ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPod Connection

Renault Clio Sport 197
What is the best way to connect an ipod to a clio, i have a 197 but i guess its the same if you have a 172 or 182.

Thanks

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Renault Tunepoint is the best way. It is £170 though IIRC.

Dan

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
^^^ I can vouch for Floridadaz's cables, I had one myself, but when I managed to get a Tunepoint virtually new for £60 I couldn't say no :)

But Daz's cables do work perfectly, they just don't have the functionality of the Tunepoint. The Tunepoint allows you to plug in a USB stick/iPod/standard 3.5mm Aux in, and the headunit/steering wheel controls treat it as a CD Changer, so your controls work as normal, allowing you to change track/album etc without going near the player. It also displays the track information, I'm not sure where it takes this from, like, the file names or ID3 Tags, but it gets it from somewhere hehe :) Also with an iPod it charges the iPod and turns it off with the car if you leave it plugged it.

If you plug a USB pen in full of folders of music it works, arguably better than an iPod as with an iPod it shows the first 6 playlists as the 6 CDs in the changer. I've been told on here that with a USB it shows infinate 'CDs' treating each folder on the stick as another one. I'm not sure about the standard Aux-in port, I assume that just works the same as Daz's cable and you can't skip tracks etc, but I could be wrong - can anyone confirm how it treats a player plugged into the standard Aux-in port?

With Daz's cable you have to control the track selection etc directly on the MP3 player, you can only control the output volume as normal (the MP3 player volume remains the same, you're altering the headunit volume), but if you just wanna set it going and leave it, it's a winner, and they are like £158 cheaper :) Although don't leave it there without turning it off heh, because they don't auto-off of course, and you'll get back to find a dead batteried MP3 player - trust me on this one, I know *cough*

I feel as though the TunePoint is a bit less than £170, can anyone clarify? Not much, just like, £150-160 or something.

Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
  Renault Clio Sport 197
Thanks Dan you have pretty much explained everything i needed to know, prob worth investing in a tune port depending how much they are.

With regards the floridadaz cable the wire routing looks ideal for a 172/82 but the dash is totally different in my 197 so not sure if it would be as easy, if anyone has done it il be interested to know.

Thanks again dan