ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just getting started..

LY R26
Well I've not been on this that long tbh but after reading lots of other projects I thought I'd begin my own one! I passed my test in March and bought the car in January so I could get more practice. So i bought the car as your bog standard 54 plate Dynamique, one previous lady owner!

She stayed standard until March when I passed my test, but she has come on alot I think since then.

Firstly I bought a new cd player, I hated how I couldnt connect my ipod to the standard one. Then got new xenon style bulbs and silvervisions and also an rs grille, minor things but a start nonetheless.

I then went on to purchase a set of coilovers from the groupbuy which are cracking for the money! Also got a bacbox put on but I hate it with a passion so when payday comes I will be buying a custom catback from a member off here! Now for some pictures to stop you all from becoming bored from reading!

20042010.jpg

18042010078.jpg

18042010079.jpg

18042010080.jpg

18042010081.jpg

18042010082.jpg

18042010083.jpg

So just left to do regarding the coilovers is adjust the camber, which is getting done on Sunday, and also tracking, which is getting done on Tuesday if all goes well! I started painting bits white which I really like. I know people will probably disagree because lots of people do this, and I do want to do a different colour, but I know white works, looks good and looks smart which is why I'm sticking with it. Unless anyone produces a cracking photoshop of my car with a different colour before I get the wheels done.;)

I only have one picture with some of the white bits one but will get more when I've finished them.

22042010093.jpg

So the plans are:
Sort out camber and tracking.
Get new catback paid for and fitted.
Get another set of alloys (just need paid for because I have a set waiting).
Alloy refurb in white(unless convinced otherwise).
Colour Code side strips and bumper inserts and door handles.
And finally, enjoy until I can afford the insurance on a sport haha!
Will update when I have things that I can add.

Comments and criticism welcome!

Thanks,

Richy.

LY R26
we couldnt even get the jack underneath once we lowered it so had to drive it onto wood to get it under, and to get the arms of the jack that lets you walk under the car, under the sills, we had to drive the car onto wood, then jack it up haha! the car still needs to be brought up a small bit at the front and will do that when i get the camber sorted, the exhaust sits fine now unlike the picture you see it in. i realised i needed to raise the front a bit when the guy at the local kwik fit nearly ripped mu splitter off when trying to get it onto the ramp, and when he couldnt get the thing they put on your wheel when they do tracking, they couldnt get it in between the arch and the tyre haha!

LY R26
looks good mate. Where abouts are you from in dundee?

thanks mate, still needs a bit done like, i stay outside dundee mate towards forfar, i bought two bulbs off your mate mikey from tayport, he told me to pm you about you breaking the rep but never got round to it haha!

i rekon you could get lower ;) looks good matey :)

mmm il see what its like when i get the camber done mate, i had them wound them all the way down and they were scraping like mad so wound them up a wee bit haha, still get a bit of scrubbing on the front :( its changed alot since you seen it anyway haha!

LY R26
what does? the picture of the rear wheel is when i had a full car and stuff in the boot, the last picture is how it sits now.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Just looks like the suspensions collapsed.

Will look better on some better wheels I suppose.

LY R26
haha, it hasnt been adjusted yet, the back doesnt sit like that picture where the tyre is almost covered, and the front will be raised very slightly tomorrow when i get the camber done, its nowhere near as low as clio_stus and his looks mint!

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
mmm il see what its like when i get the camber done mate, i had them wound them all the way down and they were scraping like mad so wound them up a wee bit haha, still get a bit of scrubbing on the front :( its changed alot since you seen it anyway haha!

mine rubs on full lock, and rubs in the back arches with my 15s on, but when av got the porsche wheels with stretched tyres its all good! sub frame brackets/sills/gear linkage gets it rough but its all good :p put some tiny tyres on ure standerd alloys would look pretty cool!

LY R26
just another set like mine mate, and refurbing them white.

got my camber sorted today, car feels so much better now, and my steerings sorted now so dont need to get my tracking done!

LY R26
mine rubs on full lock, and rubs in the back arches with my 15s on, but when av got the porsche wheels with stretched tyres its all good! sub frame brackets/sills/gear linkage gets it rough but its all good :p put some tiny tyres on ure standerd alloys would look pretty cool!

thats the plan mate, smaller tyres and refurb in white!

