ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jake's Titanium 182 - Soon to be Caged

RB197
I've got a thread on clio discussion 'my car'. A few people have already been on it, but I thought the clio will get more attention if I start another one on projects page! From now on every little thing I do to the car I'll be uploading onto this thread.

Here's how the car looked when I first brought it home.

u4e5a8uv.jpg

Then I gave it a clean, and got some black side bullets.

redyzeby.jpg

3ure9e9a.jpg

Ordered some Turini wheels, while I was waiting for them. Thought I'd take the carpet under the bonnet off and polish it up. Took the silly grill covers off as well.

u3a9u4yz.jpg

pe3y3a7y.jpg

avuzy7up.jpg

bybuvana.jpg

ry9ujunu.jpg

Debadged the rear, and got the RS badge.

4u2yjete.jpg

ve3e8e2u.jpg

2e9ytapu.jpg

Here's the car with the Turini wheels on! Got some budget tyres for the time being as the ones it came with were completely gone!
I also got a 3/4 plate and silvervision bulbs, front.

6a4ynehe.jpg

dury3u8u.jpg

pyrapupy.jpg

Cooksports. Emailed them about 3 times asking when they were getting them, didn't get one reply. So after some waiting they finally come up, so ordered them and got them fitted a week later.

ymerydyb.jpg

eqajamyv.jpg

Used this stack last week.

u9a8e5yn.jpg

uhe4u4un.jpg

And today the sun was out! Gave the clio a clean.

2 months on and this is how it's looking, very pleased.

y8uju2ep.jpg

ajadyjyg.jpg

6yhaguvu.jpg

5uzy5a2y.jpg

ubu3atyr.jpg

Next I want to concentrate on my engine bay.
Comments always welcome, thanks.

Jake

RB197
Re: Titanium Clio182

Sitting here bored as ever so I might as well update;

20th December last year I unfortunately went into the back of someone which left the car on the drive like this

ytaty8ep.jpg

Luckily it was only minor. Fell completely out of love with the car and was so close to selling it.

Brought all the parts needed off here got them sprayed up and not long after the car was back and I was loving it.

e2ezeqa8.jpg

I brought a bunch of stuff for the car.
Whiteline RARB
M1144 front pads
HC front discs
Superblue brake fluid
Braided brake lines
15mm rear spacers
Wind deflectors
Deep dish wheel off eBay
ITG air filter

tahenyqe.jpg

RB197

Got few of the parts fitted. Still got the odd parts to do..

Ordered up some yokohama SDrives around April along with the belts and 12k service by James Stone.

evegynut.jpg

Was impressed with the SDrives and how the car was sitting at the time.

3uqeramu.jpg

ege3a7at.jpg

a5uraquz.jpg

ezete4eg.jpg

umeqy3u9.jpg

8ugytazy.jpg

So my birthday had just gone end of May and the girlfriend had booked me FCS with the 2 hour track session in the morning. Had such a good day and I definitely caught the track bug. The show however wasn't for me, so track days it is.
I got home and ordered a set of OZF1 wheels from someone on here.

yhejaqez.jpg

Phoned a few places for a refurb, but they were far too expensive so I decided to do the refurb myself which left them looking like this

usatebys.jpg

edenybed.jpg

I was happy with the outcome, payday was just a week away and couldn't wait to order up a set of rubber for them (by this time I had booked renault sport day at bedford)

2a3eqese.jpg

je4eze9u.jpg

vu2are4y.jpg

Decided to go for the federal RSR as the SDrives weren't amazing. Straight away the RSR's felt amazing and I was happy with how the car was sitting

Day before bedford I had topped up the oil, coolant and fitted a rear strut brace. The strut brace done absolutely nothing but I cannot be bothered to take it off. (My excuse is ill wait till I get some coilovers).

dy6equ4y.jpg

Besides the awful standard brakes, the car brilliant and handled so much better than it did at Castle combe (FCS)

tu4ususy.jpg

Unfortunately, on the way back to the hotel the front left wheel had locked up going along the bypass. Luckily it wasn't busy. I got out and the wheel had bent in towards the car, 3 bolts snapped and 1 bent just about holding it on. Rather embarrassingly a few of the other cliosport members that were at the track had drove past. My first thoughts were the garage hadn't tightened the bolts properly, but a member on here had told me I should've checked the bolts at the track as they become loose.

ygesazu6.jpg

My thoughts were the hub! But the garage said the hubs fine and got me back on the road and I managed to drive the car back to the hotel, however the next morning on the way home the steering wheel was shaking like mad! I decided to pull straight over and ring the AA.

zy5ybe8e.jpg

Not the best of places to pull over but I'd rather pull over there then carry on and the wheel lock up again. Anyway, 6 hours and one moody missus later we were home! Car is sat on the drive way now, F1 wheel has been brought from a member on here, will refurb it and get it on the car ASAP.

