ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JMS RS2 before and after results

Ph1
This thread is a perfect example why its such a waste of money tuning a 172/182 engine

£2.5k spent to get 15-20bhp is simply shocking

You can get an extra 20bhp on some turbo engines by fitting a £5 bleed valve

Wouldn't say it was shocking. Anything without forced induction is always going to cost more vs fewer gains but turbo's arn't the be all and end all. They have their own hurdles, lag, mpg etc etc

Evo 5 RS
ffs, stop comparing turbo engines to NA tuning..

Everyone knows it's a money pit comparison to Jim Bob's 54 plate Cupra R. Nobody gives a flying fcuk! lol Just sick of people comparing the two. If you like cars you'll appreciate both routes

Nobody's asking you to go out and buy anything

/msg mongs

172 cup, Impreza P1
Interesting views from both sides of the fence but I fancy going down the RS2 route myself.

A couple of questions though:

1) has anyone fitted cams yet with it and what were the results?
2) is an open cone filter the best filter that could be used? Would it not benefit from closed or ram filter?
3) are they easy enough to fit DIY?

Cheers for any thoughts and don't want to start the debate of save your money blah blah blah. Lol

172 cup, Impreza P1
Anyone?

Interesting views from both sides of the fence but I fancy going down the RS2 route myself.

A couple of questions though:

1) has anyone fitted cams yet with it and what were the results?
2) is an open cone filter the best filter that could be used? Would it not benefit from closed or ram filter?
3) are they easy enough to fit DIY?

Cheers for any thoughts and don't want to start the debate of save your money blah blah blah. Lol

53 Clio's & counting
1) Yes cams have been fitted, and gained a few bhp and lost a lot of torque from what we seen - bear in mind the inlet was designed for a standard engine - it was not designed for cams.

2) Im sure JMS tried a lot of different filters and found that ot be the best, but might be worth PM'ing the ex members of JMS to find out

3) Yes, iirc - inlets off, new inlet manifold on, then airbox on - bear in mind you need stronger engine mounts

53 Clio's & counting
Exactly Fred, though dont tell the yanks that - some are rocking 50bhp per ltr out of near 3times the cc ;) (as you well know lol)

Lionel Richie
o'really? What's so bulls**t about it?

STANDARD 172/182 engines do 200bhp all day long on throttle bodies! Think about it ;)

Last edited:
  Megane RS 250
1it has v-tec yo

498395686_74bd9674db.jpg

:lolup:

340i
EcoTek valve

3 power resistors in the ECU

K&N cone filter

that should make 200bhp? I've seen loads of 172's on eBay with those mods claiming 200bhp?

220 Trophy
Guess this is taking longer than expected to get 200bhp out of a F4R without ITB's?

202BHP & 175lbft from ITB’s (courtesy of Mr Faulks.) with longer trumpets having removed the slam-panel, ECU1 etc, Ktec/Janspeed Stealth exhaust, de-cat. Etc.

(Next step is cams, injectors, headwork and a re-map, should be good for another 20bhp.)

Guess this is taking longer than expected to get 200bhp out of a F4R without ITB's?

202BHP & 175lbft from ITB’s (courtesy of Mr Faulks.) with longer trumpets having removed the slam-panel, ECU1 etc, Ktec/Janspeed Stealth exhaust, de-cat. Etc.

(Next step is cams, injectors, headwork and a re-map, should be good for another 20bhp.)

Lol, think you missed the point he said there... :rolleyes:

220 Trophy
Lol, think you missed the point he said there... :rolleyes:

No didn’t miss the point at all. I was making a point myself that with all the work I’ve had done I’m only just over the 200bhp mark. And the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] point was what work would be needed for any additional power on top of that.

Don’t be too hasty to criticise. Lol :rolleyes:.

172 cup, Impreza P1
No didn’t miss the point at all. I was making a point myself that with all the work I’ve had done I’m only just over the 200bhp mark. And the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] point was what work would be needed for any additional power on top of that.

Don’t be too hasty to criticise. Lol [COLOR=#22
2222]
:rolleyes:.[/COLOR]

There are quite a few with reaching the magic 200 from itb's but the point was made back in July that 200bhp was possible without them but no news since.

Anyone know what the most anyone's got from a N/A F4R engine in any form?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

Its been done, fairly recently in fact, involved a certain Chertsey based tuning company, an RS2 extra & some C&B cams. 201bhp at SRR iirc. Was running the map for the normal RS2, so would possibly have done more with a few mapping tweaks.

Not all the development work was put on the forumz yo ;)

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Its been done, fairly recently in fact, involved a certain Chertsey based tuning company, an RS2 extra & some C&B cams. 201bhp at SRR iirc. Was running the map for the normal RS2, so would possibly have done more with a few mapping tweaks.

Not all the development work was put on the forumz yo ;)

Indeed but the engine in that car really wasn't normal. It was some sort of Friday afternoon pick and mix parts abomination.....wider intake ports on the head, the possibility that it had the mythical Group N cam timing trickery done on it...and thats before James decided to throw every shiny performance part in the workshop at it.