ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is there a jc5 gearbox ratio list/ graph anywhere ?

I have a phase 1 Clio 172 that now needs a gearbox so I wish for a taller or longer ratio box in general but not sure where to look ect for info

Anyone have recommend places to look for charts or even what other renault to look at nicking a box out of :)

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
try a google search, i found a PDF online before with all gear ratios for jb3 and jc5's

big boost cup
On the speedo just over 150. With more revs left to go I would love to hit the limiter and find out what the actual box will do top end. It's hopefully going to get the vag box at some point so I presume I shall be going quicker top end

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
lol the thought isnt bad but when you see that money leave your bank account you do die a little inside!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
yeah, althoughy i think scoff is looking at doing a drive in drive out conversion, no idea on price but i should imagine him doing it for roughly the same price

the flywheel costs £450 by itself, buy a box, clutch, adaptor plate, custom mounts, driveshafts, clutch master cylinder and resevoir all adds up.

ive spent £750 so far and i have the adaptor plate, engine mount, flywheel, clutch and master cylinder.

resevoir is only £10 but driveshafts will be a pretty penny and i had the box for free so its not cheap

SQ5
On the speedo just over 150. With more revs left to go I would love to hit the limiter and find out what the actual box will do top end. It's hopefully going to get the vag box at some point so I presume I shall be going quicker top end

I hit 160 :O

Friend was doing 155 in his Evo and I came past! Felt stable!

I don't currently have a working speedo at the moment, I do 5000 to 6000 rpm in 5th driving to work which kills fuel and I do 400 miles a week at the min too

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I don't currently have a working speedo at the moment, I do 5000 to 6000 rpm in 5th driving to work which kills fuel and I do 400 miles a week at the min too

so your doing 100ish mph for 400ish miles a week... theres your fuel problem

Ps top speed and driving very fast it what my impreza is for

The idea is I rebuild a this current box in time with just a longer 5th when I learn more options for it but need the ad as daily runner is more important

I'm more thinking longer 5th gear and sit at 3800 to 4300 and save fuel, thinking of saving the trees and antarctic blah blah

4k I'm my impress is just over 100mph and works well on motorways though crap playing

I'm happy with the speed I'm doing vs time traveled, i could reduce the speed to 3500 and part throttle and have 45mpg with closed loop but I like leave later for work Nd get home in time for dinner

Not on English roads obv as that is not legal but when I drive through parts of Germany ect when I drive to Maastricht and kellberg and adenau oh and nurburg

Now, a box code is More is use than legal advice for me as I have a 172 with a fucked box and already have a member of family who is a magistrate lol

Not everyday Just enough to think of this option, I don't know the speed I'm currently doing as my speedo does not work but I'm going with the flow of traffic to gauge a fair assumption of speed, when the new bixgoes in and I have a speedo it's clear I won't break the law but I need a gearbox code to do that hence the point of my post, not willy waving about breaking the law, I'm 32 years old not 19 and thought this site would be a good reference for clio advice, wonder in the law forums could give me car advice and a gearbox code when I ask for legal help perhaps ???

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Not everyday Just enough to think of this option, I don't know the speed I'm currently doing as my speedo does not work but I'm going with the flow of traffic to gauge a fair assumption of speed, when the new bixgoes in and I have a speedo it's clear I won't break the law but I need a gearbox code to do that hence the point of my post, not willy waving about breaking the law, I'm 32 years old not 19 and thought this site would be a good reference for clio advice, wonder in the law forums could give me car advice and a gearbox code when I ask for legal help perhaps ???

lol i dont care if you speed, but its affecting your economy... the diffrences in gearbox codes and 5th gear ratios are going to be negligable anyway if your traveling at that speed evrywhere.
jc5-128 is afaik one of the longer ratioed boxes off a clio diesel

When I changed my box on the impress to a lOnger box I noticed straight away the difference in fuel economy but that box was stupid high for the wheels and diff that you can't do 4th round town so sort of hoping the a little extra might help even if it shuts the car up as my exhaust is drony when it's over 4krpm( notice I don't mention what gear or if it's past old people's homes near schools at 15:30 or if I'm driving through foxhole at the ring or even playing a character in grand theft auto and car jacking a Clio 172 of some pimp then off to murder a hoe )

big boost cup
Yeah this was around that distance if not a bit more but yours was proper stripped out. Vag box and 50 hp of gas should sory it out

ClioSport 172 Cup
You guys on here getting 150-160mph from the 172, how is that possible? I`ve had close to 140 tops from my 172 cup and thats getting to the red in 5th...