Had a lot of plans for the car after seeing some of the ones at bedford. Saftey devices, buckets, etc.. now I'm thinking get the wheel sorted and eventually get the pads and fluid on, do a few more track days and get a megane r26 or CTR FN2. I will see where the 182 takes me.

Had an amazing time at bedford, it was such a good track with some good/friendly drivers

RB197

Some photos from the Renault sport day at bedford.

e6enytyj.jpg

y3e8y6y7.jpg

aru2yhab.jpg

zu5ujume.jpg

I've also got the new ozf1 wheel sprayed up, going to get the tyres changed tomorrow then refit it to the car.

Comments/advice welcome

RB197

Small update:

e5yne8a3.jpg

Plans before 2015;
PMS stud kit
15/20mm front spacers
Lower front seats
Set alignment/camber

Some camber bolts turned up the other day, want to get the car booked in at J-Tech for the alignment. Should all be done by the end of next week

Popped round CUB's today, he gave me a hand fitting the Brembo HC discs and mintex M1144 pads. Only took a couple of hours, all round nice guy and the flamer was amazing. Loved it. Brakes feel a lot better to, will do a couple more track days then bleed the superblue in.

Not much I've got planned for the car, now I've done the most important bits (brakes, tyres etc) before I go spending mega bucks on mods, I want to do a few more track days so I can save a bit of money and improve my driving on track. I'll be booking Castle Combe or Snetterton for the 22nd September.

Got a nice drive tomorrow with some other members on here down in donnington so pretty much just down the road from me, nothing more I enjoy than early morning back roads and track days. So really looking forward to this! Will also be nice to get the car out on a nice run and meet a few new faces

Plans for early 2015;
Saftey devices
Bucket seats
PMS strut brace kit and gear linkage
Coilovers (b14,h&r,kw) Undecided but probably b14's
Another set of F1's with R888/A048 for track days
light engine mods (matched inlets, induction kit, rs tuner)
And hopefully a trip to nurburgring/Swiss roads
CUB Again, thanks for your time and effort bud. Much appreciated

RB197

Small update;

Brought a jack from halfords yesterday, jacked the car up and took the drivers seat out to remove the mounts to make it a little lower. Wasn't to hard just didn't have time to do the passengers yesterday

enyte3aj.jpg

2adesypy.jpg

You can see how much lower the drivers seat is compared to the passengers. I'm pretty happy with the seating position now. This morning I got round to doing the passengers side, both sides were a complete mess so I got Henry out and some interior shampoo and cleaned it up a bit

peze7anu.jpg

a6yqa8u9.jpg

guje9ygu.jpg

No pictures but the exhuasts weren't straight so I cable tied them up, sitting perfectly now besides the melted exhuast trims

Got some H&R 15mm huncentric spacers on order, should be here next week. I've also ordered the PMS stud kit and hopefully get the spacers and stud kit fitted next week along with the camber/alignment at J-Tech. I've also booked Donnington evening for the 29th August, looking forward to it

Titanium 182

Getting better with each post! Do you intend on keeping the bullets black? Just my opinion but I feel like they don't belong on the car at the moment even with the black alloys. Looking good either way though

Titanium 182

@JakeyCUK Thanks mate. No they'll be coming off once I can be bothered to put the standard ones on lol
lol well I have seen them look quite good before on titanium's but I think you need some more darker items on the car to pull it off! Keep up the good work though

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

Only just seen this mate, you tagged me without the full stop ;) I.e. @Cub. not @CUB - don't know who the other CUB is lol!

Great little car this, coming along nicely and some good mods planned for it. Hopefully we'll get to do a trackday at some point!

