ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is a Cup, 1k better than a PHS 1??

172 ph1
yeah and ph1 172's look the same as the 1.2 mk2 ph1's;)

the mk1 clio looks much better than the mk2 ph1

dont be silly its class mate and they are pretty rare unlike the 172 cups you see pretty much everyday when your out n about....in mine people look and some have asked what is it lol...172 cup nowt special imo :approve:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
A £3k Cup will be a complete dog with over 80k...
You need in my opinion £2.5k for a decent PH1 that doesn't need its second cambelt change the following day (many forget these are 10yrs old now).
Decent Cup is £3.5-4k, I looked at a £4k example which was described as minty mint, was average at best, didn't even bother to test drive it.

This as i put earllier. Some people are deluded if you can get a mint, and i mean spotless Cup for around 3k. Most are dogs around that price. Even mine at 4k wasnt totally mint, bodywork wise, but had fsh and under 50k.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
dont be silly its class mate and they are pretty rare unlike the 172 cups you see pretty much everyday when your out n about....in mine people look and some have asked what is it lol...172 cup nowt special imo :approve:

whhhhaat?! Phase 1 172's especially in Silver are ten a penny round here! (Cheshire)!

172 ph1
well maybe where they all hide....i no theres a few up here off this site but ive only actually ever seen 1 in the flesh along with mine! :rasp:

i could give anyone a 10 mile drive in mine and see at least 1 cup! ;)

A cup any day. The dash of the ph1 looks rank

Ah the dash, I was waiting for that one to come up, my favourite! Comparing the two is like deciding which leg I would like to break off and then f**k myself with!!
And you think the Cup one is just so much better?
They are both pretty bad interior wise, they are both badly put together, have awful interiors but are cheap to buy and run and awesome fun to drive! That is what these cars are all about, not which has the best soft touch plastic.

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
Ah the dash, I was waiting for that one to come up, my favourite! Comparing the two is like deciding which leg I would like to break off and then f**k myself with!!
And you think the Cup one is just so much better?

Lol it is true, i do think the ph2 is better than the 1 by a fair bit tho.

OLR

Ph1 172 and Red 197
If you put a cup alternateur set up on a ph1 wouldnt it be lighter and still have ABS.
My ph1 looks like a cup from the back. lol