ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 6 thread.

White APE
My upgrade still working properly. Text, emails etc not coming through. iMessages do but they are obviously working through my account. Hmmm

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
As for my sad battery tests over night, in exactly 9 hours of doing absolutely nothing with all apps shut down properly before hand, the 5S lost 18% battery, whereas the 6 only lost 6% :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
It's made from sapphire glass, it cannot be scratched... unless your table is made from diamond! However I still agree in that I'd rather have a thicker phone without the camera sticking out, and a better battery.

But by that theory, our windscreen's on our cars would never get scratched because it's just stone and rubber that hit's them. Eventually, everything start's to marr/dull. I'll be interested to see how it goes.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Apple confirmation that my Baller Spec 6 has been dispatched. Delivery Thursday.

I just need a SIM card now. So will have to think about leaving O2 after 10 years or so. Best deal and signal really. Unlimited texts and data are musts. My currently Simplicity is £10 a month for unlimited texts, 100 mins and 1GB data. But I always exceed so end up topping up more often. Don't want that.

Fiesta ST3
Apple confirmation that my Baller Spec 6 has been dispatched. Delivery Thursday.

I just need a SIM card now. So will have to think about leaving O2 after 10 years or so. Best deal and signal really. Unlimited texts and data are musts. My currently Simplicity is £10 a month for unlimited texts, 100 mins and 1GB data. But I always exceed so end up topping up more often. Don't want that.
if threes any good where you are I'm with them 300mins 5000texts unlimited data £12.90 month on a rolling monthly contract??

Leon Cupra 300
It does so by a couple of mm in my 6 but it doesn't bother me I quite like it and the case feels decent quality.

Thanks. I ordered one anyway. I was hoping it would just to offer protection to the screen if I dropped it screen down.. The case will take the brunt of the impact and not the screen!

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member

Giffgaff - 250 mins, unlimited texts and unlimited data for £12 and they use the O2 network. Only downside is no 4G...yet.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
if threes any good where you are I'm with them 300mins 5000texts unlimited data £12.90 month on a rolling monthly contract??

Giffgaff - 250 mins, unlimited texts and unlimited data for £12 and they use the O2 network. Only downside is no 4G...yet.

Cheers guys. Would love to stay with O2 as three isn't too good up here. I'll look at those GG offers. Thanks.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Had a look at both the 6 and 6+ today and it's made me even more indecisive lol

I don't which one to get :S the 6 seems normal sized but the 6+ will allow me to do everything on the move so no more iPad and iPhone to carry round.

Price wise it doesn't really make any difference to me so I just don't know which one to get :S

Just traded all mine into CEX
a9y8ygab.jpg

Bit more on the nfc SIM card thing. From what I've read (for android at least) the new SIM card requirement is to do with the payment side of things not the phone to chip side.

More on topic, anyone know of shops that's not an Apple store that stock the 6 to buy outright? All the network shops and carphone warehouse around here only sell with contract and aren't able to say when they'll have them to buy.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I'm on giffgaff with a £10 a month goody bag which gives me 500 mins, unlimited texts and 1gb 4G data.

I think you'll be lucky to beat that anywhere.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Bit more on the nfc SIM card thing. From what I've read (for android at least) the new SIM card requirement is to do with the payment side of things not the phone to chip side.

More on topic, anyone know of shops that's not an Apple store that stock the 6 to buy outright? All the network shops and carphone warehouse around here only sell with contract and aren't able to say when they'll have them to buy.
Exactly, android, you don't need a special SIM card with an iPhone.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Oh so 4G is live?
For existing customers unfortunately, I think it's going live for everyone when they launch their new tariffs in the next month.

I i just been into the O2 store this morning, got a new 4G sim (with special nfc powers, made sure I got one of those ;)) and changed my simplicity tariff to a 4g one (costing me less than my old tariff with more data and unlimited minutes), I've kept with a 30 day contract in case I want to move to giffgaff with that phone too.

it was immediate activation, and 4g, but even though the O2 website says I should get 4g where I am, I am yet to get the signal, im in London all week though so I'll get one there. My giffgaff (using the O2 network) gets a 4g signal where I am though. Strange. Wonder if the 4g isn't using O2 network.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I'm only quoting what the EE man said, I don't really know much about it myself! He gave me a new SIM for free and said use this one or NFC won't work...

He's wrong. On previous phones with NFC payment capability they used the sim as a secure element. This required the carriers to get involved in payments (Orange and Barclays did a co-op with a GS3 a while back)

Apple pay circumvents this secure element by building it into the phone.

Finally sorted mine out and reordered with a different company and got myself a silver 128GB 6 instead and I have 20GB data now too.

Wont get get mine until the 30th though.

The girlfriends got an okayish upgrade deal from 3, seeing as 3 don't really so deals...

iphone 6 64g unlimited everything for 99 upfront and 45 a month. Buying her iphone 5 for £150.

for that price if you are a new customer you only get the 16g i6

Thanks. I ordered one anyway. I was hoping it would just to offer protection to the screen if I dropped it screen down.. The case will take the brunt of the impact and not the screen!
They're a really nice case worth the money, it does offer decent protection to the screen. If I was to drop it on a corner the case would touch at every point. If lay the phone flat on its screen the gap is just less than 1mm.

How much they giving this year? Much profit?

£25 a unit. Not the highs of £70 a unit when the iphone 5 came out, or £45 on the ipad mini or £40 on the xbox one but £150 is £150 for minimal effort! I always do it with new releases! Gots to make some money every oppurtunity

how does that make sense?

bonkers.

So you can buy 16g gold i6 for 539 from apple and sell to cex at 565. They sell it at 665.

I think you answered your own question tbh! ;)

DB.

BMW 440i
Picked up my silicone black case for my space grey today from Apple, phone gets delivered on Monday. Happy days!

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
I went for a Pinlo Slim, I can't be dealing with big chunky cases. I've had the Pinlo one on three phones so far, it protects but you can't tell it's there. Win.

Last edited:

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Im waiting on the Tech21 D3O case which they are working on.

Not seen any other cases that i really like

dk

911 GTS Cab
I didn't see anything that struck my fancy in the O2 shop earlier, want to see the official apple ones really.

i think the bumper form the iPhone 4 was the best case, protected the parts that needed protecting when dropped.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Just watched a YouTube video and really appreciated the bigger screen, whenever I see an iPhone 5 screen I'll just chuckle I think.

The main thing that impressed me though was the speaker, so much louder than my 5 was.

DB.

BMW 440i
On going into the Apple shop today, I'm 100% happy that I went for a 6 rather than a 6 plus, 6 plus was too big for me, never know in a years time though when the 6 becomes normal.

As I was undecided between Space Grey v Silver, I was getting regrets about Space Grey but I'd say I'm 75% happy with that decision now. Tbh, I think I'd have been happy with either but the Space Grey 6 looked fantastic.

Just waiting on UPS to deliver it to my work on Monday as they said it was closed today (which funny as my site is open 24/7 but hey ho)