ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

is this worth repairing or is it a new bumper?

hi all, i hit a bunny the other night and it did some nice damage to my bumper and snapped my splitter, i already have another splitter on its way to me but i was wondering what you guys think about the damage? is it worth me paying for t to be repaired (if it can be) or getting another bumper? i'm wanting a pretty decent job doing. if i have to get another bumper i may just buy another colour bumper (finding a black gold bumper is a pain) and get it sprayed to match and get my bonnet done at the same time to get rid of stone chips but of course that will depend on costs too. any way here's some pics:

B346C182-62BF-4922-B12E-D9019E05CB58_zpsxnrgoocy.jpg

1FCF8EB2-52C1-454D-9EC2-5D6066015ABA_zpscfcodv6e.jpg

903D94D7-5666-4428-9725-4A0B1ACD2241_zpsmo8de5cd.jpg

the bumper has been snapped but no plastic is missing

thanks

just to add, the bumper has all been snapped in the sections shown above but it can be all pulled back together and all you can see is little tiny cracks where it has all broken, so i'm guessing if the bumper got reinforced at the back of the cracks with something along the lines of fibre glass and then the cracks filled at the front and then all sanded down to be level it would be a decent/the best fix for it? obviously i would then need to get it sprayed by a professional probably along with my bonnet.

thanks

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
From the pictures you've shown any competent bodyshop should be able to repair that. It's not that bad.

Agreed definately repairable, but i wouldnt bother, personally id get a cheap used one & have it repainted, then fit it yourself. Or just a used BG one if you can find one, depends body work wise how fussy you are.

From the pictures you've shown any competent bodyshop should be able to repair that. It's not that bad.

Agreed definately repairable, but i wouldnt bother, personally id get a cheap used one & have it repainted, then fit it yourself. Or just a used BG one if you can find one, depends body work wise how fussy you are.

thanks, i am wanting it too look pretty much like you would never tell it was broken really.

i'll go around some body shops when i get time and get some prices for repairing and doing my bumper and bonnet. if the repair is going to cost alot then i may aswell get a second hand bumper and have that resprayed like you said shameless.

thanks again