ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Joe's Racing Blue Project

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Stunning Joe. Very rare to see one still with the stripes!

Red wheels should always been on! Reminds me on Mike's (Jenic) old one.

Noticed lots of RBs for sale. I wouldn't want a cup though. FF for me.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I really do like this project! Great work!
Cheers, still a long list of things I want to do.
Stunning Joe. Very rare to see one still with the stripes!

Red wheels should always been on! Reminds me on Mike's (Jenic) old one.

Noticed lots of RBs for sale. I wouldn't want a cup though. FF for me.
Thanks Kev. Most seem to have taken them off haven't they. I could do with replacing mine for new ones at some point actually.

That's right, I loved Mike's RB when he had those fitted. I'm going to use these over winter I think.

It was the same when I was looking for one. It had to be a FF or nothing. Luckily enough I saw this one and snapped it up quickly :)

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Copied and pasted from this thread..

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?724739-RB-get-s-the-Auto-Finesse-treatment

I took advantage of the weather today, and finally gave the car a bit of winter protection before it starts properly.

I finished by using Tripple, followed by Tough Coat.

A few quick photo's of what I started with (interior is to be finished tomorrow along with the engine bay).

11137762324_7bf98cf332_z.jpg

IMG_6406 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

11137103805_b57b59537c_z.jpg

IMG_6408 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

11137057365_a248393324_z.jpg

IMG_6410 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

11137037544_415ba8313a_z.jpg

IMG_6416 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

And after a few hours graft and my little helper @ROB91 ;)

11136953226_ffb42d19e9_z.jpg

IMG_6418 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

11136881145_7c890a6c75_z.jpg

IMG_6422 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

11136825885_71fbbc83a6_z.jpg

IMG_6425 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

11136948743_00cfbc68f7_z.jpg

IMG_6427 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

11136723985_ea0a47904b_z.jpg

IMG_6433 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

11136755424_468520f077_z.jpg

IMG_6444 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Small update.
I sorted the airbag/service light out on Saturday night with 3.3 ohm resistors. Then took the car out for a little spin to make sure everything on the car was ok (mot on Sunday). Got up to the top of my road and my alternator cable decided it want to snap on the eyelet crimp. Brilliant, so I got that sorted at the side of the road and that was that.

Onto Sunday, it flew through it's mot with zero advisors which was good to know.

Then I gave the car a quick clean with show foam. A couple of pics..

yqabahyp.jpg

3uja2e8e.jpg

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Same happened to me last week.. Pain in the ass those eyelets. I replaced mine with a heavy duty one so it hopefully won't happen again lol!

Looks lovely as always mate!

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Same happened to me last week.. Pain in the ass those eyelets. I replaced mine with a heavy duty one so it hopefully won't happen again lol!

Looks lovely as always mate!
It just seemed to be a weird time to go. I thought I may of blown a fuse at first because I'd been messing about with the resistors. Then noticed the cable dangling lol. Yeah, it's in a pretty awkward place tbf isn't it. I just bodged it temprily, but I'll get a new crimp at work and sort that out on the weekend probably.

Cheers dude.

Audi A5
Good read this. I can't believe you haven't fitted a smaller steering wheel with all the track work you've done.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Good read this. I can't believe you haven't fitted a smaller steering wheel with all the track work you've done.
Thanks. To be honest the steering wheel doesn't really bother me too much on track or on the road. And I'd like to keep the cruise control buttons etc if I'm being honest. I'll just be sending the wheel of to snappy to get retrimmed I think.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks mate!

I got a bit done over the weekend. Started off buy giving the Recaro's and the rest of the interior a good clean which it needed. Excuse my knackered steering wheel lol. I need to get it done by snappy really, but it can wait for now.

My gear stick gaitor had the bottom two clips missing, so it kept popping off whist changing gear. So I ordered up and replacement and got that fitted.

11137184483_0900811396_z.jpg

IMG_6411 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

12036540663_a3138e3383_z.jpg

IMG_6459 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

Then I took my top inlet off, along with the fuel rail guard and cleaned them up ready for spraying. Whilst everything was off I gave the throttle body a quick clean, as well as the Ktec induction kit and filter. I can't find my K&N cleaning kit to oil up the filter again, so I've put the standard airbox back on for a bit.

Before/after photo's

12037213436_9df8094a7c_z.jpg

IMG_6447 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

12036603153_4f80e19783_z.jpg

IMG_6450 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

Clio Sport 182
Ive got a k&n filter kit u can have mate. Got the degreaser and a bottle of oil too nearly full.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I always thought you had an RS2, but still the car's looking great dude!

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Car looks lovely mate! I want my rb to be as clean as this!
Cheers :)

Looks good Joe, are you running the Oz F1's with spacers? And are they 15"?
Thanks mate. That's right, 15mm H&R's on the front. I haven't bothered with any on the rear.

Get yourself some streamline carbon thumb grips, I loved mine!
Ah, I remember seeing yours actually. They did look good. I think I'd rather pay a little bit more and have a complete fresh steering wheel though to be honest.

I always thought you had an RS2, but still the car's looking great dude!
I did have one a few months back but decided to sell it.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Looks stunning mate, really like the look of this, the lux seats are a nice touch too.

p.s how do you upload your pics from Flickr? All I get us a little blue box instead of the pic lol
Thanks Craig, the seats are great. I'm thinking of getting a seat cover actually just for a bit of protection.

With Flickr if you open the image you should see a small box with an arrow inside it at the bottom right of the photo. Click on that and click onto the HTML/BBCode and copy and paste that code straight onto here.

Thanks Craig, the seats are great. I'm thinking of getting a seat cover actually just for a bit of protection.

With Flickr if you open the image you should see a small box with an arrow inside it at the bottom right of the photo. Click on that and click onto the HTML/BBCode and copy and paste that code straight onto here.

A specific cover for the treadlines? I had a snap on cover on mine & they just stretched it too much lol.

Thanks for the flickr info mate much appreciated.

Really do like the look of this car, so good to see one with the stripes on still, did you add the bits under the badge & plate?

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
A specific cover for the treadlines? I had a snap on cover on mine & they just stretched it too much lol.

Thanks for the flickr info mate much appreciated.

Really do like the look of this car, so good to see one with the stripes on still, did you add the bits under the badge & plate?
Yeah it's one of eBay designed for the trendlines. Although hearing you say that it does out me off a little.

No no worries mate :)

Yeah the stripes are exactly the same as when I bought it. I have a receipt from when they were bought and fitted by Renault when the car came out of the Dealers too. It seems that most cars are different really lol.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I'm sure if it's designed for them it will be fine mate.

its the first one I've seen with them going right to the bottom strange, but none the less it's perfect.
I think it's @MarcR that has them?

I could do with getting the stripes replaced at some point to be honest. Slightly stained on the roof, and a few little bits have peeled off. I'll get them sorted at some point.

this car basically just wins RB face-off hands down, stunner :)
Thanks Coops :)

I'll try and find a link. (I got my new eyelet from work).

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Yep, they're the ones I've seen. Do you rate them?

Joe, yeah i rate them and they are very good. I only have one but none the less it is a perfect fit and can be popped into the washing machine at any time.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers mate. I ordered one yesterday, so hopefully it'll be here soon and I can get it fitted.

I got the air filter oiled up today, and put that back on. And smiled like a kid when I took it for a drive. Completely forgot how good it sounded.

Quick iPhone picture

6anyjyve.jpg