbs are the breaklight bulbs (has anyone uprated to the LED type bulbs and is it worth it ?

5. what type of bulb is the reg plate lightbulb?

6.how hard is it to change the powerd steering rack and add a pump so i can have powered steering?

7. how hard is it to add foglights?

8. what size are the speakers in the dash

9. i put my ph1 172 wheels on it but im not insured to drive it till tomorow so i havent had chance to see if they scrub, has anyone else had the same set up and if so did they get rubbing ?

any help is appreciated thanks jamie

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
ok yesterday i picked up a mk 1 ph2 on an R reg with 44000miles on it and it looks a bit gay so i want to gain some knowledge on the mk1's before i cover the basics to stop it looking gay lol,

question 1. are the boot badges glued on or do they have the stupid holes in the bootlid?

2. how much should i lower it by ? (whats the norm?)

3. are the headlight bulbs and sidelight bulbs the same as the mk2 ph1 ? ( i have a mk2 ph1 and want to know if i can keep my bulbs seen as i payed £30 for em lol)

4. what type of bulbs are the breaklight bulbs (has anyone uprated to the LED type bulbs and is it worth it ?

5. what type of bulb is the reg plate lightbulb?

6.how hard is it to change the powerd steering rack and add a pump so i can have powered steering?

7. how hard is it to add foglights?

8. what size are the speakers in the dash

9. i put my ph1 172 wheels on it but im not insured to drive it till tomorow so i havent had chance to see if they scrub, has anyone else had the same set up and if so did they get rubbing ?

any help is appreciated thanks jamie
Ok
1. Yes holes.
2. 35-55m
3. Dont know, i believe they would be the same.
4. Brake lights are hidden behind a lens, so no point.
5. Standard V shape one at both sides.
6. Pointless, be a man.
7. Easy, just get the laguna ones or the phase 3 fogs and add them, bumper doesnt even need to come off.
8. 10cm
9. Emm, without lowering they may rub on the inside slightly, nothing to worry about however.

mk4 golf gttdi180
my uncle is in the middle of doing my cousins so i could ask him to do it but i would rather have a bash myself first, how else would i learn lol

jamie

Can you change breaks and ball joints etc? if not then no to the powersteering rack, its a fairly envolved job and you need to drop the subframe iirc

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
Can you change breaks and ball joints etc? if not then no to the powersteering rack, its a fairly envolved job and you need to drop the subframe iirc

yep :) brakes easy peasey and ball joints too, err can do track rods, err took an engine out of a mondeo st 200 done a back axle on a clio, errr exhausts, and a bit more, im a mechanical engineering apprentice so i can weld a bit also (not great) so im not a complete novice, the reason im asking is because i dont know if theres a specific pump to use or weather the belt needs to be different or any "tricks" that will help because im not fixing it im trying to add it and sometimes it just cant be done lol, the one my uncle did was on a P reg and it was a different engine to mine (im guessing an earlier one). i was hoping there might be a bit more intrest and someone who may have done it could have gone into more detail lol

jamie

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
Power steering is pointless. Feel the road a lot better.
Hense why i love the mark 1 i have and the PAS is being binned from the valver engine.

very true but i do a LOT of 3 point turnes lol and use 1 hand to quickly spin the wheel in tight spaces (i hate using 1 hand but it is lot quicker), and 2nd gear corners are a lot harder than im used to lol