LY R26
im not getting 16s dont like them haha, sticking with my dynamique alloys, the back isnt even low i dont know why people think it looks broken? there is one picture where the arch covers some of the tyre but that was with about 37 stone in the back seat and a box of springs and a set of shocks in the boot haha!

LY R26
well made a trip around to see firas today, by the looks of it im deffo having his decat, and still deciding on a few other bits, and picking my alloys up on sunday and getting my exhaust paid for on friday so should have that next week!

LY R26
new exhaust has been paid for! will get pics up when its fitted and such like, ohh and will have a wee surprise in the near future hopefully courtesy of firas!

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
The front should go right down without scrapping tbh, mine was decked to the max and no scrubbing atall,

To sort the jack issue, use a scissors jack of some sort, i have one from a corsa i use to get it up enough so the proper jack can go in and jack it up :)

LY R26
the front is going to go back down a bit soon will do that when i swap the wheels over, and going to take the adjusters out the back too...

yeah we eventually remembered i had one of them jacks in the boot, when we are getting the car up so we can get underneath the wood option is quicker/easier aswell though, thanks for the advice mate.

oh and we did have the fronts all the way down and it wasnt driveable, there was a constant, very loud scraping sound from the arches and splitter:( looked sooo good though!

LY R26
small update!

got the custom piper catback fitted on sunday that i bought from furioal on here. soooo much better than my previous backbox, think im going to get a straight through centre section welded on and getting a decat from another member soon!

also painted the white bits vauxhall flame red and it is a great improvement on the white. hopefully at the end of the month i might have another set of wheels (mk1 rsi wheels) and will definitely have an upgrade for the interior courtesy of firas!

im off on study leave now so will do the rear diamond because i havent got round to painting that yet :( and will give the car a well needed wash and get some pics up. i am going to be removing the rear arch liners and rear adjusters so i can go a bit lower at the back!

beginning to run out of ideas on what else can be done now? recon once i settle on what wheels i want and get them sprayed along with all the bumper inserts and bump strips im just going to enjoy the car and get saving for something larger!

LY R26
had to get some spacers for the fronts because i popped a tyre due to getting a bit of unexpected air and the tyre ripping on the strut of the coilover:( so got 195/45/15 tyres for the front and will be getting them for the rear too, so have a bit of an arch gap and the car is lower at the front due to the smaller tyres, also got it washed today!

pictures:

IMG00015-20100518-1403.jpg

IMG00014-20100518-1403.jpg

IMG00016-20100518-1403.jpg

the end of the month wants to hurry up so i can get a bigger update:(:(

LY R26
havent done the rear diamond and that yet mate not had a chance:( yeah it is mega low but no rubbing atall and i have 25mm spacers on!

nah the boy didnt get back to me so i dont see why i should bother him and give him my money if he cant be bothered simply emailing me letting me know whether he will post them or not so not too fussed about that just now. got an interior to sort first!

speedbumps are fine, just got to go slow haha! again no scraping what so ever:D

more to come guys!

oh and i struggle to get my foot up to the laces under the splitter haha i love it! and with the tyres/spacers/camber there is even room to go lower at the front if i wished haha!

LY R26
i was thinking about getting some dished wheels but i like the look of the mk1 rsi alloys tbh, but im thinking 14" may be too small:( so ideally want 15" dished wheels. just going to get mine refurbed in red just now but keeping the car for 2 years so will see what happens buddy.

LY R26
In those pictures??
hmmm, not as wide as i thought they might be!

Fair do's on the wheels. there'll be plenty more.

I'd love to see this on turbines TBH :cool:
Set went on the 'bay for £122 the other night!

Some 16v wheels like Couzens's? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270577758606&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

yeah i would love turbines too, i pm'd cousins about his r19s because he was wantin to swap them so i was gonna buy his but he didnt want to sell them haha:( i would have had the turbines like gutted:( il keep an eye out and see what money is like!

the spacers are 25mm on the front yeah they are quite wide tbh! but with the camber they are perfect!

LY R26
got my wind deflectors, hids and aero wipers fitted today, will get some pictures of the hids later, there silly bright like haha!

LY R26
had a fiddle about with the coilies today because i wound them almost all the way down last night and was bouncing around all day today, then got stuck going over a bump in my mates cul de sac!!! so had to fix theat obviously haha, still nice and low though, need it lower at the back though, might see if firas will let me fit his to see what its like then will decide later haha!