ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just got a 182 cupff

Arctic 182 & PB 172
How do?

I'm Ben, and Englishman living in Aberdeen Scotland.

I have just got myself a 182 in Arctic Blue. Its a 05 plate with both cup packs and i love it. Ive owned two clios before. I had an 03 1.2 billabong in black and then a black 55 plate in the mark 3 model which was a 1.4 dynamique. I then got a Suzuki Swift Sport which was such an awesome car but when i saw this clio come up with only 23000 miles in the blue i loved i HAD to get it. a 182...i mean its arguably the best hot hatch ever isnt it? Love that mark of the clios as well...inside and out.

Couple of questions on it that i need the help of you awesome knowledgeable people in cliosport land?

To put oil in I have to remove the plastic engine cover yeah? I know that may seem obvious but im just making sure im not being retarded under the bonnet here...i know my way around an engine and i cant see where it would be on the block other than under that cover....right?
What size allen key is it that i need?

Also, when my car is idling its a little lumpy but not too bad and there is like a strange vibrating noise sometimes from the rear when i lift off the gas. I reckon its the exhaust....any ideas.

Other than that its an absolute belter of a car that i have learnt to respect because it has nearly bit me a couple of times due to the power and lack of weight in the thing.

It seems to be full of pretty cool people here.

Megane 225 F1
Welcome dude. No need to remove the engine cover. To the bottom left of the engine cover there should be a seperate bit of the cover that you can lift off.

And yes we are a bunch of cool people :cool:

Arctic 182 & PB 172
Thats awesome. I figured it was just part of the "character!" I seem to remember even my 1.2 being a little lumpy on idle.

Any other tips or anything to share that will help my life with it be a bit better?

Hyundai i40
AS T5 says service it well, get belts done (if needs doing).

*touch wood* they are reliable.

CupFF im guessing you have a FF with cup packs?

get some pics up :)

Arctic 182 & PB 172
oh i plant to look after it. Im also a very very annoying detailer. Ill post some pics if you lot are keen?

Hyundai i40
loads of 'annoying' detailers on here, so u will fit in well :)

Pay your £10 and become a member, its well recommended just for CS discounts alone

How do?

I'm Ben, and Englishman living in Aberdeen Scotland.

I have just got myself a 182 in Arctic Blue. Its a 05 plate with both cup packs and i love it. Ive owned two clios before. I had an 03 1.2 billabong in black and then a black 55 plate in the mark 3 model which was a 1.4 dynamique. I then got a Suzuki Swift Sport which was such an awesome car but when i saw this clio come up with only 23000 miles in the blue i loved i HAD to get it. a 182...i mean its arguably the best hot hatch ever isnt it? Love that mark of the clios as well...inside and out.

Couple of questions on it that i need the help of you awesome knowledgeable people in cliosport land?

To put oil in I have to remove the plastic engine cover yeah? I know that may seem obvious but im just making sure im not being retarded under the bonnet here...i know my way around an engine and i cant see where it would be on the block other than under that cover....right?
What size allen key is it that i need?

Also, when my car is idling its a little lumpy but not too bad and there is like a strange vibrating noise sometimes from the rear when i lift off the gas. I reckon its the exhaust....any ideas.

Other than that its an absolute belter of a car that i have learnt to respect because it has nearly bit me a couple of times due to the power and lack of weight in the thing.

It seems to be full of pretty cool people here.

oh i plant to look after it. Im also a very very annoying detailer. Ill post some pics if you lot are keen?

Welcome to the mad house mate.

Sounds a nice example you have there, get some pics up :)

A very annoying detailer, i'll have to meet up with you once i get my front bumper and bonnet repainted.

Lol ;)

Arctic 182 & PB 172
clio.jpg
[/IMG]
clio2.jpg
[/IMG]
benweapon170678
home.php

Last edited:
  Arctic 182 & PB 172
These were some of the pics the dealer took before i bought it. Traded in my Suzuki Swift Sport 08 plate for this bad boy...so chuffed! Just Zymol'd it yesterday..love that stuff!

Looks a very nice example, just to let you know Cup and FF are two different things, what you have is an FF. Rare to see one in a dealership with the splitter still attached, they usually get broken/go walkabout.

Arctic 182 & PB 172
Ok i thought it was a standard clio 182 with both cup packs on? Explain to me where im going wrong?

Yeah it is, Full Fat is a term that only exists on this site, used to describe a 182 with both of the cup packs, which you have.

A 182 cup is a basic version of a 182, it has the cup packs but no xenons, half leather, has manual air conditioning, and base spec steering wheel. It also only ever came in racing blue (very light pastel blue) or orange.

It's very confusing but you'll pick it up lol