ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this chap on here? Integra dc2

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
€1800 is really not that bad for hitting the Armco and getting towed off the track.
And what happens when the next person crashes into it and it still looks reet, and then the next person goes straight through and hits a tree? Better safe than sorry. Small price to pay to keep everything going over there too.

Exactly, they don't want any Allan Simonsen-esque crashes.

Hope Danny is back on track soon, as others do - I enjoy his exploits! He's certainly saved a few slippery high speed moments at Cadwell that I remember.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
For those that don't have Instagram. He got home, got the trailer, straight back to Germany and picked it up.

image.png

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Saw this on Instagram, quite surprised at how cheap the Armco was. Usually a lot more than that.

Car was held well when it let go, good control of the car and good awareness not to hit anything else when it did.

Could have happened to anyone.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Just seen on Dans FB that the production company for The Grand Tour have contacted him asking if they can use his crash video on the show.
The crash isn't looking like such a bad thing now!

Fiesta ST3
^^^^^ whoa! would be fairly epic if they used it tbf!:up: I felt really sorry for him, crashing is shite never mind in a different country ect ect

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Lol thanks for the replies guys. Car is back home now as above. Got away lucky with the crash I think, the suspension turrets etc are all straight, just the front of the chassis leg is mangled and bent. Considering having a detachable tubular front end from the turrets forward. Should save a bit of weight and also look damn cool. The cost wont be much more than having the legs jigged etc anyway. We'll see what happens yet.

Yeah TGT emailed me asking to use one of my clips, not sure what for yet though, it could just be for their own promotion on Vimeo or something that no one will ever see (Like those holiday videos @Jason_E does). Hopefully I make an appearance in the main show but who knows.

Regarding the cause of the crash crash, I don't know how anyone can argue against mechanical failure. You can hear what sounds like one of the straps break away the corner before the crash, then I presume the other let go as I was going around the fateful corner. The reason for mechanical failure is no doubt an oversight on my behalf. Those who keep up with the car will know it's on the ramps a lot, I've just never really thought to check. I did change the fuel tank 3 years ago but didn't notice any corrosion etc whilst I was there.

It was kinda annoying having people suggest lift-off-oversteer, or oil on the track etc. There's still comments daily telling me that the Megane must have clipped me or that my tyre must have punctured. The internet truly is marvellous at diagnosing the cause of accidents, but that's one of the negatives you get with sharing the story along the way.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Been spending my evenings watching these Vlogs thanks to this thread, and now for some reason I really want something with a K20 engine. (Not in a Honda though)

Surprised me how good to watch they are considering how boring you'd imagine them to be.

I'd love a K20 Elise... There was one at Croft on Sunday in the Javelin Sprint Series. It got off the line ridiculously well and was winning its class when I left.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Lol this guy got a lot of hate on here a few years back iirc, sure he posted a video of him racing on a dual carriageway with his missus in the car or something along those lines..

Looks like a good driver anyway remember seeing some of his ring laps a while back and he was giving it the beans. That rear end snapped round bloody quick in his accident. As mentioned bound to have accident when you drive that hard especially at the nurburgring.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Looks like a great driver imo. Think he was the chap with the obscene in noise exhaust. I like his blogs, which for me says a lot as most others are garbage

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Just watched your latest Vlog yesteday. Props to your mate for driving there and back, surprised he didn't have match sticks holding his eyes open like Mr Bean!

MR_BEAN_MATCHSTICKS.png

Last edited:
  Suzuki Jimny
Just watched the one where you picked up the car, then the one where the marshal refused to let the civic on track because of the wing, then the gearbox broke, then the 306 lost a caliper.
Your 'ring trips are way too stressful!

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
I'd have an EP3 as a track car any day.

So tuneable with engine mods, suspension, there's loads of parts around for them.

Expensive to tune and fix though compared to a Clio, i had a very high spec ep3 with 260hp and while it was bloody fast the extra size, weight and s**t steering lock was always an annoyance coming from 172's. I would have another again as the K20 motor is a beaut and the whole drive train takes a beating, reliable slags but i think a 172 with a diff and 200hp would be just as much fun round a track if not more.

197 clio cup
Hi I have the opportunity to get hold of a gen5 civic 1.4 that I think is in great shape (day that I have not seen it for a while) . Just wondering if it is actually worth anything.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk