ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

irratic revs

Renault Clio
Hi all,
I am having serious problems with my clio. When idle my revs fluctuate which make my car chug and sometimes cut out. The revs can also go mad when i am driving which means that my car just struggles to move. I have had my TDC sensor and coil pack changed, new spark plugs and also have had all the intake and housing for the intake cleaned. I ended up taking it to Renault as no other garage could get into my ECU for some strange reason. They charge a fortune for playing guessing games with my car. Please can anyone help because i am really losing my patience with this car.

CB600FS
What model and what age is it?

If its a 1.2 16v I'd say either Injection Computer problems (cover rubs through wiring / water fills up Injection computer) or your throttle body wants a decent clean up.

What did the dealer tell you after they looked at it?

Renault Clio
It is a 2004 1.2 16V Dynamique. Renault said they have a list as long as their arm to try things out and they could only keep guessing... meanin that i pay £89 per hour for that privilege! They said to me that computer was showing no faults. So guess work is their only option

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
When was it last fully serviced? I know its obviously a major problem, but a full service can sometimes make a massive difference to the idle behavior... sorry i cant be of more technical help though mate!

1998 BMW e46 323i
I was in this very predicament recently. I had problematic starting, crazy revs, warning lights and non functioning accelerator.

I put my diagnostic tool on, and no codes. Replaced the t/body £55, throttle pedal £28 (cos it's a fly by wire jobbie) and cleaned my TDC sensor. Been fine since. Hope you get yours sorted. Find an indie garage and stay away from Reno dealers.