ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 6 thread.

I purchased my 5 with Orange on release 2 years ago, I then upgraded to 4GEE 3 months later. Unwillingly when i did this my 24 month contract restarted and I now cannot upgrade until December. Anyone else experience this? I've called support and they haven't got any of the original Orange data and say they cannot help and the only way to upgrade is pay off my contract.

Yes, I bought out my contract.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I lol'd at the geordie woman from EE trying to get me to stay.

"You do know 3's unlimited plan isn't actually unlimited it's only 50GB per month." Er, 50GB will do me just fine. Also, 3 offer free 4G abroad. "We offer calls and texts free of charge" Yeah, not quite the same, lol.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
£99 upfront and £50 per month for me, 64GB 6, unlimited everything. Fiver more than I currently pay and I only get 1GB atm, paid £230 upfront too. That was on a 5.

Seat Leon Cupra 290
Having unlimited data and a load of texts/calls in the states this summer with 3 really did make me wonder about staying with orange/EE. I noticed that EE say the data is UK allowance so I doubt they will offer similar any time soon.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
If anyone wants to pre order a 6 at £43.50, free handset - 16gb, unltd calls & texts with 4gb of data on Vodafone or EE (although £49.99 up front for handset) please PM me.

Mates rates through Phone4u, or so I believe!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I shall be going for £360 up front and £34 per month for a 64Gb iPhone 6 with unlimited/unlimited/10Gb data. Also includes 'super fast 4GEE' rather than 'normal 4G' lol does anyone know what speed that'll be roughly?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Someone who lives in the cloud? Perfectly doable, though not for me... luckily I was thinking of going 64Gb this time round anyway (always been 32Gb before)

Clio 1.2 16v
I shall be going for £360 up front and £34 per month for a 64Gb iPhone 6 with unlimited/unlimited/10Gb data. Also includes 'super fast 4GEE' rather than 'normal 4G' lol does anyone know what speed that'll be roughly?

I just got 19mb, it's not "super fast" but perfectly fine

GTD, Lupo
Unless O2 offer me an amazing retention deal I think I'm just going to buy the handset outright and then get a rolling sim only deal. It seems to work out a fair bit cheaper over the 2 year period than some of the other deals I have seen.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
O2's own tariffs seem to be worse than the O2 tariffs that CPW are offering.

that was the case last year when I got my 5S, so I upgraded via CPW and got a better tarrif, plus I got a 64gb for less than a 32gb if I'd gone direct and £100 cashback through Quidco, uber deal

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
6 plus
silver
64gb

£200 upfront and £38 a month contract (unlimited calls and txts, 1gb of data) with O2 through the CFW

SIM-free unlocked is always the way forward with these devices. Screw getting tied into 2-year contracts and bloated monthly payments for a luxury item that will have lost its shine in half that time.

I do of course appreciate that not everyone has the cash to blow on a £700 phone, but meh. If you can't afford it, don't buy it, has always been my view.

SQ5
Everything about this launch seems to scream shambles.

The phone was leaked months in advance.

The live stream announcement was glitchy and just didn't work correctly.

No websites or call centres managed to keep up.

I couldn't get onto the correct page on EE last night at midnight. I still don't know what deal I can have if I upgrade! I usually buy outright and tempted to bung it on a 0% CC

And yet it's generated massive publicity. Genius. They even trolled Samsung into making some more s**t videos.

Does anyone think Apple really underestimated interest in iPhone 6? Lol.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
SIM-free unlocked is always the way forward with these devices. Screw getting tied into 2-year contracts and bloated monthly payments for a luxury item that will have lost its shine in half that time.

I do of course appreciate that not everyone has the cash to blow on a £700 phone, but meh. If you can't afford it, don't buy it, has always been my view.

Agree, I can't be doing with being locked in on a 24 month contract anymore, I did it once or twice at most and hated it.

The £828 checkout did hurt though.

Can someone answer this question for me?

4G, will I use more data (therefore need a higher data allowance) than 3G, even if I just browse the same content?

Does it use more or is it simply faster?

I've always had enough with a 1 or 2 Gb 3G limit, but will this remain the case with a 4G contract?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member

4G, will I use more data (therefore need a higher data allowance) than 3G, even if I just browse the same content?

I've always had enough with a 1 or 2 Gb 3G limit, but will this remain the case with a 4G contract?

Don't know about the iPhones on 4G but when I had an iPhone 4 on 3G 1GB was more than enough, I moved to an S3 LTE and found that I was hitting my limit around half way into the month!

That was browsing the exact same amount too.

BMW 330ci
So I originally ordered with apple, and was told I would receive it 3-4 weeks time, thought oh great ! I am clearly very impatient. So I started looking round, looking on Phones4U and ordered the same one, Sim Free so still unlocked and should be arriving on launch day, if not it will still be arriving quicker than 3-4 weeks !

BMW M4; S1000 RR

If you load the exact same videos/webpages it will use the exact same amount of data.

Don't listen to anyone that tells you different.

I have a 10GB plan through 4GEE. Colossal waste for me and next time will be going with 2 or 3GB if available.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
So I originally ordered with apple, and was told I would receive it 3-4 weeks time, thought oh great ! I am clearly very impatient. So I started looking round, looking on Phones4U and ordered the same one, Sim Free so still unlocked and should be arriving on launch day, if not it will still be arriving quicker than 3-4 weeks !

That's a good tip, still seems to be delivering for 19th, I'd change my Apple order but I can wait and will get the phone & the case at the same time so not to do any damage to the back of it.

BMW 330ci
Im inpatient and can't wait, I sold my 5s about a month ago and fed up of the rubbish phone I'm using at the moment. Have you ordered one of the apple cases ?