ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Joe's Racing Blue Project

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Re: XxHarDinGxX's Project Racing Blue

I change the engine oil, and gearbox oil today. Both swapped for Fuchs oil. The old filter took a bit of budging to get off, but i managed to get it off in the end. I was also struggling to remove the fuel rail guard with my old socket set too, as it just wouldn't fit in the tight space. So I thought I'd take a trip to Halfords for a new 120 piece set :) Which I'd recommend to anybody really. Lifetime guarantee too.

7616419232_14cc2ae8a2_z.jpg

IMG_3864 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

I also removed the acoustic valve on the car. Nice easy, simple job. I've got a Simota Carbon Air Box that I picked up at FCS, ready to be fitted. But I'd rather wait till it's on the road before fitting. To see if there are any gains/losses to be had.

7616763636_0775078d31_z.jpg

Simota by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member

I did a little bit on the car today and started to get the paintwork up to scratch.

Started off with a hose down to remove any loose dirt. Some DJ Supernatural still going after being applied by the previous owner.

7760131008_94130ceb98_z.jpg

IMG_3905 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

Wheels were also jet washed.

7760123738_96ff196f09_z.jpg

IMG_3902 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

Fk1000p beading nicely on the headlights.

7760149864_2d486068ec_z.jpg

IMG_3910 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

Then time for a snow foam.

7760138124_7db6a077f6_z.jpg

IMG_3906 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

Tyres & Trims were agitated with a Valet Pro Brush.

7760143872_72032fe700_z.jpg

IMG_3909 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

Bilberry wheel cleaner was then applied.

7760155724_851f6a1c8a_z.jpg

IMG_3913 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

The wheels were then rinsed off, but I noticed a small amount of brake dust on the wheels. So they were Iron-X'd and Tardis'd.

Before.

7760161860_0fb12c0042_z.jpg

IMG_3914 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

During.

7760167782_3a6e2b7cd8_z.jpg

IMG_3915 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

After.

7760173916_fbe016444f_z.jpg

IMG_3916 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

I then applied tardis and Iron X do the rest of the car. It was so much nicer doing this on Racing Blue rather than 1.2 as I could actually see the products working. The rear end of the car seemed to be the worse effected.

7760179008_0b1ff25c2f_z.jpg

IMG_3918 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

7760184414_4796b306a3_z.jpg

IMG_3920 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

7760189974_07cd2253e5_z.jpg

IMG_3921 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

7760195466_dbdbc66f72_z.jpg

IMG_3922 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

I also noticed a bit of tar on the doors sills, so that was taken care of.

Before.

7760361606_96c160edc6_z.jpg

IMG_3923 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

After.

7760368104_4ef30d7644_z.jpg

IMG_3924 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

RS Badge removed, ready for the 197 style one to be fitted.

7760387978_b983a26f9e_z.jpg

IMG_3928 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

I then started to correct to paintwork. I got some fantastic results and 50/50's but I really struggled to photograph them :( I'm doing the car a panel at a time. So the bonnet is now finished with Amigo and currently has 2 layers of Zymol Glasur. A few more pictures.

7760394332_b07cd2f2a3_z.jpg

IMG_3935 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

Glasur being applied.

7760408220_4107fb0ee3_z.jpg

IMG_3947 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

Still to be DA'd..

7760401968_36a70da07c_z.jpg

IMG_3941 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

Hopefully I can get the rest of the paintwork corrected tomorrow, ready for next Sunday :)

I've also just ordered X2 Hankook V12's. to replace the Toyo T1R's currently on the front of the car. So I'll then have V12's all round.

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member

Awesome work. Try to get any little things that need to be done now before it's on road like paint any parts etc, such a pain when you have to do all work within a day :)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa

hes got all this úber cleaning gear though.

ive got a bucket and what i assume is a sponge that i found in the garden.. meh. be reet

i will KILL you if you even put that garden sponge anywhere near that R27 :nono:

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member

hes got all this úber cleaning gear though.

ive got a bucket and what i assume is a sponge that i found in the garden.. meh. be reet

i will KILL you if you even put that garden sponge anywhere near that R27 :nono:
LOL :)

I do hope you're joking though Scott:p

Awesome work. Try to get any little things that need to be done now before it's on road like paint any parts etc, such a pain when you have to do all work within a day :)
Thanks mate, that's the plan really. I get the car on the road next Sunday, so hopefully I can get it all finished next Saturday.

