ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JMS 182 Racecar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you do anything to it over Christmas Tom?

Not on the car mate, too much snow and other work to take care of.

Looking good Tom. Be interesting to see how it turns out and how competitive the car is once on track!

Just wondering, how are you going to get a heated windscreen - nick it from a Ford or something?

Nope, you can get them in clio fitment, straight forward fit.

We'll see about the racing, get a reliable season under our belts first - primarily excited about the prospect of racing - I have wanted to do it for a LONG time!

good to have a list, love the colours, as i designer i look forward to see where you will go with the graphics
Caged rollcage to?

Yes, caged cage, much like your own.

Colour scheme is pretty simple and clean; blue wheels and mirrors to match with JMS logos, black lights and then a variety of supplier logos along the sills etc, oh and the mandatory novice sticker ;)

I've got a decent Ai file as a layout for the car, so I'm going to have some play with some designs when I get a chance.

Last edited:
  Saab 93 Aero Wagon
The snow was a pain in the rear!
You mentioned earlier some experimental internal changes to the RS2 kit. What you done, or is it a secret?

Top secret im afraid. We had planned on stealing James' Meggy turbo once his back was turned but to deprive Mr Stone of his BOOOOOOST would be like telling Sir_Dave he can only buy one car a year.......i.e nigh on impossible.

;)

Black 172 PH2
Top secret im afraid. We had planned on stealing James' Meggy turbo once his back was turned but to deprive Mr Stone of his BOOOOOOST would be like telling Sir_Dave he can only buy one car a year.......i.e nigh on impossible.

;)
Well as its a secret ill await until you guys are good and ready to spill the beans.
You couldn't deprive James of his BOOOOOST when he has only just got it lol. :cool:

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Yes, caged cage, much like your own.
Colour scheme is pretty simple and clean; blue wheels and mirrors to match with JMS logos, black lights and then a variety of supplier logos along the sills etc, oh and the mandatory novice sticker ;)
I've got a decent Ai file as a layout for the car, so I'm going to have some play with some designs when I get a chance.

sounds spot on chap
look forward to seeing how this progresses.

Sum total of swfa achieved on the car last week, ordered some more bits and pieces and started looking at some management options as I am considering going non OEM for future proofing reasons.

Managed to find 10mins to pop headlight blanks on (even though one of the series I am looking at racing have re-introduced headlights - doh)

Looks suitably means I think you'll agree:

33.JPG

330i. E30 Touring.
Saw them kicking about in the workshop the other night.

Look awesome on it.

Also, PMSL at TeamDwarf.

Cro

Meg'd r27
Love that, if that came flying round a hairpin after me i'd probably just stick on the indicators tbh :) Reminds of me clarksons renault lorry!

182cup & 172 racecar
Tom,you will need to check the Blue Book for that sunstrp,can only cover a certain percentage of the screen.

And yes,headlights are a pain.

172 Race Car
They did update the regulation last year i think due to the shape of widscreens on some modern cars.

Having a set measurement is not a one size fits all solution. Ive seen a picture im sure of it

1. Next 1-2 months - Build car, sort ARDs.
2. Mid March ownwards - Get the car out on track on a fortnightly basis, find its problems, sort problems.
3. July onwards - if possible find a single entry race or two and cut our teeth.
4. 2012 - Compete in a championship.

Looking for 182
Your car is looking awesome Tom, good luck with the rest of the work you have planned :)

I'd love to do something like this (not myself obviously as the car would probably catch fire as soon as I touched it). Maybe when I win the lottery I'll have a Clio track car :)

Status
Not open for further replies.