ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is it normal for a Clio to Catch Fire in a Crash, Insurance problem

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
In his other post he is saying that it was an old car that caused him to work on it at the weekends on the drive in the rain.

Guess it wasn't that good then or his not very good at telling lies.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
In his other post he is saying that it was an old car that caused him to work on it at the weekends on the drive in the rain.

Guess it wasn't that good then or his not very good at telling lies.

End of May he did his own oil change on it, and had a tapping noise:
www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?699414-Tapping

In may though he is now saying he also had it fully serviced with dehpasor etc now he is saying, but no mention of that on here despite how he talks about everything else so much, so seems weird he didnt mention the service?

Sadly Im starting to think that this guy is just living in a fantasy world and this crash didnt even happen TBH.

Weird that with a car catching fire and a head on etc that I cant find any news report about it, that sounds dramatic enough to at least make the local papers?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Nail on head Chip, now the op sounds quite smart. Me on the other hand am far from a geek, but I have every picture of my car backed up on Google and Photo bucket.

I can't belive that his lost everything.
Oh had a head on almost burnt to death but is back at work...lol

Nail on head Chip, now the op sounds quite smart. Me on the other hand am far from a geek, but I have every picture of my car backed up on Google and Photo bucket.

I can't belive that his lost everything.
Oh had a head on almost burnt to death but is back at work...lol

but he is freelance , he did state that a while ago , so possibly you would be back to work asap

Fiesta ST2 MP215
End of May he did his own oil change on it, and had a tapping noise:
www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?699414-Tapping

In may though he is now saying he also had it fully serviced with dehpasor etc now he is saying, but no mention of that on here despite how he talks about everything else so much, so seems weird he didnt mention the service?

Sadly Im starting to think that this guy is just living in a fantasy world and this crash didnt even happen TBH.

Weird that with a car catching fire and a head on etc that I cant find any news report about it, that sounds dramatic enough to at least make the local papers?

The taping noise was before and after the service, it turned out one of the manifold bolts came loose, and not many journalists are out at 230AM in the middle of surrey in the pissing rain I think.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Well then can you not get them to give you something on headed note paper about what a tidy example it was etc?

In May it was just a regular 182 and completely standard, I posted the advert when I joined in April and you all saw that as it was sold as a Cup but wasn't, since June - July was when i put more bits onto it, had the bumpers, skirts repainted, recaros from West Drayton Salvage were end of June.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ok mate, will take you at face value then.

Get some pics of the car now, it will make a change when someone mentions fire to seeing this one all the time:

cliofire.jpg

The taping noise was before and after the service, it turned out one of the manifold bolts came loose, and not many journalists are out at 230AM in the middle of surrey in the pissing rain I think.

to be fair the local rag will call the police daily and get accident reports if the police attend they usually give a report to the paper especially if there is injury.

Another one of my many (real) friends is a journalist so i know this to be true

Fiesta ST2 MP215
but he is freelance , he did state that a while ago , so possibly you would be back to work asap

My Main job isn't freelance, my consultancy work in my spare time / weekend is, reason I came back to work is I'm leaving for another job next week and have a lot to do and hand over, I'm on holiday from 06-10/11 and starting new job on the 11th, don't have a great deal of time to get anything done and tbh it won't all get done.

MR2 Mk1.5
Fault/Non-fault aside, neither set of insurers will want to pay out more than the vehicle is worth.

If the vehicle is worth the £3500 then proceed with providing evidence to support this or ask your insurers to fight your corner.

If the vehicle is not worth the £3500 then you may be fighting a losing battle.

Clio Cup
Someone Crashes into you - You claim off their insurance - Remains of phone and glasses should be in the car - though why anyone has 3 sets of sun glasses at all let alone in their car is beyond me , maybe im not one of the cool kids

I know when cars go up they go up and dont take long to take hold

As for the value of the car - As has been said , tell "HIS" insurance company to s**t off - TO REPLACE YOUR CAR WITH A VEHICLE TO SIMILAR STANDARD IT WILL COST X

i have proof of the condition of my vehicles substantiated with pics , purchase price , and here are similar vehicles in the market.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Flol at the convenience of losing all the pictures you had! Oh dear mate!

