ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just bought my first fast Renault!

Clio 200
Hi guys, just got back from a 400 mile round trip having picked up my first ever Renault. I bought a 54 plate 2 owner 182 in silver. It has both cup packs and is in absolutely outstanding condition. No swirl marks or cobwebbing (not been re sprayed) and only has a slight ding on one of the rear alloys. Phenomenal considering its 9 years old. Also has a whole folder full of receipts and full service history.

I've always been a fan of the Renaultsport models and went to look at this one despite never having driven one. Could tell it was special straight away. I've owned 4 fast Hondas including a Civic Type R, two Imprezas (just sold a 340bhp Hawkeye Sti) and the family car is a modified Octavia vRS. The Clio feels really alive and fun and the steering and feedback is so much better than the type r. It feels like a proper little hot hatch and I could really feel the difference in weight.

I was was considering an R26 when I sold the Sti, but needed more funds for a caravan!!!! Can only imagine how good that is. Maybe something for the future.

Anyway, the Clio just needs a set of mats and wiper blades. Any recommendations for mats, seen several including genuine ones on eBay, just not sure what are the best fit/value.

Can't wait to take it for a spin tomorrow. Bargain of the century.

Congrats. Just picked up a Silver 182 yesterday myself. I went for a set of Renaultsport mats off ebay - think one of the traders has them on here for £52 (Renault Wolverhampton I think) Great quality mats and great fit.

Enjoy!!!

Clio 200
Here you go;

file-5.jpg

Clio 200
Down in Devon, so not a massive distance from Combe. Looking forward to taking the 182 around I have to say. In terms of mods, the vRS is running Revo stage 2, uprated suspension/roll bars, R32 brakes, full turbo back milltek, ITG maxogen, plus a few other smaller ones. Best car I've owed.

Clio 200
Here are a few I managed to take before the weather changed. Gave it a quick clean and I'm gob smacked by the paintwork. Not a single scratch or swirl anywhere. Just a couple of stone chips on the front.

14577067-D0C2-46A2-87A4-CBFA81307E57-506-0000009A389835E0_zps18c8cd9a.jpg

F62A7657-F346-4DA6-AC07-72B3BA7FA85B-506-0000009A5A8B98ED_zpsf0d19e5f.jpg

Clio 200
Thanks for the comments guys, forgot to mention, but the inside is as good as the outside. No marks or signs of use. Even smelt nice.

Clio 200
Well, I went with the Genuine Renaultsport mats off eBay. Have to say that they're the best quality, best fitting mats I've bought. Well worth the money. Also had a mate polish the headlights that were looking very tired, came up like new. Just one wheel to get refurbed then it will be truly mint!!

Clio 200
Not sure why, but the above post has automatically linked to the wrong mats. I didn't do that, and they're certainly not the ones I bought.

Your Clio looks lovely mate. I have one of them too. :D It looks unbelievably tidy.
Looking at your rear exhausts though they look a little lop sided. Mine were when I bought mine as the exhaust mounts tend to die. s**t design.
Couple of universal powerflex ones and you'll be back on track though. :)
You'll need to trim them a bit but I have a pair of these on the rear:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/POWERFLEX...d=100011&prg=1005&rk=1&rkt=5&sd=160757647156&

Somebody even made a fitting guide. :)
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...haust-mounts&highlight=uprated+exhaust+mounts

172 cup turbo
Hi guys, just got back from a 400 mile round trip having picked up my first ever Renault. I bought a 54 plate 2 owner 182 in silver. It has both cup packs and is in absolutely outstanding condition. No swirl marks or cobwebbing (not been re sprayed) and only has a slight ding on one of the rear alloys. Phenomenal considering its 9 years old. Also has a whole folder full of receipts and full service history.

I've always been a fan of the Renaultsport models and went to look at this one despite never having driven one. Could tell it was special straight away. I've owned 4 fast Hondas including a Civic Type R, two Imprezas (just sold a 340bhp Hawkeye Sti) and the family car is a modified Octavia vRS. The Clio feels really alive and fun and the steering and feedback is so much better than the type r. It feels like a proper little hot hatch and I could really feel the difference in weight.

I was was considering an R26 when I sold the Sti, but needed more funds for a caravan!!!! Can only imagine how good that is. Maybe something for the future.

Anyway, the Clio just needs a set of mats and wiper blades. Any recommendations for mats, seen several including genuine ones on eBay, just not sure what are the best fit/value.

Can't wait to take it for a spin tomorrow. Bargain of the century.

get het it turboed an ull enjoy it 10 fold

Clio 200
Bet the Clio feels slow compared to ur past cars

Yeah, certainly compared to the Sti off the line. However, the clio is really good in the corners and loving the high revving nature of the engine. Not had a N/A motor for a good few years.

Clio 200
Just a quick update on my 182. Had it 9 months now and still love it. Since my update on this thread I've done a few things to it:

- Its had new Brembo discs up front, genuine Renault discs and bearings on the rear and Mintex pads all round. Also changed the fluid, made hell of a difference as they were pretty shot.
- Its been detailed and came up lovely, really really impressed with the paintwork.
- I fitted an aux cable to the standard stereo and ran the cable into the glovebox, great for connecting my phone with little fuss.
- The battery was changed as the original was struggling in the cold weather, much better now.
- I got new genuine Renaultsport mats of ebay. They fit and look lovely, really nice quality for oem.
- Recently saw a thread about number plates and loved the look of the 3/4 front ones. Had one made up and fitted a few days ago. I think it looks way better.
- Best of all though, I have just fitted a 'Snappy' re-trimmed wheel. It looks amazing and sooo much better than the previous melted one.

Here are a few photos of some of the changes.

880F5D4B-69BE-4CE5-BA87-5C6F64F6AA8F.jpg

318A0650-14CA-44B0-9333-B964C43AA328.jpg

102A8AAC-8336-4789-B579-05C7D4AFC81E_1.jpg

8A01F934-440A-4883-B849-DAD230F5D4AD.jpg

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
I love modified car but I also really appreciate a well looked after standard car :)

Probably worth not going much astray from standard to keep the price up, you don't find many in this condition anymore! :)

Also get yourself along to south west meets :)