PS. I have an RStuner so I'm happy to put a map on it if you pay for the map / license :)

Last edited:
  RB197

Thanks Cub. Yes mate, as I said I've got donnington at the end of the month, want to go Wales next month as the factory has a week shut down. Then let me know if you've booked a track day and I'll join you ☺

RB197

I thought I'd put the camber bolts in myself as I'm running low on money this month. Wasn't to hard, I set them at around just over -1 negative.

nytuqeny.jpg

My poor wheels

yja7a6yh.jpg

Haven't gone and had the alignment done yet but I'll be doing that tomorrow at my local Formula One Autocentre. I'll ask them to set the camber to negative -2.5 and 10 mins toe out. Should hopefully feel the difference tomorrow.

ta7ujusy.jpg

y2ytabah.jpg

5eme9yny.jpg

I've also sprayed up a spare set of side bullets I found with some metallic alloy paint lol! They came out pretty well tbh

ypytaba7.jpg

So plans now are to get the alignment/camber sorted front -2.5 10mins toe out and rear just the standard . At the end of the month I'm hopefully going to go for a set of the bimarco futura seats or the experts. Recently I feel like I'm the stig in a tractor (6.4 110kg)

2u2emubu.jpg

Then in September a suspension refresh with some bilstein B14 ☺

Coming along nicely mate, shame about the wheel bolts coming lose, however that's not the first time i have seen that and prob wont be the last either. Always check wheel bolts before and after every session, esp when wheels have cooled down, same goes for tyre pressures when heading home after a track day.

RB197

Coming along nicely mate, shame about the wheel bolts coming lose, however that's not the first time i have seen that and prob wont be the last either. Always check wheel bolts before and after every session, esp when wheels have cooled down, same goes for tyre pressures when heading home after a track day.
Thanks mate, yeah it knocked my confidence down a bit. I'll definitely be checking them more often at the track! I still need to play around with the tyre pressure as well

Mate, I'v seen it happen to experienced drivers as well, things happen. Another cause of bolts working loose can be brake judder (causing vibration) and debris on the mating faces of the hub and inside of wheel mating surface, so always check those too when putting wheels on (even a road car esp a spare wheel) as this causes a wobble/vibration and again causes bolts to work loose.

Titanium 182 FF

Looking good mate. I've fallen out of love with my titanium a bit, but this has motivated me to get it sorted!

RB197

Alignment update-

ugu9ana2.jpg

u4e2y9ub.jpg

Can see the size side bullets in those pictures above, look alot better imo ☺

Went to a garage about 15 minutes away today for them to set the camber up and do the alignment, pretty friendly garage. I asked for around 2.3/5 negative camber at the front with 10 mins toe out and just the standard for the rear

teqadahu.jpg

Pretty pleased with the results for the front. Besides the rear, especially the passengers side not sure what's going on there.. Anyone?

Also gave the car a nice detail on Sunday, using some pretty good autofinesse products! Some beading for ya'l

tajyje5u.jpg

And these have arrived today ☺ (the H&R spacers are waiting for me at my local post office, will pick them up tomorrow as I'll be fitting the stud kit and spacers Saturday)

ura3a3ep.jpg

Happy days ☺

Its not unusual for the rears to point in different directions. My rear right is 0.5 toe in and rear left is 2mm toe out.. Need to get some shims in there... The rear beam does flex and sometimes not even straight when leaving the factory. In some cases the stub axles can be slightly off too if knocked.

RB197

Its not unusual for the rears to point in different directions. My rear right is 0.5 toe in and rear left is 2mm toe out.. Need to get some shims in there... The rear beam does flex and sometimes not even straight when leaving the factory. In some cases the stub axles can be slightly off too if knocked.
Ok cheers mate! Yeah might order up some -1 neg shims soon! Yeah i can't wait to get it out on track with the new set up and brakes ☺ doing an evening at donnington on the 29th

RB197

Good day today -

On mornings this week, finish at half 1 so got round to fitting the PMS stud kit and the H&R spacers.

berema4a.jpg

7e9eduta.jpg

Cleaned the thread holes out as well as I could with some brake cleaner as well as the short end of the studs

agy6ezep.jpg

hujamuza.jpg

tybahe4e.jpg

Since the wheels were off the car and whilst I had to wait for the loctite I thought I'd give them a quick clean and cleaned the arches out (quickly)

gydaty3u.jpg

e5aqasa5.jpg

hama2yse.jpg

Waiting time over I put the wheels back on (sooo much easier!) torqued them up and went for a quick drive

e3uheqa4.jpg

9yda6y6e.jpg

te8a8u5a.jpg

natabebe.jpg

bynu7ehy.jpg

Running 15mm spacers all round and it's a great set up! With the camber and aligment I had done the other day the car feels great! Wheels stayed on so that's also a good thing.

I'd like some bucket seats, coilovers and another set of wheels with some track tyres by the end of the year. Can't wait to get the car out on track at donnington on the 29th, really looking forward to it ☺

RB197

Cub. Didn't see the RS tuner part in your last post! How much is the map/ license for it? I did want to put an RS tuner on it at some point as I cannot drive it when cold, lol!

Ignore that, just checked on the fastchip website. Will get the license at the end of the month if you fancy putting it on bud?

Last edited: