ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 6 thread.

BMW X5
Quick Q, as I've never done it before.

If I pre-order through Apple website tomorrow at 8 and get one, will it be delivered on the launch day or will they post it that day- only want to know as need to know where to have it delivered?

Thanks,

Dave

2014 Focus Titanium
However the UI and UX is about 10 years behind Apple. It can have all the features in the world, but if it looks crap and isn't intuitively useable I'll still buy the fruit based product.

Lmao. Have you even used an Android in the past two years? Obviously not because you wouldn't be saying that.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Quick Q, as I've never done it before.

If I pre-order through Apple website tomorrow at 8 and get one, will it be delivered on the launch day or will they post it that day- only want to know as need to know where to have it delivered?

Thanks,

Dave

It depends on how quickly you manage to get an order in, if you manage to get one in you should get it on launch day. I don't think ordering will open until 9am though.

Android 10 years behind Apple? You been smoking crack?!

I use both and I cant say which one I prefer. Switching between the iphone and the Nexus does not cause me any user problems. I don't really see what the fuss is about when it comes to the OS. Both do a great job and I wouldnt say either one is better than the other.

For me, its all about the best phone (and budget) these days as both operating systems do what I want from a phone.

Anyway, back on to the 6. The misses wants one so just debating simfree/giffgaff or contract.

Giffgaff option works out at at totak of £827 over 2 years (inc 16GB which is all she needs). This is 500mins, 3GB data and unlimited texts.

Will any contracts get anywhere near this?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
3GB Data, 500mins and unlimited texts for £12....

I'm not going anywhere... still great value IMO!

I usually use around 2.5GB so I am getting a better deal than before as my Mins have doubled.

Existing members still get unlimited for £15.00.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Haven't looked but what are the tariffs going to be like? I pay 37 ish a month with unlimited everything really.

Golf R32
I'm still 50/50 on the 6 or 6+, having looked at the size print outs it's not to massive a difference and I can see the benefits of the larger screen for stuff like sat nav and watching & reading stuff when I don't have my iPad with me. But on the flipside there's always the thought that it'll be to big when you're out about with it in pockets.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
I'll add another post asking if anyone wants to sell their iphone 5 please pm me.

need it to be either unlocked or on Vodafone.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'm still 50/50 on the 6 or 6+, having looked at the size print outs it's not to massive a difference and I can see the benefits of the larger screen for stuff like sat nav and watching & reading stuff when I don't have my iPad with me. But on the flipside there's always the thought that it'll be to big when you're out about with it in pockets.

Me too, I can't help but feel if I go for the 6, after a few days I won't notice any real difference. But the 6+ is noticeably bigger.

Listerine & Poledo
I've got a £75 tariff (24 month jobber) which got me a 32gb 5 for nowt 2 years back.

But it seems baller tariffs are now not offered, so guess I'll have to up-front several hundred quid for a 64gb one eventually.

Listerine & Poledo
OK, best add some honesty to that

I get 50% off of any tariff I like, forever, so it's not that bad ;)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Might be a daft one. But with the likes of gif gaff do they only use three or is there like an option?
apologies for going slightly off topic.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'm going to switch to an EE Sim Only I think, Vodafone has completely lost it these days.

It's started -

article-2749597-213D3C8F00000578-940_634x432.jpg

Someone posted this in my feed (granted they also mocked Nexus). My simple response was, that with all this technology, they still make a phone that is half as good as my 5S. The contacts, calendar, email client, text, calling etc is average at best on every single device I have had the displeasure of using in my working career. Not a single phone has come close. The Samsungs may be quicker, but they are patchy and jumpy when operating emails and calendars. The UI is the reason I will continue to buy Apple products. And as someone has recently said (no doubt Tom or RM), I don't expect the iPhone 12 to reinvent the phone. I expect it to be quicker and easier to use. I've had touch technology on my Amex for however many years it's been around. Do I bother with it? Nope.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I agree it. It is hard to reinvent the wheel. Especially if you are the company that invented it.

Good to know James, I'll check the prices in a few days - hopefully when my pre-order has been confirmed.

Must be down to the individual store then, in although the condition of my handset won't be an issue as it was a replacement from Apple on the 14th of August.

I've sold mine now. So it keeps the price, as no doubt it'll drop when the influx of up-graders hits. 14 days from receipt of the phone bag, so should tie in with delivery of the new phone. I hope.

Any one upgrading with a 5 or 5s for sale, drop me a PM. Condition not really important, as long as it all works.

I am Mike, but not sure you're going to want to pay £255 i.e. matching Vodafone's buy back quote? Let me know either way fella.

I agree it. It is hard to reinvent the wheel. Especially if you are the company that invented it.

Yep.

One would hope so. After all, they have had two extra years to work on how the outer case for its 2012 technology looks.

I would rather 2012 tech that works in 2014/15. I do not have the time to sit and wait while my Blackberrys, Samsungs and Nokias of old "hang" while they think about opening emails. My iPhone doesn't do this, so there is no debate from my end. Old iPhone pays any one off cost of the new one at launch (not had one in a few years to be fair) and I carry on happily.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
lol I thought I'd walked into the PS4/Xboxone thread!

Not at all! For the record I'm very pro-Apple myself, I like their products, I like their build quality, I like their UI.

But I can see beyond that and see that there are real alternatives out there, genuine alternatives that from a UI perspective have caught up and surpassed what Apple have to offer. The strong build quality will end up being Apple's only USP.

That doesn't matter though, the iPhone is the pinnacle of planned obsolescence with users the world over convincing themselves their phone needs replacing with the latest model for no other reason than 'just because I can'. That's the perfect marketing model, right there. Credit to Apple for working it for so hard and for so long.

1.8 Civic EX
I would rather 2012 tech that works in 2014/15. I do not have the time to sit and wait while my Blackberrys, Samsungs and Nokias of old "hang" while they think about opening emails. My iPhone doesn't do this, so there is no debate from my end. Old iPhone pays any one off cost of the new one at launch (not had one in a few years to be fair) and I carry on happily.

There's your problem. Have you used a nexus? Its just pure android with no manufactures own bloatware slowing it down. My N5 is as quick now as the day I got it.

All personal preference etc but I have to disagree with your earlier comments about the phone, text, email etc being better on iPhone. I much prefer the android one.

This to me is "just another iPhone" and imo they don't come across as market leading technology like they used to. Its nothing special and anyone that already has an iphone but is willing to part with £6/700 to get a 6/6+ (if bought outright) is just bonkers IMO.

Last edited:
  172, Tiguan
I'll add another post asking if anyone wants to sell their iphone 5 please pm me.

need it to be either unlocked or on Vodafone.

I'll be selling my white 16gb i5 which is locked (i assume) to Voda. I've no idea what it's worth as I've not looked yet!

Nippy white cup
I suppose its the same could be said for a lot of things we buy. I've no doubt that they already have the means to add the things that will make the 6S better in 12 months time but better to drip feed us to get us to buy again. My iphone 5 is a great phone as it is but like cars/computers/tv's we always want the next model even for a small improvement...basically we are all dicks lol

Lol but true!

I like my nexus 5, but will probably get the new nexus. The misses is quite happy with her iPhone 5, but still getting the 6!

SQ5
I spoke to EE about upgrading today. Apparently they won't process order until the 19th, meaning you won't get it launch day. That can't be right? I've only ever bought from Apple sim free?!

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Android (Stock not the touchwiz shite) and ios have been on par for ages now but the app store is far superior on apple.

Hopefully work should be upgrading our phones soon, so hopefully an iPhone 6 will be on the cards. :)

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'm decided on the 6+ I think, the 6 won't be big enough after a few days I reckon it won't feel any different from the 5.