ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I've bought another van.

Tucked the sports-van up for winter a month or so back:

IMAG0050_zps882ee20f.jpg

This was only possible because i bought myself an actual ice cream van as a winter chariot:

DSC00577_zps25f52eaa.jpg

DSC00573_zps14138855.jpg

DSC00574_zpscbfde039.jpg

DSC00575_zpsabef90f6.jpg

DSC00578_zps7f52e61f.jpg

Its completely brilliant to be honest. It is literally just quick enough to be perfect for its role as a fun commuter. 1 lady owner from new, 56k miles, full service history with the cambelt just done and it does 40mpg on my 5 mile stop start route to work.

Couldnt help myself with buying bits for it instantly, so it already has a magnetti marelli group n center section, a gsr induction kit (with a new filter as the original looked ruined), some diadem indicators and whiter philips headlamps and a decent bluetooth stereo as the factory bluetooth it comes with quickly proved itself useless.

Toying with the idea of spacers all round but i know what road that will lead me down and i need to keep reminding myself it is just a winter bus that lets me sort a few things out on the Z.

As I've already said, i'm chuffed to bits with it, probably not going to want to sell it come the summer even though that's currently the plan.

Tom

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Quality! Still don't think I could own a panda though! It's a cool one. Oh and your Z is superb

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Brilliant little cars, I miss our old one. I know what you mean about the bluetooth stereo though, was probably the worst one I've used.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Obviously i'm missing something, why are either of these vans?

The Z3M is commonly known as the 'Breadvan'. It's one of very few BM's that I'd actually like to own (the others being an E30 M3 and a 2002 Turbo)

The Panda just looks like Postman Pat's van.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Love these. Almost bought one. That interior though, its just so awful haha!

Pop and crackle with the centre pipe in?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Why have you tucked the M away just as the weather is getting better? lol

banther

ClioSport Club Member
^^^
My thoughts exctly!!

Almost spring now!

I was trying to get the missus to buy one of the 110HP Pandas. Seem good value - cant get a decent one for less than 3k!

Whats insurance like? Is it gutsy enough?

The car cover is more out of hope than anything.

The one year i do things properly and actually buy a winter car and i haven't seen one drop of snow FFS! To be fair the bimmer has been under there since Jan when it has obviously been less pleasant, I just didnt take any pictures until now.

Straight through center pipe is really not all that loud. The sound proofing from the back of the car must be amazing because i can still barely hear it. Saying that, road noise from the front is deafening. Keep thinking about buying a ragazzon back box for it but again its £200 I should be using on the M rather than the panda. We'll see.

It is by no means a fast car, but it does that clever thing of feeling quick. Its got a 6 speed box with reasonably short gearing so your never really caught out in the wrong gear with no guts unless your in 5th or 6th on a big hill. Using sport mode means you get all the throttle travel in the first 15% of the pedal so it always feels like its going like hell. Perfectly reasonable around town and it has coped fine on a couple of motorway journeys its done.

To anyone considering one - be warned, take a test drive, they are NOT a smooth ride. IMO it is hugely over-sprung and massively under damped. It sort of bounces down the road at low speed but it does add to the character massively.

It is silly cheap on insurance. £240 fully comp for the year.

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
I love the panda's, I go out in my friends all the time, brilliant buy!

Will you be selling it on when you put the beemer back on the road or keeping it?

Plan is to sell it but I can see myself not wanting to let it go.

The M is basically my 321bhp moving house deposit so the right move might be to sell that and keep the panda if the time is right.