ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 6 thread.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
How much is a 5s 64GB worth? £300?

CeX are currently giving the best prices if your iPhone is mint... if it isn't, sell it to O2.

Personally I think these are the worst looking iPhones of the last few years, and I was seriously considering just sticking with my iPhone 5S or even going over to Windows Phone... but meh, I'll probably just get one anyway. Definitely not going for the Plus though! Wow, tbh I would rather just stick to 4" but my eyesight is terrible so I guess it'll have some merits.

ST
CeX are currently giving the best prices if your iPhone is mint... if it isn't, sell it to O2.

Personally I think these are the worst looking iPhones of the last few years, and I was seriously considering just sticking with my iPhone 5S or even going over to Windows Phone... but meh, I'll probably just get one anyway. Definitely not going for the Plus though! Wow, tbh I would rather just stick to 4" but my eyesight is terrible so I guess it'll have some merits.

Indeed, more if the handset is unlocked too, 237£ for a mint 32gb iPhone 5, my current handset is only 3.5 wks old, so i'll be collecting top coin for mine.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Was chatting to the lads in work. I may end up keeping my 5 unless apple decide to make it stupid slow.

ST
Selected stores are allowing you to pre-order in store. £25 to do it, you get a pre-order slip and they run it through on the day for you prior to the standard pre-orders going through.

Job jobbed.

Surely they'll get stick from Apple for that, if other suppliers can't take pre-orders until Fri, no ?

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Indeed, more if the handset is unlocked too, 237£ for a mint 32gb iPhone 5, my current handset is only 3.5 wks old, so i'll be collecting top coin for mine.

Annoyingly my 64GB comes up at the same price.

skusey_

ClioSport Club Member
  OG Megane 250
The fact they've gotten rid of the 32b version annoys me, if anything drop the 16gb model as 32gb would be the most popular by now. 50\50 on if I'll get one based on the keynote, not much else currently on the market though that I like.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
You would think with how modern Apple should be that they measure in inches, just seems so old fashioned ( I know that tv's and other screens also measure in this size ). I would of thought they would have moved on to mm or cm[SUP]2[/SUP]

They are an American company so use imperial measurements, not metric, it's not likely to change, unlike the UK that use a hybrid of the two, we like a pint of beer but 500g of meat.

I work for a US defence program and we measure in thou (thousands of an inch), so I'm quite used to working in imperial.

Last edited:

welshname

ClioSport Club Member

Am I not getting an apology? You've hurt my feelings.

10694984_10154687462755657_1455604104_n.jpg

320d M Sport
I'm really surprised O2, well actually all the networks haven't given us tariff details yet. Loads of people must be like me and waiting to upgrade now.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
They are an American company so use imperial measurements, not metric, it's not likely to change, unlike the UK that use a hybrid of the two, we like a pint of beer but 500g of meat.

I work for a US defence program and we measure in thou (thousands of an inch), so I'm quite used to working in imperial.

Apple measure in 0.5 and 0.9 of an inch, what's the fraction in real imperial?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
https://uk.webuy.com/phones/product.php?mastersku=SAPPIPH532GB

Misses sold her battered 64gb to them last month, when i say battered i mean humped, chucked in her hand bag everyday, was kicked along the street in Marbs earlier this year too, she got 204£ from Cex for it.

Not every CeX will do this. I was behind someone in the Southend store trying to sell their iPhone and they said sorry we only take absolutely mint ones here, they straight up refused to buy it off him.

I've used Mazuma before though and they won't deduct money even if your iPhone is cracked and smashed! Although that was on the rear, not the front.

ST
Vodafone is £255...

Good to know James, I'll check the prices in a few days - hopefully when my pre-order has been confirmed.

Not every CeX will do this. I was behind someone in the Southend store trying to sell their iPhone and they said sorry we only take absolutely mint ones here, they straight up refused to buy it off him.

I've used Mazuma before though and they won't deduct money even if your iPhone is cracked and smashed! Although that was on the rear, not the front.

Must be down to the individual store then, in although the condition of my handset won't be an issue as it was a replacement from Apple on the 14th of August.

I doubt my account manager at EE will know any sooner, but I've asked him to call me as soon as he knows prices.

330i. E30 Touring.
Any one upgrading with a 5 or 5s for sale, drop me a PM. Condition not really important, as long as it all works.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
However the UI and UX is about 10 years behind Apple. It can have all the features in the world, but if it looks crap and isn't intuitively useable I'll still buy the fruit based product.

Lol I do agree to be fair. I'm not loyal to either. The new iphone looks lovely. Especially against the nexus 4.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
However the UI and UX is about 10 years behind Apple. It can have all the features in the world, but if it looks crap and isn't intuitively useable I'll still buy the fruit based product.

I use both pure Android (Nexus 5) and iOS (5C) on a daily basis...I find comments of Android not being intuitive perplexing.

It's different, of course, but give it as much time as it originally took you to get your head around iOS and it's on a par and even better if you like fiddling with s**t.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I use both pure Android (Nexus 5) and iOS (5C) on a daily basis...I find comments of Android not being intuitive perplexing.

It's different, of course, but give it as much time as it originally took you to get your head around iOS and it's on a par and even better if you like fiddling with s**t.

If you have do do that to make it work, then surely its not intuitive?