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Someone Crashes into you - You claim off their insurance - Remains of phone and glasses should be in the car - though why anyone has 3 sets of sun glasses at all let alone in their car is beyond me , maybe im not one of the cool kids

As for the value of the car - As has been said , tell "HIS" insurance company to s**t off - TO REPLACE YOUR CAR WITH A VEHICLE TO SIMILAR STANDARD IT WILL COST X

i have proof of the condition of my vehicles substantiated with pics , purchase price , and here are similar vehicles in the market.

It was 3 pairs of glasses, 2 actual pairs of normal glasses and 1 pair of sunglasses, all Ray Ban though.

Saying that If I have the original invoice for the car in April Showing 3+K that should help no? plus the Ebay link is still live showing £4K.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Just get proof for everything you can. Including charred remains and receipts. The more you can fire at them the better. (Pun not intended)

Clio Cup
It was 3 pairs of glasses, 2 actual pairs of normal glasses and 1 pair of sunglasses, all Ray Ban though.

Saying that If I have the original invoice for the car in April Showing 3+K that should help no? plus the Ebay link is still live showing £4K.

Id Say so -Get the opticians they will have a record of your last eye test a prescription , misses did the same when the A1 went Awol with here seeing goggles in

I saw this while I was sitting in the Volvo coming out of the gym ..... I have in the car a pair of Revo sunglasses and 3 pairs of Oakleys.(1 my wifes , my sailing ones , a white pair and my x metals ) i own 8 pairs of oakleys in total (11 if you count the wifes 3 pairs) ..... all have different uses .

Then as i sat there, there are 2 tablets , my work ipad and my personal Asus , 2 phones 1 android and 1 work blackberry , so yeah i would well believe that someone could have that much in the car .

Clio Cup
I saw this while I was sitting in the Volvo coming out of the gym ..... I have in the car a pair of Revo sunglasses and 3 pairs of Oakleys.(1 my wifes , my sailing ones , a white pair and my x metals ) i own 8 pairs of oakleys in total (11 if you count the wifes 3 pairs) ..... all have different uses .

Then as i sat there, there are 2 tablets , my work ipad and my personal Asus , 2 phones 1 android and 1 work blackberry , so yeah i would well believe that someone could have that much in the car .

Id check your insurance just incase the unthinkable happened

Must just be me that keeps feck all in my car then - The van on the other hand..................

Id check your insurance just incase the unthinkable happened

Must just be me that keeps feck all in my car then - The van on the other hand..................

I dont need to ... work stuff covered by work , my phones covered for fres on my bank account the rest on my house policy as nothing in my company car thats personal is covered .

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Your clio burst into flames? Hey wait OP i think i have a picture!

cliofire.jpg

I've not read the entire thread because I don't have any time at the moment. Sounds awful though, nothing worse than when some other tw*t on the road involves you in an accident.

Are you using an accident management company? If not I would use one. I've used Accident Exchange and they were very good. They dealt with the entire thing for me so I was completely stress free pretty much.

They will fight to get the value you deserve. I was offered £1600 for mine originally, but eventually got given a cheque for £3050!! After about 8 weeks of arguing about the value.

Photos of the car prior to the accident, receipts of everything. And proof from charred remains will all help fight your corner.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Insurance Company Called just now, they are offering £3200 to settle, but I'll have to cover fees for the claims management which is around £200 at the moment, PI claim still on going.
Courtesy car never turned up.

no car turned up ..... get on the phone and be firm wtf are they playing at , claims management companies are sht hot and if not phone and it all happens

what are you playing at , this has NEVER happened like this for me

Fiesta ST2 MP215
on the blower now, truth be told I've got 3 days left at my current job and so much to do, not even had lunch or anything just too busy, on hold now though. someone just been shitty with me here at work so I'm passing that on to someone else as soon as they pick up the phone.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
So, sorting out personal financial issue and transport for future... orrrrr... making sure old job is all OK and you're totally fucked over?

Hard decision to make I'll admit, but I think I know which way I'd sway