ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Joe's Racing Blue Project

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Does this car ever look crap?! Even when it's covered in sh*t it still looks awesome. If I ever got a 182 I'd definitely look at getting a RB with stripes.

Glad it performed well on track :) Herad many good things about the RC5+ pads. Would like to try them myself but I don't think they come in Hi-Spec/Volvo 240 size.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Does this car ever look crap?! Even when it's covered in sh*t it still looks awesome. If I ever got a 182 I'd definitely look at getting a RB with stripes.

Glad it performed well on track :smile: Herad many good things about the RC5+ pads. Would like to try them myself but I don't think they come in Hi-Spec/Volvo 240 size.
It's funny you should say that actually. I have been thinking of removing them, still not sure. Either that or taking them off and re applying new ones. They have started to come apart in places, so something needs to be done.
It's a great colour though RB, although it never comes across as well in photo's imo. Looks a lot better in the flesh.

Cheers, I'm glad a made the move to the RC5+'s. Never had any fade throughout the day, and to be honest the dust didn't seem as bad as DS2500's.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
The RC5's really are good aren't they. So much more confidence under heavy braking now that I might have to change my fluid from ATE to something with a higher boiling point haha.

What I like about them as well is the fact that they don't really need bedding in as such. I found Ferodo's to be quite fussy to bed in properly.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
The RC5's really are good aren't they. So much more confidence under heavy braking now that I might have to change my fluid from ATE to something with a higher boiling point haha.

What I like about them as well is the fact that they don't really need bedding in as such. I found Ferodo's to be quite fussy to bed in properly.
Yeah I agree, that's why I decided to go with the Motul stuff.
I saw your post actually regarding the bedding in prodedure. Just drove around as normal and they feel great now lol!!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I agree, that's why I decided to go with the Motul stuff.
I saw your post actually regarding the bedding in prodedure. Just drove around as normal and they feel great now lol!!

Yeah, they don't transfer material to the disc like normal pads, so just driving it normally for a while is enough. Then warm them up on track first.

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
I had RC5's with some Dot5 fluid. Was an amazing setup, So confident and very very good stopping power. You couldn't rest on the pedal though you had to hit it hard for them to bite..... It caught me out a couple of times.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Well, Tbf I'm making that comment based on AD08s after 7-10 track days but otherwise in good condition.
Also, Trophy used to roll over advers camber.

New changes to fix that though and I'll be back next year.
/hijack

Car looks great Joe!

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Looked like a decent day out at Anglesey Joe. You booked on for Oulton rsport yet?

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Nice work, what did you think of Anglesey? I can't wait to go, everytime I see photos it looks like a great circuit.
It's a great circuit mate, very technical and great views (if it's a clear day) 2nd time I've been there. I'm doing another track day there on the 4th July, that one is GP & Coastal layouts though,
Looked like a decent day out at Anglesey Joe. You booked on for Oulton rsport yet?
It was a good day Paul :) Yep I'm booked on that too. How are you getting on the car? Reckon you'll be doing it?

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Booked it the other day yes mate. Still have a ton of stuff to do mind.

Shell has needed so much prep to ready it for paint and still have the box and engine to rebuild and reassemble it all.

Curtis has appatently sorted strut casings so will now be able to use the ASTs with it. Will be nice to finally get to drive the damn thing! :)

Did you end up installing itbs as i seem to remember you took out the rs192 right?

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Booked it the other day yes mate. Still have a ton of stuff to do mind.

Shell has needed so much prep to ready it for paint and still have the box and engine to rebuild and reassemble it all.

Curtis has appatently sorted strut casings so will now be able to use the ASTs with it. Will be nice to finally get to drive the damn thing! :smile:

Did you end up installing itbs as i seem to remember you took out the rs192 right?
Good man :)

Ah right, I think I remember last time I saw you it needed quite a bit of prep. Good news on the AST's too. You had them on your old car didn't you?

No, never went for itb's mate. RS2 was removed and I got the Recaro's out of Rob's Megane. Haven't looked back since tbh.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Yea tons of work. :( ASTs are the 5300 from the other clio just with bespoke strut casings to suit the laguna hubs.

Youre running ASTs on yours now right? You off to the ring again this year with Rob?

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Yea tons of work. 😧 ASTs are the 5300 from the other clio just with bespoke strut casings to suit the laguna hubs.

Youre running ASTs on yours now right? You off to the ring again this year with Rob?
Yeah I've got sportline 1's, great but of kit. I am mate, going over in October and doing a trackday at Spa at the same time. Can't wait :)

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
What spring rates did you choose.for your ASTs Joe? Spa looks an awesome circuit, you been over before or just the ring?

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
What spring rates did you choose.for your ASTs Joe? Spa looks an awesome circuit, you been over before or just the ring?
400 lb on the fronts, can't remember what the rears are though to be honest. I'll have to check.
It looks great doesn't it, not sure if it's too quick a track for the Clio's . But I'm sure it'll be great fun. No it'll be my first time at Spa dude. We're staying at the ring though, it's just over an hour to Spa, so nothing major :)

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Who did you book spa and the ring through bud? I'm keen on a trip next year.
It's with Circuit Days mate, they seem to do a few trips over there each year. I'm only doing a trackday at Spa though, tourist days on the ring. Really hoping that the GP circuit is open at the same time also.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
R888's have arrived, for a great price too :)

900cdb78fce1cf51d3d75540b7220892.jpg

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Just read this through from the start, your 182 is perfect, definitely my favourite car on here!

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Another small update after another day at Anglesey. I was having quite a few issues with brakes in the morning so decided to remove my front fog lights to allow a little more flow to them. (although they weren't really too hot anyway). Turned out to be some old fluid still in the rears. And with that sorted the car didn't miss a beat all day. There was zero traffic in the afternoon which made for a good couple of sessions. I made a mount for the GoPro, but the videos haven't come out too good. I need to mess about with settings.
18876701818_e332ae90b0_z.jpg
Untitled by Joe Harding, on Flickr

18876486430_2b548a7894_z.jpg

19037977696_dbb3b2b845_z.jpg

19058605612_f0b3108566_z.jpg

18441679704_d9a5ed89be_z.jpg

19064211815_f789469270_z.jpg

19067415611_cce44c626a_z.jpg

19037981906_12fd07102c_z.jpg

19064215375_5ec614fe67_z.jpg

18443538513_caee6e1540_z.jpg

19037985786_6dab4637bb_z.jpg

19067421811_8b52fc5356_z.jpg

Also went for a drive over to to Evo Triangle during last week later on when it was completely dead. What a road..
18308623603_4bd423df72_z.jpg
IMG_7498 by Joe Harding, on Flickr

18306414344_e973a7c835_z.jpg
IMG_7488 by Joe Harding, on Flickr

18902230886_8df34c97fc_z.jpg
Rob's R26 Track Car by Joe Harding, on Flickr

Anglesey looks a great setting. Way too far for me though and I hate bad weather and im sure give its location it has its share! That Megane looks awesome.

Southend in Essex. After my old Twingo's slave cylindet died at bedford I've tried to make it that the tracks are all "limp homeable" lol

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Southend in Essex. After my old Twingo's slave cylindet died at bedford I've tried to make it that the tracks are all "limp homeable" lol
That's quite a distance then lol. I don't blame you, I try and stay localish. Would be a nightmare otherwise.
Love Anglesey, always makes for great pictures with that stunning backdrop.
It's awesome isn't it, quite a distraction at times though haha :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Don't forget our bet joe. £5 it sells by next week :)

Also you have the same surname as my girlfriend, thought you would like to know ha ha.

Glwts