ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 6 thread.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
It's about time they overhauled the 'camera roll' system. It was always poorly named, since it contained all images saved on the device from web pages, whatsapp and the like, not just pictures actually taken with the camera. The new setup is fine. Only retards won't understand it.

Sorry but you're wrong. How spread out the images now are makes navigating it take forever. I don't like the design at all. This design existed in the last OS and no one ever really used it. So on that basis why make it the primary?

All I want is a folder called 'all images' and I'd be happy. It's not a big ask.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Sorry but you're wrong. How spread out the images now are makes navigating it take forever. I don't like the design at all. This design existed in the last OS and no one ever really used it. So on that basis why make it the primary?

All I want is a folder called 'all images' and I'd be happy. It's not a big ask.

I'd love to know what you are on about

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Not noticed the recently added folder?

All my images and videos are in there.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Unlucky, ive got 153.

My 5S backup brought over 150 of those from the camera roll.

If i need a total overview of everything and that includes the various iCloud streams I just set the view in the photos tab to moments.

Last edited:
I too would like the the camera roll back, even if they named it all images or whatever. The recently added folder only includes pictures added within the last 30 days so anything before that you have to use the other part.

320d M Sport
Dude, what? I have no camera roll album. I assume no one else does either.

The only way to view all photos is to have them separated by 900 dates and locations??? Which is poxy as hell.

I'm with you Rob. It's annoying. Recently added only has about 200 in there. My other God knows how many photos are divided by date markers Etc. Id just like to be able to have the choice to pick which view I wanted.

Personally, I keep all images that are important to me in iPhoto events on my Mac, and sync those to my devices. Every now and then I import my phone pics into iPhoto and delete them from the phone. This way, I have the same events on my iPhone and iPad as I do on my Mac, and I don't have tons of s**t in recently added, photostream, or camera roll or whatever you want to call it.

Being organised is for the win.

I'm with you Rob. It's annoying. Recently added only has about 200 in there. My other God knows how many photos are divided by date markers Etc. Id just like to be able to have the choice to pick which view I wanted.

How is having a folder full of hundreds of random images taken on the phone and or saved form web pages and the like, any more organised than having them organised by date etc?

Genuinely struggling to understand the issue.

320d M Sport
Id just like the choice mate, it's just my preference. They're not random photos they're mine that I took, I just want them all in the same unbroken list.

It's no different than me viewing all my songs in iTunes in one window.

SQ5
Id just like the choice mate, it's just my preference. They're not random photos they're mine that I took, I just want them all in the same unbroken list.

It's no different than me viewing all my songs in iTunes in one window.

Careful what you say, next update they may take it away!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
All those were taken in the last 30 days, everything else is on my Mac or in a photostream

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
All those were taken in the last 30 days, everything else is on my Mac or in a photostream

I don't bother importing them to my Mac, I just like to have them there, easy to fly back through and find something.

I don't dislike change, but why take away what appears to have been a very popular view type for no reason? It's not like they've added something they want you to use instead. They've just taken something away unnecessarily. Only thing I can think of is to try and encourage purchase of the additional storage.

SQ5

So what your saying is I definitely need to purchase an iMac ;)

Can you send photos wirelessly to iPhoto? And then get rid off of your phone. I'm guessing now photo stream has gone it will sync all?

Having to plug my iPhone into my laptop to get photos off isn't great.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Yeah that's all good, but as said, moments has been available for over a year and no one I know really used it.

Everyone I know used the camera roll, and I've never heard complaints about it. Judging by how many people on here are moaning I'm not alone either.

Seat Leon Cupra 290
Did anyone order with carphone warehouse? They never gave me any confirmation or anything, I did call them but they had said they only send an email out when the phone is ready to be dispatched? The also charged me the handset cost when there is no confirmation date for delivery which I thought was a bit much.

They also sent me a sim adapter and screen protectors for a 4.7" 6 when I'm getting a 6 plus. Not that I ordered either of these items. Very weird.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Did anyone order with carphone warehouse? They never gave me any confirmation or anything, I did call them but they had said they only send an email out when the phone is ready to be dispatched? The also charged me the handset cost when there is no confirmation date for delivery which I thought was a bit much.

They also sent me a sim adapter and screen protectors for a 4.7" 6 when I'm getting a 6 plus. Not that I ordered either of these items. Very weird.

My housemate did.

They have royally f**ked up their ordering system.

He's received his, but his tarrif hasn't changed over. Phoned up CPW, they said he shouldn't have his handset yet. Phoned O2, they've said there's no upgrade on the account.

He could end up with two phones at this rate, they're clueless.

Seat Leon Cupra 290
Maybe I'll end up with a 6 and a 6 plus at this rate then. They were so much cheaper than just upgrading through EE direct was the only reason I went with them.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
I frickin love my 6+ and just purchased the baby blue silicone case from the Apple store. Perfection

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Anyone else's photo collections not in chronological order?

For example mine goes 24 August, 25 August, 22 July, 2 September, 2 August, 3 September, 6 September, surely they should be sorted in the order that they were taken, not randomly?

White APE
Well I had ordered a 64gb space grey 6 but apple never sent it so ended up with a 128gb silver 6. Took EE near enough their quoted 24 hours to port across my number.

Here's a few quick pics.

97cf3f91b78ffad6f986de5709f15dcf.jpg

15313a0fad04636266628f1e07a52119.jpg

869eb6d503026affcc1dd17b9d23c1b1.jpg

c885163a0166e9c5ff4ac0c149519a72.jpg

7cbff9968313d46331634a0bcbc5f4a1.jpg

Last edited: