ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 6 thread.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
How? 20% off what you quoted is still £42 odd a month.

I knew someone would ask.

12 x £53.50 = £642 - 20% discount = £513

£513 (12 month contract) + £279 (Handset cost) = £792

£792 (Total cost for 12 months service and handset) - raw handset cost from Apple direct @ £619 = £173

£173 (12 months service charge) ÷ 12 month = £14.41 per month.

320d M Sport
Ordered mine in O2 store on Friday and got the texts and emails to confirm. The my02 site and order tracker doesn't show anything, in fact it says I'm due an upgrade. lol. Anyone else able to track their O2 order?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Having suffered 2 years of Vodafone, I'd be wanting them to pay me £53 a month to return.

Through years of seeing people moan about providers it mostly comes down to area as you know. Been with Voda about 9/10 years in total. By far the best signal in my area.

172, Tiguan
Whether i'm north or south, or travelling in between, their 3G coverage is woeful. EE all the way for me.

Is that normal price or is that special rate?

As I'm on EE and would upgrade for early to have that deal!

I got that price by using one of those comparison websites and just went with the deal that suited me best.

Im currently on vodafone so will be porting my number across before cancelling my old contract which only has 2-3 months left, then selling my iPhone 5 to recoup the costs.

SQ5
Went for the 128GB iPhone 6 in space grey.

£30 upfront, 24 month contract - unlimited calls & txts with 10GB data for £48pm with EE.

Ash, are you a current customer? As that's the deal I want! I would happily pay that.

Just read above, I quoted from previous page. I'll call them once I've decided I want the phone or not.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Just spoke to EE, gotta wait till the 18th of October to upgrade for free otherwise I pay £85 upgrade fee but they offered me the following;

128 GB iPhone 6, any colour, unlimited txts and data, 4GB of data, £41 up front cost, £36 per month (or 10GB data for £40 per month)

128 GB iPhone 6+, unlimited texts and calls, 10 GB data, £48 up front, £40 per month (or 20GB data for £45 per month)

Both on 4G 24month contracts.

Need to get into a shop and see which one to go for.

and I think EE are the way to go signal wise but isn't there a website you put postcodes in to check which provider is best for your area?8

SQ5
and I think EE are the way to go signal wise but isn't there a website you put postcodes in to check which provider is best for your area?8

Most providers have these bit they are very skewed.

If you live at the bottom of a slight hill it will say you do but in reality you'd have to be level with the highest part if that makes sense, or on your roof!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Just spoke to EE, gotta wait till the 18th of October to upgrade for free otherwise I pay £85 upgrade fee but they offered me the following;

128 GB iPhone 6, any colour, unlimited txts and data, 4GB of data, £41 up front cost, £36 per month (or 10GB data for £40 per month)

128 GB iPhone 6+, unlimited texts and calls, 10 GB data, £48 up front, £40 per month (or 20GB data for £45 per month)

I can't understand those prices tbh, I would have expected them to be much higher.

I've ordered 6+ 128GB @ £789 and was going to go on an EE 30 day contract circa £20 a month.

If you look at your 6+ deal, £40 x 24mnths + £48 = £1008 less the cost of the phone is only £219 for unlimited calls, texts & 10GB data for 2 years, why the hell would you buy outright?? Its a shame they don't seem to offer that to new customers.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Most providers have these bit they are very skewed.

If you live at the bottom of a slight hill it will say you do but in reality you'd have to be level with the highest part if that makes sense, or on your roof!

So you think I should just stick with EE as it already works where I go?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Mate's just moved into his apartment and Vodafone is dead there, no signal at all. Has to go outside his door and about 10 meters into the car park... I'm on EE and get 3 bars of 4G. Both iPhone 5S! Crazy.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
I can't understand those prices tbh, I would have expected them to be much higher.

I've ordered 6+ 128GB @ £789 and was going to go on an EE 30 day contract circa £20 a month.

If you look at your 6+ deal, £40 x 24mnths + £48 = £1008 less the cost of the phone is only £219 for unlimited calls, texts & 10GB data for 2 years, why the hell would you buy outright??

I don't know why your buy any phone outright then pay an amount each month on a contract I looked into all ways to work it out cheaper and for the amount of usage I have of my mobile as I don't have a home phone it's not worth me doing anything other than the contract setup.

The 6+ 10Gb data contract is cheaper than my current 5 contract lol

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I have just pre-ordered my iPhone 6 from O2

I went for the following deal with them and the iPhone 6 was free -

Iphone 6, 64Gb in Silver
Unlimited Messages, Calls etc etc
20Gb of Data
6 Months Free Insurance

All for £55 per month which is only £10 more than what I'm paying already.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Mate's just moved into his apartment and Vodafone is dead there, no signal at all. Has to go outside his door and about 10 meters into the car park... I'm on EE and get 3 bars of 4G. Both iPhone 5S! Crazy.

Why doesn't he get a sure signal box? I have one at home and at work. No problems at all.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)

That seems a good deal

SQ5

I'd stick with EE.

Currently on phone and they can't get anywhere near those!

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I have just pre-ordered my iPhone 6 from O2

I went for the following deal with them and the iPhone 6 was free -

Iphone 6, 64Gb in Silver
Unlimited Messages, Calls etc etc
20Gb of Data
6 Months Free Insurance

All for £55 per month which is only £10 more than what I'm paying already.

What date were you given Marc?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
What date were you given Marc?

was told that it could be friday (very unlikely) or with in the next 2/3 weeks

2pyyero.png

Ash, are you a current customer? As that's the deal I want! I would happily pay that.

Just read above, I quoted from previous page. I'll call them once I've decided I want the phone or not.

No I'm not a current customer but I don't think it matters as you just go through the website in my case was affordablemobiles.co.uk it will just mean you'll have to cancel your old account after you have ported your old number across.

SQ5
If your a new customer you won't be able to, if existing just say vodafone offered me this and they play around with prices ;)

I'm not I've been with them for years.

I said a friend had gotten your deal and they said they can't get near that.

Do you get any other discounts etc..?

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
I'm not I've been with them for years.

I said a friend had gotten your deal and they said they can't get near that.

Do you get any other discounts etc..?

They did come up with the line of "O we can beat that as we have other discounts on the system available for you"

So maybe but I just thought it was a spiel they come out with because they try and fleece you first.

SQ5
I found the deals online. I don't see how a third party can offer it and they can't.

I'll call tomorrow and show where I've found the deal.

Its due to the way the agreement is set out between the network and the third party, its all to do with the network not having to fund the purchase of the phone, for the money they will get in return from P4u selling the contract.

Its bullshit, but its how it works

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Cheers mate never heard of those before, I'll pass it on to him! Bit expensive at £100 mind, but probably cheaper than changing networks.

ST
Nothing. I'm not buying a £600+ phone to cover the thing up.

f**k that.

Thats like buying a Ferrari and getting a permanent cover for it just in case it gets a stone chip.

Any word from Vodafone yet mate ?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410849931.886376.jpg

It appears mine is definitely in process.