ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 6 thread.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Dispatched.
ooooh goody, time for those posts already, mines ready for dispatch :)

[h=3]Preparing for Dispatch Delivery: 19/9 in most areas by Standard Shipping[/h]

• d=70&hei=60&fmt=jpeg&qlt=95&op_sharpen=0&resMode=bicub&op_usm=1.5,0.5,0,0&iccEmbed=0&layer=comp&.jpg
    [h=4]iPhone 6 128GB Space Grey[/h]

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I've no issue with the Apple cases, they don't detract from the product really and my 5 was MINT. Looks like I'll get my case next week but not the phone until 10-17 October. Which wouldn't normally be a PITA but I'm not going to have personal mobile until I receive it, but I don't fancy chancing my arm ordering from Phones4U so will wait.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I have to collect mine on Friday morning :( Wouldn't usually mind but the shop is an hour away, lol.

Clio 200T
I got my O2 email confirmation today saying I can pick up on release day :)

i ideally need need to get a case and screen protector as it ends up marked when at work :(

ST
I've no issue with the Apple cases, they don't detract from the product really and my 5 was MINT. Looks like I'll get my case next week but not the phone until 10-17 October. Which wouldn't normally be a PITA but I'm not going to have personal mobile until I receive it, but I don't fancy chancing my arm ordering from Phones4U so will wait.

All about the SENA Ultra Slim slip cases for me, will be my forth one, had one on my 3GS, 4/4S and my current 5.

http://www.senacases.com/product/heritage-ultraslim-iphone-6/

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Yep, I had one of those for my 5 also, but in the end got sick of having to take the phone out every time to use it, you also run the risk of dropping the phone when it's out of the case with no protection.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
very confused with what EE are offering, pre ordered in store but not really any discussion about tarifs etc, im sure he said £90 for the phone and £43 a month with 2GB of data, but i cant see that deal online they all seem to be better that what im getting as an upgrade :S

I had to pay a £10 deposit to reserve mine for collection... he talked about tariffs but nothing in concrete, which is actually okay with me as I might change what I originally wanted. Said I'd get an email of confirmation straight away but I didn't! Though he gave me a print out.

ST
Yep, I had one of those for my 5 also, but in the end got sick of having to take the phone out every time to use it, you also run the risk of dropping the phone when it's out of the case with no protection.

Touch wood i've never dropped an iPhone.

DB.

BMW 440i
Don't the cases ruin the side bezels on the 5?

No, although I initially had a belkin one iirc which I bought at launch and as it was a bit loose fitting, dirt would get behind the case and scratch the back of the iPhone quite badly.

Got a skech case after which was much better, but ruined my 5 after the first 6 months (the back of it anyway). I won't be making that mistake again.

Had no confirmation from O2 from when I ordered online other than a text only email saying:

"Thanks for pre-ordering APPLE iPHONE 6 128GB GREY on O2. Your ref is ************. It's expected on 19/09/2014. We'll keep you up to date on when your order's ready."

That's literally it!

-

As for cases, I've never had a case, sure it looks a bit battered around the edge after 2 years but to me the difference in trade in price for MINT vs 'used' (£100...?) is worth it for not having to have an ugly and bulky case!

White APE
I had to pay a £10 deposit to reserve mine for collection... he talked about tariffs but nothing in concrete, which is actually okay with me as I might change what I originally wanted. Said I'd get an email of confirmation straight away but I didn't! Though he gave me a print out.

I've paid a £10 deposit to secure a handset and agreed a contract I will upgrade to. Although having since been in their website I've seen another tarrif I would prefer.

ST
Oh dear. Thought they did well?

Indeed.

David Kassler, chief executive of Phones 4U, said: “Today is a very sad day for our customers and our staff. If the mobile network operators decline to supply us, we do not have a business. A good company making profits of over £100 million, employing thousands of decent people has been forced into administration.

ST
Three next ?

Three lost their biggest opportunity to bag iPhone 6 orders,
and now also have a Staffing revolt brewing.

Three's instore systems crashed across the UK from just
before mid-day on Saturday 13th September. No customers could have their
applications taken, and the Company's emergency plan also failed totally
resulting in a massive loss of iPhone 6 pre-orders and almost a full days trade from thousands of disgruntled customers.

This comes just two days after Three's sales staffers were put under
a 90 day consultation which aims to slash around 30% to 60% from their
earnings.

Unless immediate action is taken this week will signal the
start of a catastrophic fall from grace for Three. Resulting in a significant
reversal of its rise to challenge the main UK operators

BMW E46 330i Touring
Phones4U have had this coming for a while to be honest, a business built on pressure-selling and customer dissatisfaction. I don't know the story, not am I inclined to research it, but I wouldn't be surprised if mobile phone networks decided not to supply them anymore.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
CPW actually seem on the up. Very impressed with the stock, staff and knowledge. Haven't been back in a p4u shop since I was 16.

DB.

BMW 440i
I was going to change to a three tariff next week, might hold off to see how that pans out.

i considered doing that but EE are just going from strength to strength so I went with them. Sim only deal with EE and went handset only

Went for the 128GB iPhone 6 in space grey.

£30 upfront, 24 month contract - unlimited calls & txts with 10GB data for £48pm with EE.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Went for the 128GB iPhone 6 in space grey.

£30 upfront, 24 month contract - unlimited calls & txts with 10GB data for £48pm with EE.

Is that normal price or is that special rate?

As I'm on EE and would upgrade for early to have that deal!

Nippy white cup
Just pre ordered mine

iPhone 6 64GB in Space Grey with o2

£199 for the phone with £38pm Unlim text, unlim calls and 2gb Data (I stuggle to use 1gb at the moment so fine for me)

Collect Friday :)