ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 6 thread.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I wasn't really referring directly to ultimate costs. More just the fact that owning the handset outright gives you more options and flexibility. You're not tied in for two years.

The money is better in my pocket than the providers/apples.

I don't see the issue with being tied down for two years, if I'm desperate to upgrade I'll just buy out the contract, not that it's necessary mind as buying the latest iteration year in year out is nothing but overkill.

ST
I will be more than happy with an iPhone6 for 2 years tbh.

This.. Even tho I've been out of contract with my iPhone 5 since last sept, which will be the case next sept.

I didn't feel the need to get the 5S last year as it wasn't that much of an upgrade, granted it would've been 4G on Vodafone and it has a few extra trinkets but the 5 has served me very well for the past two years.

Sim free 128GB 6 in space grey.

Congratulations on choosing the optimal configuration.

The 6 Plus is doubtless fantastic, but only if you have a handbag to carry it around in. You've chosen the discerning gentleman's handset of choice, with maximum specification. For this, sir, I salute you :cool:

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
very confused with what EE are offering, pre ordered in store but not really any discussion about tarifs etc, im sure he said £90 for the phone and £43 a month with 2GB of data, but i cant see that deal online they all seem to be better that what im getting as an upgrade :S

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
128gb silver normal size just ordered with O2 they are very vague on delivery time though. Hope I don’t have to wait ages!

I ordered my 64gb yesterday and the delivery date is "2-3weeks from launch date". I'm guessing that's what's it's coming up as for you?

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
128gb silver normal size just ordered with O2 they are very vague on delivery time though. Hope I don’t have to wait ages!

I pre-ordered ours yesterday in O2 store and we given dates of 7th October for ours. Its just a guide though they said so could be earlier or, more than likely, later.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
People ordering direct with o2, are you doing contracts? As renting your phone is pretty poor now.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
@eugegall Chased voda yet?

I did my order on their website, got a confirmation email about 3 minutes after that.

It looks like anyone who ordered online gets the email automatically, if you ordered on the phone you will get as and when but order still confirmed. I hope!!

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
It looks like anyone who ordered online gets the email automatically, if you ordered on the phone you will get as and when but order still confirmed. I hope!!

Your order should be time stamped and dealt with in date & time order, assuming it has been placed and assuming it transmits properly.

The warehouse will begin receiving stock this week (may have done already......), then it will be released from the warehouse system in time stamp order , according to any other restrictions (so priority customers go first etc).

The apple & networks supply chains are pretty interesting at launch time.

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW

My brother ordered on the phone and hasn't heard back either.
I did it online and got the confirmation straight away.

He did the same thing last year and didn't get the phone for over a week after release, I ordered online and got it day of release. He is not going to be happy if they **** up again, sounds like you have done the same thing last year as well?

ST
Gave the tracker a bash:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410713474.277648.jpg

Seat Leon Cupra 290
Finally ordered one this afternoon, probably won't get it until xmas though if the demand is that bad. Went through carphone warehouse which had much better deals on EE than through EE direct.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
People ordering direct with o2, are you doing contracts? As renting your phone is pretty poor now.

The iPhone 6 64Gb with £150 upfront is £10 more than buying direct from Apple. All other configs are roughly £50+ more than RRP.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Agree, I can't be doing with being locked in on a 24 month contract anymore, I did it once or twice at most and hated it.

The £828 checkout did hurt though.

Ditto although I'm quite happy to get a cheap silicon cover from the net until the Griffin and Otterbox cases become available in the UK

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
waste money for nothing £30 for a cover I'd use at work or £4 a month, if the inevitable ever happens I can afford to replace it.

Seat Leon Cupra 290
I've had the apple leather one on mine and it's relatively scratch free even with dropping it weekly. Plus it doesn't look retarded