I've got quite a few things planned for it.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

Haha :eek:

I almost killed my gfs nan the other day, she tried to open my boot by dragging her thumb from the diamond to the bottom of the boot lid... It's got a bit of dirt on it since its not been washed and she scraped it all down the boot lol. Was mortified haha

LOL :)

I do hope you're joking though Scott:p
Lol, I could be :eek:

Last edited:
  rb182 cup

looks mint joe...our stripes aint the same :) i might meet you at sainsburys when you meet scott...then drive to broxton to meet the others. furthest im gonna go is to the horseshoe pass (if you're stopping there). then i'll head back to the wirral

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member

looks mint joe...our stripes aint the same :) i might meet you at sainsburys when you meet scott...then drive to broxton to meet the others. furthest im gonna go is to the horseshoe pass (if you're stopping there). then i'll head back to the wirral
No problem Lee. It'll be good to have a catch up!

Cool, we're meeting at sainsburys for 9.45. We'll probably stop off at the ponderosa too :)

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member

Not really an update as such, but I've received a few parts that I'd ordered.

X2 Hankook V12's
Genuine cat fitting kit
New plastic screws for the grille.

Roll on Sunday :)

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member

Looks cracking Joe

on a side note I've finally got some autosol for my exhause I took a pic just for you but havent uploaded any yet, feel priveledged haha!

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member

Well then. I've been driving the car for a few days now, and I'm in love with it already. It's just so much nicer to drive than my 1.2. I can't explain it! Anyway, I swapped over the 182 wheels for my f1's, as the 182 tyres were fairly close to the wear bar. So, to be on the safe side of things I swapped them over. The 182 wheels will be going back on when I get the new Hankooks fitted. Which I haven't had time to do yet. The F1's do look great on the car, but I need some coilovers on to pull the wheels of better imo.

I went out to get a few snaps the other night. But I forgot to take my memory card out of my laptop for my DSLR, so only a couple iPhone snaps.

7846107684_3d1a814fa6_z.jpg

IMG_1115 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

7846111372_30a1ed1558_z.jpg

IMG_1116 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
These threads dont help my want for an RB WITH te stripes,.. Looks lovely mate enjoy it!

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member

These threads dont help my want for an RB WITH te stripes,.. Looks lovely mate enjoy it!
Thanks. I don't blame you to be honest;)

good pics for being off an iphone!

give me a shout when your next out :)
Yeah they didn't turn out to bad I suppose. The yozza decided to fire out some pops whilst I was in there actually lol.

Will do :)

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member

Convoy down?

I think I'm the only one from Chester going. I'll put a post up on the FB page now.

Convoy down?

I think I'm the only one from Chester going. I'll put a post up on the FB page now.

I'm not 100% sure what I'm doing yet. Was originally going to be going to Edition38 on the saturday and camping that night at silverstone. However I'm not sure now.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member

I'm not 100% sure what I'm doing yet. Was originally going to be going to Edition38 on the saturday and camping that night at silverstone. However I'm not sure now.
Ah no worries.

I'll put a thread up on the NW section now too. I don't think many people are going at all from up here by the look of things.

you dont f**k about do you jon lol! back from europe and already spoiled for choice with events

Lol, what can I say! There's a BMW show at santa pod I fancy going to mid September too.

I'll probably travel down on the saturday anyway Joe, I've camped for the past 2 years there and has been a good laugh.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
No worries, I'm sure I'll see you there.

Little update. I fitted my Simota before and wow, what a noise. I haven't noticed any difference's yet, but I only went for a quick drive after fitting it. So I'm sure I'll notice some after a bit more driving.

I've also done a pikey oil catch tank that will do until I receive my oil breather filter.

b26e3a97-e256-d587.jpg

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member

I took the car over to Renault to have the bonnet catch swapped over on Saturday, as it was looking pretty bad, and had never been replaced. They also did a health check, and everything came up perfect apart from a slightly warn ball joint. So I'll get that sorted soon.

Then later on I went for a drive out with Knuckles for some pictures. Here's a few of the better ones. But the rest of the photo's are here

7858297180_f83a24a892_z.jpg

IMG_4025 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

7858251968_eff01905ac_z.jpg

IMG_4010 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

7858235738_9e151cb1c7_z.jpg

IMG_4008 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member

I don't have a spare wheel. Because exhaust!;)

They also told me my side lights arnt working. Then I told them that's because the bulbs arn't in :S Idiots lol.